Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Fair and Flex is dead!!!

grapeape

Jan 11, 2007, 6:16 PM
Sprint has announced the change in plans and types that takes effect on the 14th of January. THIS IS TERRIBLE!!
monkeyracer

Jan 11, 2007, 7:21 PM
powerpack plans are already in stores and on PSA in RMS.
grapeape

Jan 11, 2007, 7:39 PM
Sorry, what is PSA? RMS? ๐Ÿคจ
monkeyracer

Jan 11, 2007, 7:50 PM
sprint corporate owned stores use these to set up accounts. If you use Fast, or something else, it's probably already in the system, Fair and Flex plans will still be there until the 14th, then they'll still be in customer cares' systems.
grapeape

Jan 11, 2007, 8:17 PM
It has been a slow process of doing away with the overage mins. and charges. Once 30 mins for 5 bucks came into play i knew something did not seem right. Grrr.... that what really set us apart from the others! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
jrfdsf

Jan 12, 2007, 6:33 PM
grapeape said:
Grrr.... that what really set us apart from the others! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Free incoming. A great plan for professional people. Only bad thing; no shared free incoming plans like F&F.
Technologic

Feb 3, 2007, 3:45 PM
Personally, what really set us apart from the others was the fair and flex plan with 200 minutes. Now that was awesome.

There was also a time when the sprint free incoming 300 was $39.99. That was equally as awesome.

Now, the only real perk that Sprint has is the fact that their nights start at Seven, and if you want them to start at six, it's a $5.00 buy up -if- you've got the Sprint Power Pack Plans.
stuie66

Feb 27, 2007, 10:59 PM
fair and flexible was not that great anyways. The rate plan sucked for the amount of minutes that they gave for the price. The idea of fair and flexible would be awesome if the amount of minutes where a bit higher. However Sprint would not make much of a profit if they did this. Cingular's rollover was always better the "fair & flexible". Also if you live in a Dobson Cellular One are they have a roaming agreement with Cingular & T Mobile and they have affordable rate plans. No probs with reception w/ Cell One! Only diss with Cell One I wouldnt recomend them if you are an early adopter and you like the latest coolest phones. Everybody hates their carriers but I always thought Sprint sucked.
ralph_on_me

Jan 11, 2007, 8:15 PM
It's actually good news for customers, but probably bad for Sprint (unless you pay for a huge overage). The F&F plans cost more per minute than any other plan, by any other carrier.

It's packaged well so you don't think about it, but if you make a pretty graph of all the carriers and use nifty colors, it's very apparent. This means less profit for Sprint, but a huge savings for their customers.
cellphonesaretools

Jan 12, 2007, 12:16 AM
Can you please show us the total math you did to show how $0.45/min for overage minutes (Verizon & Cingy) is the same as $0.16 for overage minutes (Sprint & Nextel)? They all start individual plans at $40/mo for 450 minutes, so overage was the only differentiator.

True, if you went one minute over on Sprint you'd pay $5.00, but then you would have bought a block of 30 minutes more that you could use, which effectively is $0.16/min. With Verizon or Cingy, you're paying $0.45 for every single minute of overage, and at the 30 minute mark you've shelled out $13.50.
Sprint_SAS

Jan 12, 2007, 1:05 PM
If you have a F&F and its good for you, dont worry about that, you dont need to change your F&F plan, customer service and store representatives will not change you plan if you dont want it... so if you have F&F familiar plan and you want to add another phone, you CAN ask for the representative to check if appear the F&F you have (if you have a 2005 F&F or jan 2006 or something else, forget it) they can add it to you the new line in the same F&F...

really, really, i guess that PP (Power Plans) its better... maybe you say "hey WTF?!?! i need to pay more if i exceed for my minutes" but for 5 extra dlls you can have 6pm WHO give to you 6pm for 5 dlls? and WHO include 7pm in ALL THE PLANS? no one... check it, some carriers have 9pm and end fo...
(continues)
jrfdsf

Jan 12, 2007, 6:44 PM
I'm glad you pointed those things out. Sprint actually gives you the most compared to Verizon or Cingular. Sprint only charges you five extra bucks if that amount is smaller than regular 40 cent per minute overages that apply. In other words, if you do just go over a few minutes on your bucket, it only costs 40 cents per minute, but when it hits the five dollar range, then F&F rates kick in.

That said, I think F&F would have been hands down the best plan of anybody had they went with a straight 10 cents per minute overage rate. As others have pointed out, they started messing around with it and now it's dead.
Sprint_SAS

Jan 13, 2007, 12:17 AM
Well... i need to say it again, if you have F&F right now, you dont need to change it...

Now, Sprint make that change (remove F&F and add Power Plans) because Sprint make a lot of tests and marketing work and more than the 50% of the people doesnt get F&F for the rate of 30 min for 5 dlls, they get F&F for the night and weekend, and when customer service or account services explain how works F&F bucket A LOT of people doesnt undestand that...

Remember, if you dont want a plan change sprint will NEVER remove that plan if you doesnt want it...

Cya

Sprint SAS Agnt
jrtool

Jan 13, 2007, 1:35 AM
You should know that cust so may times (95%) has no clue what benefits they had whit this F&F plans (i should say that was a great plans)
anyway, it seem that people like to pay more without complicated math in their bills.

BTW, be aware, Retention Team Agnt, you may be caught! you could get fired if someone know if you post here.
katrina

Jan 24, 2007, 3:11 PM
I, for one, am glad the F&F plans are gone. They were way too complicated... if you are going over your minutes that much just bump up your plan... I guess F&F was good for people who use 2 min one month and 500 the next and 2 the next and 2000 the next, etc but even the F&F plans had caps on the number of 30 minute increments you could buy.
Sprint_SAS

Jan 25, 2007, 3:53 PM
there is no problem, because im only saying all that anyone can know, because in a lot of places they say "hey you need to change your plan because (insert anything here)" but its not true, im only helping custs coz its my work, isn it? because i know (i helped a lot of custs with this issue) that a lot of people calls checking why they have renewed contracts if they never make plan change, and a lot of store rep (not all, only a lot of hehe) make plan changes without the concentiment of the custs... i was CAS, so that kind of issues its very, very common... so why not edu custs that they doesnt need to make plan changes? im helping custs...

Cya...

Sprint SAS Agnt..
MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 5:39 PM
omg you were CAS, lucky bastard... i'm stucking in BGN, they get so bitchy when i use Z codes....
Sprint_SAS

Jan 27, 2007, 1:17 PM
hahaahahha

i WAS CAS, now im SAS (Spanish Account Services)

more money to me... lol

Cya and good luck lol make a lot of csat! like i do... lol

Cya

Sprint SAS Agnt
jizzel

Mar 6, 2007, 4:37 PM
i work on sprint to and i am also on sas. more money to us!! i think the power plans are better this is y

you can get nights at 6 for 5 extra, it used to be 10
unlimited text for 10, it used to be 15.
unlimited nights at 6 on a family plan for 20 no matter how many lines you got.
inlimited text on a family plan for 20, no matter how many line you have.
50 add on minutes for 5 bucks were it used to be 30 min for the same price. POWER PACK ARE WAY BETTER. I HOPE THE F&f BURN IN HELL.
Technologic

Feb 3, 2007, 3:47 PM
Fair and Flex Familiar, eh?
ralph_on_me

Jan 12, 2007, 6:50 PM
ralph_on_me said:
It's actually good news for customers, but probably bad for Sprint (unless you pay for a huge overage). The F&F plans cost more per minute than any other plan, by any other carrier.

I never mentioned overage prices. Overages vary on every Cingy and Verizon plan based on the plan you have. The higher the plan, the less the overage. What I said was the F&F plans cost more per minute than any other plan, by any other carrier. Just like what I quoted above.

If you get out a piece of graph paper and plot everyone's prices, it shows you the average price per minutes. The F&F plans had the highest cost. T-mo had the lowest.
snang

Jan 12, 2007, 10:42 PM
Sprint is closing match that structure with the new plans. More minutes, less per minute in overage.

I apologize if this has been said before...

The main reason Sprint is doing it...F&F isn't a selling point. People come to Sprint because of the bundled options. No roaming, free mobile to mobile, and the 7PM night/weekends. They say 75 - 85% of their customers weren't using more minutes than their base plan allowed anyways. So it wasn't a big deal to most.

Now with the two additional buy ups available, will be hard to beat.

You can buy 6PM nights for only $5 and an additional 50 minutes for only $5. Hell of a deal if you ask me.

I think it'll be huge. I wish Sprint the best with this new venture. They deserve it.
ralph_on_me

Jan 13, 2007, 10:52 AM
That's exactly why I said this is a good thing for their customers.
cellphonesaretools

Jan 13, 2007, 9:04 AM
I have done the Excel spreadsheet, and I keep it updated. I'll agreee with you that T-Mo is cheapest per minute overall, but I can't agree that Sprint has been highest per minute; the math doesn't support that. Sprint is neck-and-neck with VZ & Cingy in regular plan minutes, less on overage, and more generous with earlier start of N&W minutes.

And if you compare plans with PTT, then Nextel's F&F plans are the best because the PTT minutes don't consume cellular anytime minutes, and you can use PTT at times to take the pressure off your anytime minutes, even if you're not a construction worker.

Partly these comparisons depend on exactly when you did the comparison, because at any given time one of the carriers has probably just changed/t...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jan 13, 2007, 10:54 AM
Not talking about a spreadsheet here, unless you convert those points into a graph. It's true that plans change over time, but I still have conviction that these new plans will save their customers money.
raycarroll70

Jan 11, 2007, 8:52 PM
If you look at the Tier 1 wireless carriers' rate plans across the board, we're all now pretty much on the same playing field in terms of price point, bucket of minutes and overage charges. Here's where Sprint differeniates itself from the rest, we offer nights and weekends starting at 7 pm for FREE. Who else can say that? Can you get nights and weekends for FREE with the other wireless carriers or buy in for them to start at 6 pm?
aaronz

Jan 22, 2007, 5:05 PM
Im glad it is gone. It was to hard to relay to customers and use it as a selling point. We went big with the nights at 7, that was a good move. With the "protection" minutes you can buy now, I believe it will make it easier on the customer and make bill reading a hell of a lot more simple.
MetroTet

Jan 25, 2007, 11:44 AM
fair and flex was horrible, i couldn't evem figure out customer bills, god!
cyberpsionic

Feb 5, 2007, 8:02 AM
Just as the LA Style song goes...so is James Brown.
chase21583

Feb 21, 2007, 6:11 PM
Fair and Flex is dead!!!

and so are 5000 employees jobs. more deaths to come soon..
torkuatin

Mar 7, 2007, 12:38 AM
FF was one of the best plans that i see , but know the power pack is good too, there onlythis thing that you cant have minutes at low prices, ,.. i remember the times that d those plans with 100 mins x 5 dlls appear in front of me ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.