Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Cingular & AT&T???

Mendel

Mar 14, 2004, 11:02 AM
when will cingular & AT&T start sharing towers?
NeumZ

Mar 14, 2004, 11:51 AM
i heard the deal closes in december so prolly like a year and a half
Myth

Mar 14, 2004, 6:09 PM
NeumZ said:
i heard the deal closes in december so prolly like a year and a half

I would guess it to be one of the first things we do, even if we have to treat it as a roaming agreement.

Timetable I've heard has us legally wed around December, and I'd guess tower-sharing would be in place as soon as possible after that. January, maybe.

...Not like I'm an expert, or even have inside information. That's just my best, good-faith guess.
GDBOSS

Mar 15, 2004, 4:40 PM
I know for a fact that they stated sharing towers in the Philadelphia market early last week.
MW2

Mar 16, 2004, 3:20 PM
attws & cing had signed an agreement back in dec. to allow attws custs to roam w/o being charged roaming on cings gsm networks in certain markets. i live in one of those markets and have been able to roam anywhere in my state on cing in area's that attws doesn't have towers.
Mendel

Mar 16, 2004, 6:50 PM
is that a 2 way thing? (could cingular customers roam on AT&T's network?)
MW2

Mar 18, 2004, 5:32 PM
not really sure, since here cing has more towers then attws but attws tower's have stronger signals. so cing wouldn't have much a reason to roam on attws other then provide a stronger signal to their gsm customer's in the st. louis are and along the interstate's for where attws has towers.
Mendel

Mar 16, 2004, 6:51 PM
is that a 2 way thing?

and any info on NJ????

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.