Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Rebate Scams?

jhnny123

Jan 29, 2006, 2:13 AM
Alot of people including myself are growing very skeptical about any rebates offered with cell phones on this site. I have recently sent my concern to the Phonescoop Web people about their affiliation with such companies that may be looking to scam customers just trying to get the best deal on a phone. I would like to know if any others on this site have had similar bad experiences. Also, does anyone have any honest vendors they can recommend. So far, I have not had a good experience with Foncentral.com, and now I see that others have had problems with Wirefly. 😡
Cigee

Jan 29, 2006, 1:24 PM
It's simple. Always buy from a dealer of some sort. We all have legit rebates on certain phones that you WILL get back in 6-8 weeks. Rule of thumb....if the price seems too good to be true. It probably is.
wldwmndsn

Jan 29, 2006, 4:40 PM
I recently bought some phones thru Amazon.com. Everything was great until we went to exchange the phones for different models. They told us the best way to do it was cancel our whole order, phones and service w/cingular, and started over. I placed the second order at my expense and was told I would receive the refund in 3 to 5 business days. Seventeen business days later I'm still waiting for my refund. I've been told no it will take 7 to 10, or we're having techn difficulty or repeatedly wait just a few more days. I finally gave up and told my bank to go get the money.
johnnybmagic

Jan 30, 2006, 10:55 AM
I do not know anyone who has gotten back a rebate from wirefly, which includes 3 of my friends whom thought they were going to get a free RAZR after the $200 rebate they never received! They did all get their phones though, so I guess in a way they didn't get ripped off but just keep in mind when dealing with on-line dealers that whatever you pay for the phone up front is what you will pay for the phone. Do not expect any rebates!!
Wireless Consultant

Jan 30, 2006, 3:29 PM
I have a website thats affiliated with In-phonic and others. I personally help customers with the rebates.

But they still need to follow the rules on the rebates. No cancellations, non payments, lower price plan changes and follow mail in dates.

If everything is done right, its a great deal.

I had a customer during Christmas ask for a Sony Ericsson Z520a. I had them order from Wirefly because it was free upfront, no mail in.

http://wirelessconsultant.net/ »
cellular_student

Feb 2, 2006, 6:58 PM
www.letstalk.com
averagejoe

Feb 3, 2006, 2:14 AM
Hey don't the the companies or anybody else but the customer who takes the offer.The fact is the customer sees the big picture usually FREE, and thats all they are concerned bout, but as long as the customers reads the details and follows it and does it, then is nothing to complain about.

Problem is the customer does not read it then calls and bitches to the company over it, do they have the right, sure they are the customer, do we as a company do anything over it- hell no since not our rebate, ify ou didn't get it, then you did not follow their policy.

In the end if the customer does it to get that new free phone, where most people have to pay elsewhere, you take their offer, you take their rules, just that simple.
Wireless Consultant

Feb 3, 2006, 12:14 PM
I have a customer who complained about the rebate.

I found out two things he did not do.

No invoice date on bills sent and no UPCs sent.

I asked him what did you do with the UPC from the box. He said he threw it away.

I told him he screwed up but make a copy of the back of the phone showing the serial numbers. Send better copies of invoices with dates showing.

I do not know if this will work but (To Be Continued).

My Letstalk.com
http://wirelessconsultant.net/letstalk.php »
Ali7185

Feb 3, 2006, 4:25 PM
Hey guys - I know the rebates look too good to be true, and many of us are convinced that it's just the traditional old "bait and switch" tactic...

but I did find a posting on another forum that I belong to which I found to be really helpful:

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=4 ... »

The great thing about this link is that the deals posted there have INSTANT rebates - in the world of rebates, *instant* is the magic word... because the discount is taken off before you buy, so there's no messy paperwork to send in, and no worries about the runaround they give you when you follow up...

So check it out - I highly recommend it... 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.