Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Verizon, Nextel or Sprint

spidermanroach

May 15, 2008, 7:33 PM
What are everybody's thoughts on the service of these 3 companies? I have had Nextel for about 8 years now and just got the blackberry 7100i. Now I keep hearing about all these new blackberry's with other companies and get pissed!!! The ONLY reason that I don't switch is because of the direct connect. It seems like Verizon has so many more great phones. Just wanted to get thoughts from people. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
southwestcomm

May 15, 2008, 9:28 PM
You understand Nextel and Sprint are the same company now? If you don't need the direct connect Sprint has other BB's on the CDMA network and other phone choices as well.
sprintemployee2

May 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
Go with whoever has the best signal in your area. Talk with whoever you know in your town.
Just make sure that if you're not happy with the signal that you cancel within the trial period because outside of the trial period, coverage is no longer accepted as a reason to cancel.
Brandon Shelley

May 16, 2008, 8:58 PM
Blackberry is a great phone, I am waiting for a delivery to come - purchased blackberry from cellularfactory.com and I'll let you know how it is and everything.

Please wait another 4 days, already waited 5 days. ๐Ÿคจ
erinthetechgeek

May 30, 2008, 12:45 PM
The Nextel Blackberries are still the only Blackberries with Direct Connect, so if DC is your thing then I wouldn't recommend switching. However, there is now a DC like service on the Sprint network which is a VOIP technology called qchat which is interoperable with Nextel DC. So far no Blackberry has that, but who knows, they might come out with one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.