Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Sanyo 9000

Sprintgrrl

Sep 15, 2005, 7:47 PM
Does anyone have any info about this phone. It is supposed to make the 5600 look like dirt.
stevelvl

Sep 15, 2005, 9:50 PM
actually it is pritty much the 5600 with evdo
CptFarlow

Oct 19, 2005, 2:41 PM
I work for Sprint. My boss is finally ordering the Sanyo 9000 tomorrow. They should be available within the next few weeks. This will probably vary greatly by store. Expect to see them on Ebay soon. Price I have heard is $379. Not bad for an EV-DO phone. Of course that won't be usable in most areas for about a year.

Either way, I'm gettin' it.
nobio0

Oct 19, 2005, 8:16 PM
What sanyo phone will have bt.
rytiffany

Oct 25, 2005, 11:26 AM
I can't believe this things was supposed to be a "5600 with EV-DO" and the EV-DO completely replaced the readylink. what the hell?
CptFarlow

Oct 26, 2005, 5:04 PM
EV-DO replaced the Ready-Link? What are you talking about? This phone has Ready-Link capability. EV-DO is just Sprint's new high-speed data transfer network.
MurdocThC

Oct 26, 2005, 8:06 PM
hahaha
rytiffany

Oct 27, 2005, 8:42 PM
I know what EV-DO is but the 9000 does not have ready-link from what I've heard, just a speaker phone. I asked one of the guys selling them on ebay if it had ready link and he told me it doesn't. If he's wrong that makes me wrong too I suppose. It won't be the first time and I'll bet it won't be the last.
the_sinai

Oct 27, 2005, 6:12 AM
I work for Sprint tech support. Got my hands on a 9000 yesterday and it is pretty much the 5600 but the menus are quite a bit different and looks like the media player is alot better. And now with the addition of some real player i believe it was looks like i will be passing my 5600 down to my wife when they are released here today.
CptFarlow

Oct 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Our order got delayed, so we would be lucky to get ours into the store tomorrow. Most likely Monday...
rytiffany

Oct 27, 2005, 8:44 PM
ok since you had one in your hand does it have ready-link or not? I've heard it doesn't and I've heard it does. If it does I might get that instead of a samsung a940 but if not I'm ruling it out. Speaking of ready-link: has anyone heard anything more about the possibility of ready-link and direct connect being able to communicate with each other or is that idea gone with the wind?
the_sinai

Oct 28, 2005, 8:57 AM
not out here yet now either. i dont remember checkin with the ready link i was only toying with the multi media and web stuff. kept watching the new download arrows but just dont remember seeing the ready link icon next to them.
CptFarlow

Oct 31, 2005, 1:27 PM
It does have Ready-Link.

And to answer your question about walkie-talkie between Sprint and Nextel. Not for a couple years. They have to make a phone that can understand CDMA and IDEN.

The networks are supposed to fully merged by 2012, 2010 at the earliest, from what I have been told.
rytiffany

Oct 31, 2005, 4:20 PM
You're right. I was full of crap. The 9000 does have ready-link. I wasn't set on it but I was misinformed. I was messing around with it this weekend a little bit and I'm not really sure which I like better between the 9000 and the 940. The 940's screen just seems like it's a little loose to begin with and over time I think it would just get worse but, then again, I've been full of crap already on this thread so I could be again.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.