Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Motorola i875

lofever

Jan 11, 2006, 5:11 PM
### Need Info. Please ### 😎

I have just ordered an i875(aka i870) Motorola phone. I'm now using old i95cl and i90 Motorola phones. Can I use the sim card from either and install it on the i875?? If so, will I lose anything in my phone book data? If not where's the most cost effective site to purchase another? My carrier is Nextel.

Thanks,
Nr 😁
MarkF

Jan 13, 2006, 4:58 AM
You can use yor old SIM but the phone will loose all the fancy features including the increased size phone book. The maximum number of numbers is limited to what you currently have in your i95/i90.
lofever

Jan 13, 2006, 2:24 PM
MarkF:
Thanks for the insight and I do appreciate this info.
I do have some other questions though . . . Will purchasing a new sim require re-entering all existing phone book data or can I upload to a computer and then download info. to the new sim? Where can I acquire software to do this? I have a data cable (ph. to USB) for my i95cl. . . can this be used on the i875? A new sim will have to be reported to my carrier (Nextel) I assume. Where can I get a better buy on a sim card and what specs should I be looking for when I shop for one, being the most advantageous to the i875? What other features of the i875 will be disabled using the old sim card?

Thanks,
Lf 😲 😳 😲

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.