Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 10 replies

SIM cards suck

rsd317

Jul 16, 2005, 7:46 PM
why can't you transfer contacts with their appropriate associatione (ie mobile, home, etc) via sim card. Also why is there no standard sim software for all make and models...today i had to erase names off my sim card one by one bc there was no feature that could simply erase the whole sim card (i know for a fact that some phones can do that). to me the sim card really does nothing more than provide the actual service to the phone...who agrees
Al_Swearengen

Jul 16, 2005, 9:37 PM
rsd317 said:
why can't you transfer contacts with their appropriate associatione (ie mobile, home, etc) via sim card. Also why is there no standard sim software for all make and models...today i had to erase names off my sim card one by one bc there was no feature that could simply erase the whole sim card (i know for a fact that some phones can do that). to me the sim card really does nothing more than provide the actual service to the phone...who agrees

Sounds like your real issue is with the phones not the sim cards. You pretty much answered your own questions. Different manufacturers have different ways to access and change sim card info. It's not the sim card's fault. Have you tried calling your phon...
(continues)
nikg

Jul 17, 2005, 7:29 PM
You can buy a sim card reader and software 🙂 it makes life a whole lot easier when trying to manage sim data.
rsd317

Jul 18, 2005, 5:58 PM
nikg said:
You can buy a sim card reader and software 🙂 it makes life a whole lot easier when trying to manage sim data.

where do i get one
AshDizzle

Jul 23, 2005, 7:37 PM
try ebay
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 1:39 AM
it's prob gonna be expensive... sim cards can hold the info you want it to, but it's up to the phone to know it can transfer the info. i've used a blackberry 7290(cing) and my sim held my email addys as well as numbers. Only one contact #/email per name, but it works.
tcd2004

Aug 15, 2005, 1:29 PM
How can you say a SIM card sucks, would you rather transfer every single number manually with a CDMA phone? SIM cards make life a whole lot easier are one of the best features of GSM
Achilles5

Aug 15, 2005, 4:34 PM
you dont have to do it manually with CDMA genious. Almost all CDMA carrier corporate stores cables that can transfer phonebooks from phone to phone in about 2 seconds.
AshDizzle

Aug 15, 2005, 7:01 PM
So do GSM carriers. Still one step ahead of you. In fact, we transfer it in just 1 second. 😁
Mark Larson

Aug 15, 2005, 1:54 AM
You should go to Verizon. There you can pay $20 or whatever for the privilege of taking your phonebook with you from your old phone to the next, and they will probably mess it up for you.

All the phones I've had since 1998 store numbers on the phone itself, so your complaints are moot anyway. If you want to get rid of SIMs just because they don't fulfill an ancillary duty to your satisfaction, you're off the rocker. I can live with not being able to store more than 1 number per contact when the alternative is so ****ty.
Achilles5

Aug 15, 2005, 4:37 PM
do some research buddy. verizon doesnt charge you to transfer phonebooks, and niether does any CDMA carrier, at least that ive heard of. They would be happy to do it for you for free, cause they appreciate thier customers. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.