Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Analog Roaming.

mrmarcus69

May 10, 2004, 8:53 AM
There are so many new phones on Verizon that do not have this. I need To replace my Lg VX1 and all the new ones do not offer this except for the VX4400 series. Do i really need this feature?? Any suggestions. Will be replacing the phone in 24 hours due to it fading into oblivion after 2+ years of great service.
JDigital

May 10, 2004, 2:52 PM
It depends on whether or not you noticed ever going into analog roaming with your old phone or not. Most people I believe do not need analog any more, and actually Verizon will be phasing it out sooner rather than later, from what I have been told. That's probably why you're noticing that many of the new phones don't have this feature. However, there are a few people probably who live in rural areas and make use of it more often. Honestly, the signal quality is so poor and the battery life so bad in analog that I wouldn't use it anyway.
Zihua

May 12, 2004, 4:21 PM
I still have a trimodal phone. Here in Boston analog is not necessary, but when I get into the rural areas of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont and off the beaten track in those states I need it.

Last year I went to Santa Fe and Taos in New Mexico. Santa Fe was all digital, but Taos was analog.

If you are in rural areas frequently, you might want to still have it, otherwise it shouldn't be a problem.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.