Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Verizon Cust. confused as h*** with bluetooth.

niceguy535

Aug 15, 2006, 12:04 AM
I just bought the new LGVX5300, mainly because of bluetooth. I was hoping to be able to transfer pictures and songs with it. Now, my problem is that I can connect with another phone, but then every time I attempt to transfer, it says "Check bluetooth status of receiving device" on my phone and "connection interrupted" on the other persons. In the manual it says that my phone "doesn't support ALL Bluetooth OBEX profiles". Does it matter that I was trying with a cingular cust.? Will I not be able trade tones with those outside of verizon or just not with anybody? If you guys lead me in some sort of direction as to how to use this damn thing, I would greatly appreciate it.
oudidntkn0w

Aug 15, 2006, 1:15 AM
None of that will work, data transfer over BT on most VZ phones is turned off by VZ, as they wish to not pay for that standard.
s13driftingTX

Aug 21, 2006, 3:21 PM
Supported Profiles: HSP, HFP, DUN, OPP some explanation on these profiles: Headset (HSP) and Handsfree (HFP) profiles, for connecting the phones to headsets and car kits, respectively. Another profile, Object Exhange(OBEX), allows you to you transfer files (like photos) (FTP) and/or information (like contacts and events) (OPP) to and from other devices. Another Bluetooth profile, Dial-Up Networking (DUN), lets you connect a laptop or PDA to the Internet via the device. Some other Bluetooth profiles are BPP, which connects devices to printers, (HID) lets your device interface with keyboards and (A2DP, AVRC) will play music files through stereo headphones.
Rich Brome

Aug 25, 2006, 9:52 AM
What you're trying to do uses the OPP (OBEX) Bluetooth profile. Verizon specifically disables that on most of their phones.
matrix2004

Aug 28, 2006, 7:55 PM
Yup, OBEX is disabled. The closest thing to this is using Bluetooth with BITPIM on your PC. You can send pics,mp3s,ringtones from the pc to the phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.