Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Palm Treo 600

SammyJankis

Oct 16, 2004, 1:40 PM
i had a customer come in wanting to upgrade to that phone and he wanted to be able to use the web and email sometimes with it. my sup told him that he would need to have an unlimited data package with the phone so that he can use it because the treo periodically connects to the email server and web without the user's knowledge. he didn't really want to do that. what i want to know could he disable the device so that the phone won't be able to connect automatically or not. my sup said theres no way to disable it from automatically connecting or not?

thank you
cali0028

Oct 16, 2004, 2:49 PM
yes. on the treo the email client there is an option where you can tell it to retrive email on a certain time or day...or do it manualy. Your sup seems like he dosent know what he is talking about. trust me I work with treos anb blackberrys every day.
SammyJankis

Oct 16, 2004, 5:36 PM
so you can seit it where it does not auto connect without the customer knowing. cool thanks

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.