Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Bluetooth ignorance

justpeachy

Sep 19, 2004, 4:53 PM
I'm almost embarassed to admit this, but I really don't know much about Bluetooth, except that you can use wireless handsfree and transfer files (addresses, etc) with it. 🤭 I've also heard of the so-called "smart" homes with BT-equipped appliances, etc that can communicate with each other. But what else can BT do now? And why would I want it in my car? I figure I better learn now before we get in Bluetooth-enabled phones! Thanks in advance guys

peachy
JonnyBruha

Sep 19, 2004, 9:32 PM
If you only use the Bluetooth headset with your Bluetooth enabled phone, it's MORE than worth it.

I don't know much about what else Bluetooth does either, but don't hesitate to get the phones just because of that.
speck

Sep 20, 2004, 8:51 AM
Rich Brome

Sep 24, 2004, 2:36 PM
First, check out the Bluetooth entry in the glossary:

https://www.phonescoop.com/glossary/term.php?fid=38 »

So what else can it do?

Well, one of the main things is that it eliminates the problem of incompatible connectors. Without Bluetooth, things like data cables, car kits, and in some cases even headsets, need to be designed specifically for each phone or manufacturer. A non-Bluetooth car kit for a Motorola phone will not work with a Nokia phone, for example. But Bluetooth is an industry standard, so it's basically universal.

As for your car:

It lets you leave your phone in your pocket, and whenever you get into your car, your phone will automatically connect to the handsfree system. Then you can make and answer calls using b...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.