Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 107 replies

Poor T-Mobile...

djhavek

Sep 7, 2005, 11:25 PM
Ok, lets see:

Theres the two giants, Verizon and Cingular...nuff said there.

Now Sprint and Nextel are teaming up and should create a pretty good single company out of what was two half decent providers...

What the hell is going on with T-Mobile in the US? They no longer have att/cingular roaming agreements...and their coverage is pretty paltry...

I wonder what the heck they are gonna do. Do they have any plans? or are they just going to continue offering you more and more minutes for those of us who are poor? hey heres 320,000 WHENEVER minutes for 39.99! Also, I'm catherine zeta jones...don't i look hot?? (sorry, had to do it).

I kinda feel bad for them, and I'm wondering what business strategies they have in mind for t...
(continues)
bigchieftoiletpaper

Sep 8, 2005, 8:14 AM
business Plan?

đŸ¤Ŗ

I guess it does not help they are German owned
rockprc

Sep 8, 2005, 9:33 AM
The fact is I am making calls everyday on T-mo plan, what does it have to do with who the parent company is? Any foreign owned company operating in US has to follow the same commerce rules and laws, you know that, right?

Would you like to know that Sony/Ericsson is a Japanese/Swedish cooperation? Nokia is a Finnish invasion? Most of Motorola phones are made in China? When you see a BT sign at a gas station, it's not Bluetooth, it stands for British Petroleum. BTW, Bluetooth is a Swedish invention by Ericsson. Boy, if you are so worried about foreign companies selling their goods in US, then you will not fond a cell phone that is US made, what you going to do about it?

We are in the global economy. Grow up! Whether you like it or ...
(continues)
bigchieftoiletpaper

Sep 8, 2005, 11:29 AM
@sswipe, all of the compaies you mentioned are CELL PHONE MAKERS. NOT CELLULAR COMPANIES
djhavek

Sep 8, 2005, 2:32 PM
grrrr tit for tat. 🙄 yea I don't see what being a german company has to do with anything...

From what i understand T-Mobile overseas is pretty good, but i don't know that for a fact. They're business itself seems to be run pretty well, the service is just lacking in the US as a whole.
boricorazon

Sep 25, 2005, 5:44 PM
I heard t-mobile was up for sale, but they deny because they don't want there U.S. image to look tarnished.
everman

Sep 25, 2005, 5:51 PM
There was a rumor that they were going to sell their U.S. market, but they have decided not to. Apparently, even though T-mobile is the smallest Tier one carrier now, it is actually the largest growing aspect of T-mobile throughout the world.
Thatguy123

Feb 25, 2006, 1:58 PM
Business srategy #1- increase coverage by over 50% in 2005 alone- accomplished! Business strategy #2- best in wireless for customer satisfaction in 2005 (not to mention the 2 years before)- accomplished! Business strategy #3- forget roaming agreements with analog-heavy Cingular in favor of roaming agreements with companies that matter in 2005- accomplished! As for coverage, T-Mobile offers a personal coverage check, so that every cusomer knows exactly what to expect from their coverage before ever even signign up. Everyone can speculate all they want, but the reality is, T-Mobile USA would (of course) not be for sale. In the next two years, a more accurate prediction would be that Verizon and T-Mobile are the 2 major carriers, the main dif...
(continues)
tifferzb2001

Mar 14, 2006, 2:42 PM
Explain to me how T-mobile is ever going to take the GSM market when they don't even own their own towers, they just purchase minutes from Cingular in bulk and resell them in a smaller coverage area.... They are only a company by name, they are just a reseller
phonehore

Mar 14, 2006, 3:22 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ I dont know where you got that bogus information, however, T-Mobile owns and operates their own towers. They do have roaming agreements with Cingular and other GSM providers in the United States. FYI T-Mobile has recently been reported as having (Owns) more of their own towers than Verizon. Tower for tower. I recently heard this information at a quartly T-mobile meeting. I didnt need to respond to your e-mail, however, some people who read these posting are un-edu-macated. đŸ¤Ŗ
tifferzb2001

Mar 19, 2006, 2:49 PM
Of course you would say that, you work for T-mobile, and yes they do OWN some of their own towers, but I'd like to see what proof you have that they own a tower in the United States.
guido1869

Apr 3, 2006, 11:35 AM
i work for a 3rd party verizon dealer but we also sell tmobile in other states, t-mobile does own there own towers and is now rated as the second largest network behind verizon
LGCIN2D

Apr 8, 2006, 9:15 AM
T- Mobile Coverage is considerably Horrible in my area by my understanding, this comes from idea that I port roughly 5 T-Moble customer per month personally, generally all with more or less coverage complaints.
AshDizzle

Apr 11, 2006, 3:44 PM
I agree with you, but that is flawed logic. Obviously the people you port are going to be the ones who have problems. You aren't going to see happy T-Mobile customers coming in to port.
kmcfarlin

Apr 20, 2006, 3:24 PM
Actually last month I've ported 13 T-Mo customers, only one was unhappy. The others liked our deals MUCH better.
vreaper

Feb 20, 2008, 5:42 PM
t-mo's business strategy in 2008

be one of the leading sponsors of the transformers sequal and thus gain market share from the segment of people that like to see machines transform into other machines

build a cell phone that transforms into a car

drop their current spokesperson and pick up shia labeouff and change their slogan to "get more... than meets the eye"

finally sell out to at&t after nearly going the way of the sprint for a lousy business strategy
colione112

Apr 9, 2006, 10:53 PM
Who cares who owns the towers? Sure all companies lease some toweres...

Lets talk about towers available for customers to use, which is all the customer cares about.
s0lrac

Apr 10, 2006, 8:48 AM
How do you know T-Mobile doesnt own their own towers??? just curious???
THE BOX

Mar 16, 2006, 6:04 PM
my friend you have lost it ! Tell me this,what other gsm carriers would tmo rather have roaming agreements with ????????????? there is only one major gsm carrier and thats cingular. I look for tmos parent company to build up a little more and then sell off to cingular
tifferzb2001

Mar 19, 2006, 2:52 PM
That's what I see happening in the future.
verizonprofes16

May 2, 2006, 2:12 PM
k you guys are nuts, there is no way that t-mobile will be able to build their company up and then sell it, talk about a monopoly... t-mobile is second to last in customers with 20+ mil. and cingular (being the largest) has what alomst 60 mil.. together that would give them a huge monopoly.. something congress would never let happen... plust tmob is going down hill if anything
evilbstrd666

Mar 19, 2006, 4:47 PM
And the poor coverage area hasn't done that already?
govan275

Oct 21, 2005, 11:35 AM
I have been with T-Mobile for two years. I have had excellent customer service. I have been with Sprint and Verizon before. They all have good equipment, so for me I hope T-Mobile sticks around in the U.S. market. đŸ˜ŗ
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 9:19 AM
What do you people want? Oh i get it, a fantasy, service that works on every inch of the plant? Guess you ought to get a Satellite phone, cuz land based celluar systems arent going to cut it. Service with any service provider at this point is great, unless your Jack in Jill up in the freaking hills, who dont purchase celluar at a profitable rate anywaz. Why does it suck when you phone doesn't work (out of service area) for about 20-30 mintues? Are you serious!! Get real, most major highways, byways, metro, and major cities are covered. Who cares about your camping trip, or cross country adventure where your phone service didnt reach. If it works 90% of the time you are getting great service. I'm sure you wouldn't want to pay and extra $50...
(continues)
tifferzb2001

Mar 19, 2006, 2:56 PM
And what if a customer has an accident while camping or out on the road and a suburban area. Most of the time the people that NEED a cell phone want it for safety reasons, and if you do indeed work for t-mobile, i hope that your realize that people look at your resposes as a direct example of your company!
TheMarshMaster

Apr 8, 2006, 2:12 PM
well actually every cell phone has a function that will allow you to make emergency phone calls from your phone regardless of where you are.... 😁
fc2462

Apr 9, 2006, 7:12 PM
Its called HAM radio. Its what we used before cell phones. ;)
jerry 12

Apr 9, 2006, 8:35 PM
TheMarshMaster said:
well actually every cell phone has a function that will allow you to make emergency phone calls from your phone regardless of where you are.... 😁

do you care to explain how all cell phones can do that? the carrier's don't have every inch of earth covered. 😕
TheMarshMaster

Apr 10, 2006, 2:12 PM
if you are making an emergency call your cell phone will use any available tower not dependant on your carrier, that's what your good old 911 tax is on your bill...The More You Know..... 😎
jerry 12

Apr 10, 2006, 7:56 PM
TheMarshMaster said:
if you are making an emergency call your cell phone will use any available tower not dependant on your carrier, that's what your good old 911 tax is on your bill...The More You Know..... 😎

lets try this again you said that a cell phone could make a 911 call from any where 😁 how can it do this out in a rual area with no cell towers around from any carrier ? 😁 you did say any where 😁 are you talking about satellite phones if so you did not say so? 😁
TheMarshMaster

Apr 11, 2006, 1:48 PM
no cell phones aren't available anywhere, they aren't satellite phones, though technically they do have gps systems in them, but my point was this: having T-mobile will not be any worse than having any other provider in any emergency 911 situation.
s0lrac

May 1, 2006, 11:59 AM
You know nothing about T-Mobile!!!
-_-

Apr 11, 2006, 4:02 PM
About T-Mobile coverage. There is no need to have the entire USA covered with cell towers. The fact of the matter is that T-Mobile gives coverage where it COUNTS. The coverage is biased in the context of population in a location.
phonecellar

Feb 20, 2008, 3:57 PM
How can you say that T-Mobile gives coverage where it counts?? T-Mobile coverage is sh!tty! I had problems getting service in areas where they CLAIM to have coverage. AT&T has far better coverage.
danclang

Nov 17, 2005, 6:23 PM
bigchieftoiletpaper said:
@sswipe, all of the compaies you mentioned are CELL PHONE MAKERS. NOT CELLULAR COMPANIES

BTW Verizon Wireless is a partially owned by VODAFONE.
trevor83

Nov 15, 2005, 12:55 PM
rockprc said:
When you see a BT sign at a gas station, it's not Bluetooth, it stands for British Petroleum. BTW, Bluetooth is a Swedish invention by Ericsson. Boy, if you are so worried about foreign companies selling their goods in US, then you will not fond a cell phone that is US made, what you going to do about it?

We are in the global economy. Grow up! Whether you like it or not

You do realize its hard to take you seriously when you can't spell. BT is not British Petroleum, BP is.
LGCIN2D

Apr 8, 2006, 9:03 AM
LG = Korea
SForsyth01

Sep 22, 2005, 9:48 AM
business Plan?

đŸ¤Ŗ

Hey, Jerk....I have done business with MANY German corporations, and I have news for you. They are more organized and more strategically inclined than ANY American organization you could think of.

German companies are simply amazing.
stevelvl

Sep 22, 2005, 9:42 PM
SForsyth01 said:
business Plan?

đŸ¤Ŗ

Hey, Jerk....I have done business with MANY German corporations, and I have news for you. They are more organized and more strategically inclined than ANY American organization you could think of.

German companies are simply amazing.

SForsyth01 said:
business Plan?

đŸ¤Ŗ

Hey, Jerk....I have done business with MANY German corporations, and I have news for you. They are more organized and more strategically incline
(continues)
bm2k_83

Nov 13, 2005, 6:56 PM
you know i believe t-mobile usa is a great company, but if you are looking at german industry from an economic stand point then you should note that the Germany has one of the highest unemployment rate for a industrialized country.
dca

Nov 14, 2005, 12:07 PM
...should've left the wall up then...
BrokenCellPhone

Apr 29, 2006, 5:47 PM
that is their business plan, to be the largest international carrier, which they are.

for people willing to think that the universe is bigger than simply the USA, this makes sense.
rockprc

Sep 8, 2005, 9:55 AM
For you, a Cingular employee, to rant about "poor T-Mobile" in a public forum, really does not carry much weight at all. Are you actually feeling the heat from T-Mobile? How is your appetite lately? Do you sleep well last night? having headace lately? Feeling tingling sensation in your hands? Heart racing? Chest pain? Please consult your company doctor, and make sure he did not get his medical training in Germany. 😁
Me? I am just a happy T-mobile customer making calls everyday. T-Mobile is doing fine with or without Cingular. Thanks a million!
bigchieftoiletpaper

Sep 8, 2005, 11:31 AM
oh, im not a Cingular employee, what giave you that impression???
rockprc

Sep 8, 2005, 12:26 PM
The post you replied to is for djhavek.
djhavek

Sep 8, 2005, 2:36 PM
for one, I've never had a "headace", and I'm not sure what it is.

Second, I'm sorry that a comment wondering what T-Mobile's business plans are for the near future somehow activated your inferiority complex for choosing T-Mobile, but it was not a personal attack.

Sure I like to joke and kid around, but I am seriously wondering what they have up their sleeve. Also, I'm glad you can make calls from where you are, however that says nothing about their coverage in the US as a whole. It means they atleast have decent coverage where you are. And if they didn't, you would be stupid to use them in the first place, wouldn't you?

Lastly...feeling the heat from T-Mobile? thank you...I needed that laugh. See? you can make jokes too! ...
(continues)
jonazen

Oct 18, 2005, 9:10 AM
This kind of topic has been replayed SO many times in SO many forums. I hadn't bothered myself wondering about the differences in carriers in a couple of years. But I always go back and redo the research on them when my contract is up for renewal, and I just went through that exercise again.

We (my company) had been with AT&T, Cellular One and Bell Atlantic Mobile (pre-Verizon days), generally having an awful experience with each of them, before we switched over to Voicestream. The improvement in customer service was dramatic by contrast to the others, and the number of delayed voice-mail notifications and "all circuits busy" issues dropped from annoying to virtually non-existent too when we made the switch.

So, when it was time to ren...
(continues)
motomuffy

Sep 8, 2005, 2:53 PM
Wow, I created a screen name just so I could reply to you, you should feel special.

In response to what you said to djhavek....

HE NEVER BASHED T-MOBILE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM (other than a couple joking comments). You need to read a little harder before going off in an angry tangent and looking like a dumb ass.

I myself have wondered the same thing about T-Mobile. Each merger that has taken place lately has been one company that is already larger than T-Mobile (US division that is) merging with another company larger than T-Mobile. His question was extremely relevant.

I'll also leave with this little advice since I am kinda fired up now... go compare T-Mobile's coverage map to any of the big dogs and you will see which on...
(continues)
mrdeth

Sep 21, 2005, 8:30 PM
I have had TMOBILE for 2 yrs and absolutely love their coverage, phone selection and especially their customer service...so speak for yourself motoslutty
jonazen

Oct 18, 2005, 9:29 AM
The coverage maps between T-Mobile and Cingular are a bit misleading. Cingular's printed coverage map includes areas with planned coverage in the near future, so it overstates their coverage a bit.

T-Mobile's current maps are a bit outdated, and only show their native 1900 MHz coverage, and do NOT reflect the expanded coverage that comes with their new roaming agreements. The new agreements are 90% activated now, and the rest should be in place most likely by year end. The result is that they've added about 40% beyond the coverage you see on the printed map. There are a few discussion threads on this over at HoFo, including some in which the maps can be seen - with and without the roaming agreements added in as overlays.

So in truth, i...
(continues)
colione112

Sep 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
Personally, I think T-moble is going to sell out to a regional carrier that wants their coverage and or spectrum.. maybe suncom?? or cell one?? suncom makes the most sense to me since they are growing quickly.. opinions??
motomuffy

Sep 9, 2005, 8:15 AM
Cell One seems to be downsizing gradually so I don't think they will sell to them.

Alltel is growing pretty rapidly too, they would be a good choice if they decide they want to jump on the bandwagon and add GSM phones to their lineup.
everman

Sep 9, 2005, 2:26 PM
alltel could put gsm phones out now if they wanted because they have gsm towers.
beastfromthemiddleeast

Sep 9, 2005, 3:26 PM
MY BUTt THEIR SERVICE IS junk anyways
everman

Sep 10, 2005, 4:06 PM
bump
janze4

Dec 14, 2005, 7:49 AM
Alltel is CDMA not GSM
dave73

Dec 19, 2005, 12:07 AM
Alltel has bought some TDMA/GSM carriers, and some towers are still on both digital standards, and the customers that still use those towers are mainly those who haven't upgraded their phones and plans, and a few still on contract with GSM service. Once a customer upgrades, then they switch to CDMA service. Alltel hasn't spent enough money to convert all the towers to CDMA yet. The AT&T customers that Alltel acquired in divested markets will eventually have to switch to CDMA phones if they want to stay with Alltel. Otherwise they'll have to change carriers to get GSM service. If Alltel can come up with the money, they'll try to buy T-Mobile, though select markets would have to be divested, but not many as Alltel & T-Mobile don't compete...
(continues)
kmcfarlin

Apr 20, 2006, 3:41 PM
Alltel will not have GSM phones, if they did... Those GSM phones would not work in their primarily CDMA coverage area.
s0lrac

Apr 20, 2006, 3:48 PM
I dont think its likely that Alltel would buy T-Mobile... I think its more likely that T-Mobile buys Alltel... T-Mobile is a big boy... Alltel is still a kid....
terryjohnson16

Apr 21, 2006, 9:02 PM
LOL.
beegbob

Sep 21, 2005, 6:01 PM
If Verizon had Cingular's music and TMobile's women, it would be hard to beat . . .
CDMAAOK

Sep 22, 2005, 2:30 AM
beegbob said:
If Verizon had Cingular's music and TMobile's women, it would be hard to beat . . .

LMAO. VZW Rules, they're the new enforcers. 😎
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 10:08 AM
Verizon is easy to beat, they are way over priced homie! here's the thing, yea they got EVdo Tv and stuff like that, but most people want the cool stuff, but dont want to pay for it! Just cuz, they got the stuff, dnt mean it works likes it suppose to(speed). and besides i want more mintues for the less money and i want a phone thats going to work in 90% of the areas i'm in and that's T-mobile. So you keep on spending ridiculess amounts of money on crappy plans, and service in places you never visit (po dunk backwoods). and i will get more and pay less, and get a great discount on a new phone every year, why you wait two years sucker đŸ¤Ŗ
AshDizzle

Apr 11, 2006, 3:47 PM
Your points seem valid. But most people are willing to pay more for their plans to get coverage in 99.9% of the areas, like I am.

T-Mobile USA is getting awfully reminiscent of the late ATTWS... and there's a big Orange giant waiting...
MIKE3222

Oct 15, 2005, 5:09 PM
my guess is they will continue to slash prices to entice new customers, systematically making it stupid to buy a higher rate plan. they'll continue to get so little out of their customers they won't be able to build their network more. eventually they'll either die a slow painful death or get bought out. actually, it might not be a slow death. if you sell on price, then that's all you have to offer.
lefteyeiu2006

Oct 15, 2005, 8:12 PM
I was at a Cingular store for an interview because I wanted to work for them and I witnessed the sales reps giving very poor customer service and the customer cancled the order and said they were going with T-Mobile because their reps are nicer. So unless Cingular gets their act together and starts being nicer to people, T-Mobile will continue to take in Cingular customers.
Pink Lady

Nov 17, 2005, 5:15 PM
T-Mobile, rated #1 in customer service 2 years in a row by JD Power! Also, rated #1 in call quality. In some cases, they emphasize that more than the very competitive rate plans. International roaming, lower activation, only 1 year contracts, etc... are all good selling points as well.
MIKE3222

Nov 17, 2005, 5:36 PM
you brought this dead thread back from the graveyard? how far did you dig to come to the defense of t-mobile?
lefteyeiu2006

Nov 17, 2005, 6:30 PM
They weren't defending T-Mobile, they were adding a comment to what I already said. At least read the post they were responding to, before attacking them, you troll!
MIKE3222

Dec 4, 2005, 2:54 PM
troll? i was commenting on her posting a reply to comment made over a month ago. most people would just let those threads die.
Pink Lady

Nov 18, 2005, 9:30 AM
I read threads at least once a week, and only comment about 4 times a month. This would also be the first time that I entered the "rumor mill" link. If this thread was so dead, why did you feel the need to comment in it? 😉
As far as digging, a subscription to RCR Wireless News keeps me informed. 😁
southjersey636

Dec 3, 2005, 11:11 PM
I originally had Nextel for years but switched due to wanting better phone choices so I decided to go with Tmobile since my GF at the time had it, I have to say it was the worst mistake I ever made. I never delt with a phone service that has choppy calls EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE. I finally got so tired of them I switched to Sprint after my friend told me they were good and I cant say anything bad about Sprint as I get clear calls. Dont get me wrong Im not like some people that think cell phone service has to be clear 100% time as I know there are many factors that can cause unclear calls but Tmobile was way too much to even consider alot of factors lol.
dave73

Dec 19, 2005, 12:13 AM
T-Mobile doesn't do a good job covering Chicago, plus they have lots of overloaded circuits that people can't get calls to go through. In August, T-Mobile had a network outage in the Chicago market because demand overloaded the circuits. It's been fixed since then, but T-Mobile doesn't do a good job keeping up with demand, plus they try not to cover rural areas as much as possible. Not a lot of money to be made covering rural areas. They only like covering interstates in rural areas.
phonehore

Dec 19, 2005, 9:08 PM
So what! every wireless company has bad spots, they all try to be the best, however, subscriber growth, terrain, and building structure all affect the strengh of a singal.How do you know your phone doesn't suck, and futher more, most national companies dont want to cover rural areas, cuz jack and jill in the freaking hills arent buying celluar service, hence,not very profiable! Most consumers travel by plain these days, in which they fly their happy asses to major cities, like chicago were i have been, and my T-mobile phone worked fine. Maybe you should check your phone homie, look's like it sucks, and the skuttle butt your putting out is bogus. If you cant get reception get a nokia!
dave73

Dec 26, 2005, 10:51 PM
I'm glad I didn't get T-Mobile. I like the plans, but not their network. And good for you that T-Mobile works for you. For the few people I meet from time to time that have T-Mobile, few actually like the service. Most complain about static to a tower having overloaded circuits, and with their coverage rather spotty, dropped calls too. T-Mobile had an opportunity to bid on AT&T, but they turned it down, and it resulted in Cingular getting bigger, along with Alltel getting a good chunk of the divested GSM network, and what Alltel got will eventually be converted to CDMA. BTW, I have VZW. I had a Motorola, and upgraded to Samsung. My Samsung works a lot better than the Moto. My co-worker has Samsung on T-Mobile and only works great wh...
(continues)
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 9:57 AM
This is the crap I'm talking about! What phone did you purchase with T-mobile, cuz if the service sucked that bad, your girlfriend would have complained all the time, and you would have known from calling her on your nextel! So get it together homie your phone that T-mobile did not make sucked! but i guess it was all T-mobile's fault, and then you went and got Sprint and claim your calls are clear, yep a new phone always does the trick! Well lets see how you like Sprint when your phone craps out on you and your in a 2 year contract, and the only way to get another crappy phones is to renew you contract for 2 years. Pay more, get less, cuz your phone sucked! Get a Nokia,
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 4, 2005, 2:24 PM
We no longer have cingular roaming agreements? ☚ī¸ Crap.
yourtmobilerep

Dec 9, 2005, 2:19 AM
T-Mobile still has roaming agreements with Cingular. It's mostly on the 850 frequency. I know, I know...the Cingular lovers will say something like "that shows you Cingular is better, because T-Mobile uses their towers in a lot of places" Well, what it comes down to is that customers don't give a darn who's tower they are using as long as they have service. With T-Mobile's customer service, 1 year contracts, and rate plans that no one can touch, I think unless you just live out in a very rural area, you'd be dumb not to switch to T-Mobile. People that go with a cell company because of their phone selection are crazy...who cares if you have the coolest phone if you cannot make a call because "All circuits are busy"
southjersey636

Dec 10, 2005, 5:45 PM
Im glad I got rid of Tmobile simple as that, I had 2 different phones to see if that was the problem with service and no matter what it showed full strength or not, the calls were always choppy and cut out alot. I can call some of my friends on there service providers and the only person I get choppy-****ty phone quality calls from are my gf on Tmobile, she can even be half mile from a tower or less and still get it and she has used many different phones with Tmobile and to top it off, I dont even live in bad coverage areas, I live down near Atlantic City, NJ which is like living in Philadelphia-NY coverage wise.
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 9:04 AM
😛 Your phone probably sucked. Its usually the phone if you live in a great area(major cities, or metro)! Your new phone probably works well, lets see how well its works in six months, cuz that's when they usually start sucking, unless its a Nokia then you might get a year or two or three in general. but that all depends on how you treat your phone? You probably drop it, expose it to extreme temperatures (hot/cold), yet its suppose to work great all the time, hell pc's sit in stationary positions most their lives and dont act right( less you have a mac)! But its always the Carriers fault when Celluar manufacturers make crappy phones right! đŸ˜ĸ
tifferzb2001

Mar 19, 2006, 3:15 PM
Part of the reason why the phone says circuits are all busy is because you may be in a highly populated area with a dual band phone. If you get a tri-band or quad-band phone, not only does that give you international capability, it will also cut down on failing calls.
sowhatsowhat10

Mar 19, 2006, 4:07 PM
not necessarily motorola's are heavily known for this and 90% of them are quad band. what does having two extra bands that we don't use for cellular here have ANYthing to do with "all circuts busy" signals being cut down?....nothing.
tifferzb2001

Apr 2, 2006, 12:12 PM
Yes it does, bandwith on a phone isn't just for international capability. In areas with large populations they have towers with more than just the two U.S. bandwiths.
sowhatsowhat10

Apr 3, 2006, 6:17 PM
😕 NO THEY DON'T! 😡

the US bands are 850/1900. yea the may tune a tower or two for 1950 or 830 but their is no way possible a quad band phone is better than a 850/1900 dual band phone in the US.
phonehore

Dec 19, 2005, 9:25 PM
Man you cant be serious, its not the size of the beast, its the motion in te ocean. T-mobile is every where that matters, they are in every one of the top 100 markets, their plans are cheaper, and if saving money on your wireless bill makes you poor, well guess i'm poor. Bogus, lies! cingular does have roaming agreements wth T-mobile, and Vs Versea, along with other small GSM companies in the US. I think T-mobile's JD Power and Associates awards says it pretty clear T-mobile is a value company, get more of what you want "mintues" for less money, yea they arent inventing anything new, they only pioneered GSM in the US, No they dont have TV or high data speeds(umts,Xcdam), but they do have better plans, more mintues, less money, a great comme...
(continues)
tifferzb2001

Mar 19, 2006, 3:02 PM
I also think your mistaken about pioneering GSM in this country I belive that was AT&T wireless!
sowhatsowhat10

Apr 5, 2006, 1:12 PM
your dumb 😡 stop posting. t-mobile did pioneer GSM in the states. you and your idiotic post are killing me. sit down and learn something before you share dumb insight đŸ‘ŋ
s0lrac

Apr 5, 2006, 1:18 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
agenthibby

Apr 14, 2006, 11:54 AM
Actually
Sprint in 1995 was the pioneer for GSM on PCS

I think AT&T Wireless was the 1st with GSM for Cellular in 2002

😉
sowhatsowhat10

Apr 29, 2006, 1:44 PM
can you provide a link with proof?

i almost sure t-mobile was the first company with GSM in the states. they too use the pcs band
JohnnyRocket

Dec 23, 2005, 10:05 PM
Isn't the latest rumor that they're upgrading to a 3G-only network?
tmo briggs

Dec 24, 2005, 9:45 AM
T-Mobile really hasn't lost any ground off of any of these carriers. Cingular is having nightmares with their network. Sprint Nextel doesn't even have a phone that uses both networks and won't have one till Spring 06. T-Mobile and Cingular Roaming agreements still exist, haven't seen them drop off the map yet and with added 850 Mhz roaming looks like coverage is getting better. T-Mobile will still continue to grow, and with more backing from DT in 06 look for big things to happen.
ErikaMarie

Feb 28, 2006, 5:02 PM
My boyf has T-Mobile & gets great reception pretty much everywhere.

I actually wouldn't mind T-mobile buying out CellularONE... They're a great company... they just need to grow so they can compete more w/ the power houses.
lefteyeiu2006

Mar 14, 2006, 8:56 AM
T-Mobile won't buy out any more carriers until probably 2007.
nextel18

Mar 14, 2006, 10:21 AM
well first first and formost they have to address their concerns with spectrum (3g) and their network (towers).

1. buy a lot of spectrum in the 3g auction.
2. increase their footprint
3. buy out another provider (such as alltel or others)

2007? perhaps, but i think they should do it earlier, or perhaps when alltel spins off its local.
stevelvl

Mar 15, 2006, 7:11 PM
why would t-mob buy altel? last i knew they were selling off what little gsm they had and going all cdma.
nextel18

Mar 16, 2006, 9:03 AM
to grow their footprint.. as i said it doesnt make a differnce with technology differences.. they could always do a gsm/cdma type device.
AshDizzle

Apr 11, 2006, 3:52 PM
I think it makes a much bigger difference then you might imagine. Has Sprint/Nextel even come out with an iDen/CDMA device yet?

I think dual technology mergers are a bad idea. If you had a GSM/CDMA device, no matter how cool it would be, you would have to drop the call in order to do a tower handoff between techs. And dropped calls are the kryptonite to carriers. It's not something that would be in T-mobile's best interest.
nextel18

Apr 13, 2006, 1:04 PM
sprint will have the device in october of this year...

many carriers out there have gsm/cdma phones and i dont see any problems with it.. (i have no problem)
AshDizzle

May 1, 2006, 1:16 PM
Dude, I know of 1 phone off hand (Moto A840) that has GSM/CDMA, and that's just for international roaming. How many freaking people use GSM/CDMA devices in the US? And the A840 doesn't even have domestic GSM, so you can't say it works fine. I know Sprint has one too, but it's the same story with that one.

Cingular GAIT was a nightmare, it would be the same story with GSM/CDMA.

I saw Sprints new CDMA/iDen phones, and they do look really cool actually, especially the i530-esque one. We'll just have to see if they work nicely.
tmob_13

May 1, 2006, 10:02 PM
Hey,

Looking at the 2005 reports, Tmobile was the lowest drop call carrier in the U.S and opened more new sites than any other company. J.D. power award for best customer satisfaction for 2003, 2004, and 2005. Yes its owned by Germans so is half of U.S... Coverage has gone a lot better since last year and is improving, check out the Personal coverage check at t-mobile.com.
bsb4303

Jan 3, 2008, 4:54 PM
LOL đŸ¤Ŗ , you've gotten a lot of response on this one. I see a rep that needs to look at market data versus your corporate hype and advertisements. Have you looked at AT&T on consumer reports? SPRINT is making you guys look like a joke. Cingular/ATT can pay for all the studies they like so they can make various claims but your customers poor review speak louder than those on your payroll.

T-Mobile isn't being bought out. There is a market testing a new Authorized Dealer program where the market and all of its resources have been handed over to an Authorized Dealer. There is specualtion on the exact motivation for such a test is going on, only thing official said is "to allow more growth opportunities in smaller markets". T-Mobile is s...
(continues)
GTAexpert

Feb 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
And my fav fives isn't a gimmick? 😎
BigShowJB

Feb 20, 2008, 1:21 PM
isn't a Necropost ???? đŸ˜ŗ
Jayshmay

Mar 5, 2008, 1:41 PM
What the heck is a "necropost"???
BigShowJB

Mar 5, 2008, 1:53 PM
from the greek necros meaning "dead" ...
revivivng a long dead postto the ire of all the forum users
Jayshmay

Mar 5, 2008, 2:00 PM
Oh.
Well thanks for getting back to me.
jrb91

Feb 26, 2008, 2:38 PM
I can not understand stupid people. T-Mobile has there own towers. The used to be a company called Voicestream the had Jamie lee Curtis as the spokesperson. The was way over paid for buy T_mobile. They have there own towers but that million plus carolina company. there only areas they do not have there own towers is roughly rural areas in the Midwest where they have 850 roaming.
For the retard that thinks its important to make calls in the middle of nowhere has no clue about FCC regs. If there was an emergency IE calling 911 it will pick up any GSM signal , if you had CDMA it would likewise. Meaning the calls you couldn't make were not life or death.
Verizon is largely owned by owned by a European company.
How hard is it to go on t-Mobi...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.