Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Phone stoop(id).com

CLogik

Sep 1, 2005, 2:40 AM
This site is a mess of idiots blabing thier mouths about a bunch of he said she said crap and since this is my first time on this site i would like to thank all of you idiots that write this crap and make your networks smell even more crappy than they are. You all leak info that should be kept to your selves and talk trash when the real truth is Cingular and Verizon are both former bell companies running americans into the ground by raising prices and lowering standards. Look at the past in wireless and the future is the same revolving door the same customer you hooked up today is going to the competitor the minute thier contract is up and then we will raise prices again and get more money when they come back and it happens again and again. ...
(continues)
jerrydock

Sep 1, 2005, 8:29 AM
If you do not want to play the game; just stop using cellular service.

I got my first cell phone in 1989. It cost me over $1700 and had to be mounted in the console of my truck. If I was nto in the truck to answer it, my horn would give short beeps. What a great idea. And oh yeah...my minutes were close to $1.00 and anytime I traveled outside of my area I had to dial #54 and give my credit card to make a call.

My wife and I now have 5 lines with SunCom on the unlimited calling plan. Cost of service? 69 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = $149. We added the preferred roam rate (3.00)so we pay no roaming or long distance charges anywhere in the 52 states...yes SunCom has Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Total cost per phone = $ 30.40. In a...
(continues)
dca

Sep 8, 2005, 12:05 PM
Damn, no iDEN repeaters on-board? Why the hell aren't I notified about these things!
colione112

Sep 8, 2005, 11:58 PM
52 states?? i'm assuming your referring to puerto rico and the US virgin islands??
jerrydock

Sep 9, 2005, 11:25 AM
Bingo...you solved the puzzle...that is indeed the 52 "states"
colione112

Sep 9, 2005, 9:06 PM
haha P.R. should be a state, then they can start to pay taxes instead of just getting money from the gov...
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 1, 2005, 12:27 PM
amen.
BlueHFX

Sep 1, 2005, 1:47 PM
Hmm isn't these companies in America I thought America was about CAPITALISM! America has some of the lowest wireless rates in the world in Europe they pay a hell of a lot more more for their wireless service. These companies do no create service as a charity they are created to make money since they invested billions of dollars and despite what many people think wireless phones are a convenience not a necessity of life. We survived in the past without wireless phones. Thus because of the billions in investment and the very nature that wireless phones are a luxury they have every right to make any money they can. but as stated rates were a hell of a lot higher 15 years ago.
lorna

Sep 8, 2005, 12:35 PM
A lot of people forget that America follows a capitalistic economic system, and that capitalism is what allows the ambitious to rise as far as they are capable of rising, without imposed limits by people who would decide how much profit any personor company should make.

We live in a free market enterprise where costs are decided in the marketplace. If people can afford X, they will buy it. If X it priced out of their reach, they won't buy it. If Product X consequently loses money and business, the owner then realizes that he ought to lower the prices. If Product X sells, the owner can either keep the price where it is or raise it.... until it reaches that point in which fewer people buy it.

The power of the customer is the boycott.
(continues)
colione112

Sep 9, 2005, 12:00 AM
true basic rates are higher... but you get more minutes (minutes actually included in the plan) and no roaming... not to mention coverage..

you really can't compare 15 years ago to today equally...
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 10, 2005, 10:50 AM
best troll ever.
alejandro

Sep 10, 2005, 12:37 PM
How are you going to say "amen" in one post and then a couple days later post "worst troll ever" you didnt notice that person was registered the day of the post with no others?
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 10, 2005, 2:31 PM
reread the post.
alejandro

Sep 10, 2005, 2:58 PM
my bad, im just used to you saying worst troll ever.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.