Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Verizon Razr coming out??

anishj

Jul 31, 2005, 11:04 PM
When do they expect to release a Razr for VZW? I saw the one from Korea, who wants to pay $1,100 for a phone!!
colione112

Aug 2, 2005, 12:51 AM
from what i understand, the v1150 will be released in both gsm and cdma (but it's just a rumor) who knows if its true....
Rich Brome

Aug 2, 2005, 12:05 PM
By the end of this year. It's pretty similar to the Korean version, but supporting both US bands, and adding Bluetooth.
lorna

Aug 2, 2005, 12:34 PM
But if VZW adds BlueTooth, will they be able to disable the BT part so that customers cannot upload photo and music files from the phone to their computers?
-Lorna
Rich Brome

Aug 2, 2005, 1:38 PM
Verizon is Motorola's customer. Motorola will build it however Verizon wants it, so most likely, yes.
lorna

Aug 2, 2005, 4:04 PM
Rich Brome said:
Verizon is Motorola's customer. Motorola will build it however Verizon wants it, so most likely, yes.

.......... Lorna says ............................................. ...
So it is only an adjustment in the definition of "disabling", then. VZW tells Motorola which of its phone features to shut down, and then VZW receives those (disabled) phones straight from the factory.

To me that is disabling, just at an earlier point in the life of the phone.

-Lorna
Rich Brome

Aug 2, 2005, 4:30 PM
It can happen at pretty much any point in the cycle. In a case like the V710 or E815, it was truly disabled. In a case like the LG VX-8100, that phone was custom-built for Verizon, so I doubt there was ever a version that supported OBEX, for example. LG simply never developed the software or hardware to support it, because Verizon said from the get-go that they didn't want it.

It does take extra effort to support the full suite of Bluetooth profiles. BlackBerrys are a great example. RIM has simply never developed hardware or software to support profiles like OBEX, so it's not a case of disabling, that no BlackBerrys support those profiles.
lorna

Aug 2, 2005, 5:20 PM
I am going to presume that Cingular supports BlueTooth the most and hope for the best! -Lorna
Badibada

Aug 2, 2005, 7:34 PM
this is weird y r they adding bluetooth if u cant even use and neways isnt this phone gonna be an ev-do phone and only verizon has ev-do right now..........oh is the bluetooth only for headsets......
Rich Brome

Aug 2, 2005, 8:22 PM
Like all other Verizon Bluetooth phones, you'll be able to use it for the headset and handsfree profiles.

I don't think it will be EV-DO - the Korean version is not.
Badibada

Aug 2, 2005, 9:09 PM
ya but the one i saw for 1,100 bucks online had ev-do writen on the box.
runtfish

Aug 2, 2005, 9:49 PM
Is there an actual date for the Razr to launch at Verizon? Also, does anyone know how to use a Bluetooth phone to go online on a Mac powerbook?
Rich Brome

Aug 2, 2005, 9:51 PM
Hmm - you may be right. Forget what I said before. I'm honestly not sure if the US version will be EV-DO - it might.
wwhizzard

Aug 3, 2005, 12:21 PM
All of Verizons phones that are "bluetooth capable" are for headsets only.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.