Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Moto v710

jea114

Apr 21, 2004, 7:46 PM
Does anyone have an approximate release date for the Motorola v710. I'm a Verizon customer and I've been anxiously awaiting this phone for quite some time now.

-thanks
VZW Tech2

Apr 22, 2004, 5:32 PM
If it has the same charging port as the other V-series do, stay away or prepare to pay for the extended warranty which is only $1.99. Ask anyone who has had a MOTO past the Startac about their experience in battey charging.
muchdrama

Apr 22, 2004, 9:09 PM
VZW Tech2 said:
If it has the same charging port as the other V-series do, stay away or prepare to pay for the extended warranty which is only $1.99. Ask anyone who has had a MOTO past the Startac about their experience in battey charging.

Tsk. You'd think they'd fix this problem after so many damn problems with it, yes? I'm very, VERY wary of this phone.
skaras

Apr 23, 2004, 7:43 AM
According to Mot, the 810 due the 25th of this month and the 710 may 21.
WaltA

Apr 27, 2004, 8:38 AM
skaras said:
According to Mot, the 810 due the 25th of this month and the 710 may 21.

Well, obviously, the 25th has come and gone. No new Mot phones at Verizon. ☚ī¸

The only possibility of a date, is the date of July 10th. That is the last day of their free BT accessories offer to the first 710 buyers of the v710 phone who register their phone.

Of course, I would guess that only one day would be needed to sell the first 710 phones. So, it could be that July 10th is the release date of the v710 too.

IMHO, Mot is "stuck" with meeting their July 10th date since otherwise, they might be guilty of promoting an offer for which no one is eligible (fraud? deceptive advertising?).
jino74

Apr 27, 2004, 10:00 AM
Watch them release a buggy phone that locks up, lets dust particles into the LCD screen, ringtones that wont stop playing while you browse the ringtones until you reset the phone, flimsy plastic cases that feel like cracker-jack box toy... just like my T720... Moto is going to need a miracle with product engineeing/development/QA for me to buy a Moto ever again. đŸ‘ŋ
WaltA

Apr 27, 2004, 10:24 AM
I am hopeful that since this is the v710 and not the t710, that the case quality and feel will be better.

Right now, it seems that the problems with the v710 are mostly a power-play between Mot and VZW on just how crippled the BT will be. I am hopeful that Mot will win. 🙂
xaosengine

May 21, 2004, 10:49 PM
I tried the 710 the other day when a motorola rep came to my work. The 710 is nice, better menus and better feel all around then their previous phones, and it has a nice large screen too. I think Im going to get one myself.
The Alchemist

May 21, 2004, 11:01 PM
I'm sure they'll test diligently and efficiently just to win you back. 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.