Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 12 replies

cliques and phones

skyway900

Oct 13, 2007, 11:46 AM
This is a guide I made for teens who want a new cellphone, and want one to suit their personality. I don't want to offend anyone, even though I have no idea what could be offensive in here.

The goths and emos-
Usually something dark colored with a camera. The dragon tattoo RAZR from t-mobile is usually the case. If you have a fat wallet, hold out for the sidekick LX. Everyone loves a sidekick.

The preps and jocks-
Anything pink for the girls, and probably blue or gray for the guys. It must be shiny. A blackberry pearl or a RAZR will do. I have seen the blue KRZR from AT&T, and many will follow with that one. If possible, stay away from the RAZR since it is so mainstream.

The nerds-
Most would expect a smartphone, Most nerds like...
(continues)
ihateeverything

Oct 13, 2007, 5:06 PM
You sure are an expert on what people under 18 with no credit and cant sign contracts should get.
skyway900

Oct 14, 2007, 10:14 PM
you do know that lots of kids pick out their own phones, right? i didnt think so...
paddyoc

Oct 17, 2007, 1:17 PM
skyway900 said:
you do know that I'm a tool, right?
realtor1

Oct 15, 2007, 9:59 AM
that has to be the most useless and WRONG information i have ever heard before...you must look at someone when you see them and say "you are a preppy girl so i am going to sale you a pink razr" you try that where im from and its a good way to have a negative customer base...glad you could share it with us though
skyway900

Oct 16, 2007, 1:25 PM
if you had actually read this, it is for people BUYING cell phones, not the people who sell them. Even if I did work at a cellular store, I wouldn't judge anyone based on how they look, and actually tell them that they look the pink RAZR type (that seems almost offensive) I agree with you, let the BUYER choose the phone themselves. I don't quite understand how you got the idea that this was a guide for salesmen to judge customers, and make suggestions based on their looks. Did you read this thing at all? or do the people who read these things have stress issues that they can let all their anger out on people who write these things. Sorry didn't mean to piss you off by writing this. If you hate your job as a cellphone salesmen, why don't you...
(continues)
ihateeverything

Oct 16, 2007, 3:19 PM
How do you like dem' apples?

Your child like antagonistic mannerisms don't convey a point. You started your rant by saying how a customer's age and what group they fit in with in high school dictate what phone they will necessarily want disregarding two important issues: youre a tool that isnt able to comprehand that no matter the age difference people want different crap - youre a tool and are not able to comprehend that its ultimately up to the parents and not everyone feels like throwing down 300 on a new iphone nor is everyone rich to do whatever they want - had you ventured into the real world outside of your parents house and perhaps got a job in the industry or became an adult you may just understand how p...
(continues)
BigShowJB

Oct 16, 2007, 8:21 PM
ihateeverything said:
How do you like dem' apples?

realtor1

Oct 16, 2007, 8:25 PM
extremely well said "ihateeverything"...it sounds to me like skyway has some issues they could probably bother dr. phil with...in no shape, form, or fashion can you even begin to assume you know what type of phone wants by the way they look, so don't even get on that subject...no, it don't offend me, but why say something so stupid...that is not the way to start a positive thread (as you can now see)...and about "dem apples"...either you're 12 or stuck in the 90's, who in the hell says that

but hey,

peace and hair grease
ajstrong

Oct 17, 2007, 2:25 PM
thanks for that last tip there, bud. too bad that in many places in the country, one or more of those carriers you suggest for different demographics don't have sufficient coverage. Ever hear of Alltell or Cellone? USCellular?

your "avoid at all costs" phones are those that smart parents get their kids until they feel they are responsible enough for real phones. I work with teens, and quite a few of my "rich family" teens in HIGH SCHOOL had tracfones, not because they were lame, but b/c their parents knew the damage that could be done to their credit if they let the kid rock it on a "cool" phone.

no wonder you posted this in the techs/trends forum; aside from your trendy nature, you have no purpose on this site. good riddance ...
(continues)
rockprc

Oct 18, 2007, 1:34 PM
I think your post is funny and interesting. Other replies are way too serious. Can't we just get along and have some fun? Life is too short to be so serious.
rockprc

Oct 18, 2007, 1:35 PM
Oops, I mean to write to skyway900.
ajstrong

Oct 18, 2007, 3:04 PM
awww, you saw my point. 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.