Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Verizon Chaperone Help please!

Peteman990

May 9, 2007, 5:40 PM
Hey, recently I have had the Verizon Chaperone service put onto my phone. I think that it is a total invasion of privacy and it really bothers me to know that my parents know my location at all times. It is totally unwarranted as to why they put that service on my phone, there was no reason as to why they would have to do that. I have not had any problems with lieing and I talk to my parents on a daily basis letting them know what's going on. I told them how I felt about it, and they insist that it stays on my phone.

Regardless, I was wondering if anyone knew a way I could bypass the chaperone service without turning off my phone or being on a phone call, apparently they cant access the GPS service when I am on a phone call. Knowing that ...
(continues)
Lapdog

May 9, 2007, 11:06 PM
Who pays the cell bill?

If your parents do, then either man up and live with it or turn in your phone and go prepaid on your own.
will.h.

May 10, 2007, 6:56 PM
LOL if you dont do anything wrong and dont lie then why do you care? Sounds a little fishy to me. I love your enthusiasm though. 😉
heyheyhey

May 10, 2007, 10:28 PM
hey dude, this is not an invasion of privacy like you're making it out to be. to me, it looks like your parents care... and they probably have better things than to spy on you 24/7. they work to pay the cell phone bills, right?

by the way, who has told you this is an invasion of privacy? because your parents are the people you can trust most in the world... unless they've done something untrustworthy- and I'm not talking about petty drama.
sangyup81

May 12, 2007, 7:56 AM
Can you turn off the GPS location service on your phone and set it to E911 only?
jennyfromtheblock

May 21, 2007, 10:40 AM
I work for Verizon and as far as I know you cannot get around the Chaperone feature I would suggest actually being where you say you're going to be 🙂
BigShowJB

Jun 7, 2007, 6:23 PM
sure you can leave the phone in your barbie pink bedroom when you sneak out, princess....

Stop whining and realize that they are not sitting by their computer or on their phone tracking your every move because they don't trust you.

It's there incase something happens and they need to know where you are. In case you haven't noticed the national news over the last twenty years, kids are getting nabbed a lot more frequently now then in the past, and that liittle chaperone servicce they overpay for makes sure that they know where they can find your phone, if not you and get a starting point as to what happened.

Let me tell ya something ya snot nosed little brat.... you and all the other whining flippin maggots of your generation better...
(continues)
kapwww

Jun 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
😁 😁 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.