Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

CAN I UNLOCK A SPRINT PHONE ?

roosmjr

Feb 25, 2006, 10:46 AM
I have a sprint phone, can it be un locked or set up to use on cingulars network ? It is a mod # 535. it does not use a sim card.

Thanks, MJR
KrazyJoe

Feb 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
No. Completely different technology. Not possible.
Rich Brome

Mar 5, 2006, 7:38 PM
No.

Generally, you can't unlock a Sprint phone. Even if you could, you couldn't use it with Cingular since they use GSM and your Sprint phone is CDMA. Totally different technology.
WILLPHASE

Mar 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
DUDE YOUR LOOKING AT AN INPOSSIBILITY, YOUR SPRINT PHONE IS BUILT TO USE A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT NETWORK FROM THE ONE YOU WANT TO UNLOCK IT TO USE...........CDMA vs GSM TOTALY DIFFERENT, NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE FACT THAT YOUR PHONE IS ESN BASED AND NOT SIM BASED DOUES NOT HELP ONE BIT
sundropranger

Apr 29, 2006, 10:43 AM
if verizon has the software, which i doubt, they can unlock it, it will not work on another network
lorilicious

Apr 29, 2006, 2:21 PM
That's impossible. Cingular works on GSM technology (sim cards), Sprint is CDMA, Even within CDMA like for instance you wanted to transfer a sprint phone to cricket, alltel, pcs or verizon, since is CDMA technology you can find a way to do it but the phone might not work all that great on the network or running applications such as java or BREW. so NO, you can't use a sprint phone on cingular. You might be able to use a TMOBILE phone on cingular.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.