Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 96 replies

Ambiguity of Verizon's Treo650 Release Date Deemed Unacceptable - May Trigger Boycott

Disgruntled CEO

May 12, 2005, 5:44 AM
I am the Chairman and CEO of a major US corporation and have directed my VP of Operations to post this message in every venue that might gain the attention of any Verizon executive. After thorough study and research, including that of other reputable firms such as Consumer Reports, my experts selected Verizon as our company’s carrier, primarily because of their superior customer service and quality of coverage (fewest service holes, dropped calls, ect.). Based on an internal company survey, my direction to my procurement division was to choose a handheld phone device that most closely replicated the functionality of their desktop PCs (communicate via e-mail with attachments like Word, Excel, Adobe, Power Point, etc), so that the transitio...
(continues)
phipsi95

May 12, 2005, 6:59 AM
Yeah right 😕
THE BOX

May 12, 2005, 8:36 AM
If you really are who you say you are then give us (cingular) a call 800-331-0500 and ask for our national accounts dept. We would be more than happy to assist you and your company with getting the treo 650 or any other pda device that your company may be interested in . We could arrange a large discount for your company and set you up with a very large pool of minutes
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:31 PM
Thank you. I will forward you offer to the appropriate dept.
silvabullit

May 12, 2005, 2:13 PM
Disgruntled CEO said:
I am the Chairman and CEO of a major US corporation

If so, you'd have a lawyer contact Verizon...not post this on phonescoop hahahaha 🤣
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:33 PM
Verizon broke no laws, so that would be inappropriate. No lawyers contacted Pepsi when they were boycotted for Ludacris. It wasn't necessary or appropriate. Consumer outrage is often all it takes.
jerrydock

May 17, 2005, 10:11 AM
Anyone who suggest that a lawyer is the answer to a consumer complaint has littlel experiece with lawyers or with courts.
Tom1944

May 12, 2005, 7:11 PM
I may direct the my Board to purchase and run a full page ad in USA Today calling for a consumer boycott of Verizon due to it’s inability to communicate openly with it’s consumers.

Okay hotshot. Enlighten an old man by telling me when the CEO became superior to the Board of Directors. And, when did the Board of Directors of a company handle HR, Purchasing, and Media Relations. Sounds like your big company has a member of each department on the Board of Directors. Who is the Chairman, a wino off the street?
Disgruntled CEO

May 12, 2005, 7:41 PM
I am the executive who posted the CEOs remarks and am in charge of monitoring responses. I would reply by stating that my boss is both the CEO and Chairman, as are many CEOs in the corporate world. There is no reference in the post to the Board having any involvement in HR or purchasing. However, it WOULD be appropriate to have the Board discuss and approve such an ad since it's calling for a boycott, which is far beyond the scope of media relations.

My personal opinion is that I doubt he would actually ever run such an ad. I'm sure he has better things to do with his time. But I think he was pretty irritated about the whole thing. That's the message all companies should take to heart regarding customer relations.

Another examp...
(continues)
THE BOX

May 12, 2005, 8:10 PM
Disgruntled CEO said

"Another example is that every carrier maintains a map of all the holes in their coverage, but they PROHIBIT consumers from receiving this information so they can make informed decisions. Just something to think about"...

let me correct you the holes in any carriers coverage is available to view on the coverage map in any retail store, and its also available on all the websites !

research your info before posting incorrect junk ! just a little fyi before someone flames the crap out of you
Disgruntled CEO

May 12, 2005, 8:34 PM
Thanks. I should have been more clear. The coverage maps show areas where there is and is not coverage. I am referring to holes WITHIN the established areas of coverage. We all know those spots where we loose every call on our way to or from work....those are not revealed. I recall a Consumer Reports article a while back that was critical of this fact and called for carriers to reveal the info. However, I am not an expert in wireless phone matters and concede that I may be incorrect. My point about unnecessary secrecy I still believe to be valid. And my main primary concern remains that our boss wants to buy a phone that exists, but Verizon has been delayed getting it to market for undisclosed reasons, and will not release it until an...
(continues)
THE BOX

May 12, 2005, 9:01 PM
ok, i see what you're saying now but I also have an answer for that as well. I work for cingular and can only answer for that company the reason we do not publish those "dead spots" is because we honestly do not know where all of the dead spots are ! it is very important for customers to call and let us know of this issue the only way we can fix these spots is to have enough complaints to have an engineer to look at the situation to determine if it can be fixed . And if half to tell you cell companies policy on signal we cannot guarantee service in all areas and the maps and coverage areas on line is a computer generated estimate and is not 100% exact so hope this helps
Disgruntled CEO

May 12, 2005, 9:40 PM
Thanks. That all sounds very reaposnable. So why not publish the dead spots you DO know of?
phipsi95

May 13, 2005, 7:28 AM
I would expect better spelling from a CEO 😛
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:37 PM
I re-ran the main post and it checked out fine. Perahps you are referring to one of my hasty replies? I am sure you will find a few typos.
TommyBoy

May 13, 2005, 7:34 AM
Because then they would be admitting they know where that spot is and are not doing anything to make it a non dead spot. It's like asking cable company to list all the channels it doesn't get. If indeed you are as high up in a "major company" you should understand business a little more so than you are letting on. If Verizon knows the unit will sell as well as people are saying it will why would a company not release it and lose profit? Verizon doesnt rush phones to the front line just to make a few people happy. Also it's interesting why your company through all it's thorough research settled on the 650 instead of the i730 (blackberry email capable) or even the xv6600 which is pocket pc and more of a hand help pc than the 650. Verizon also ...
(continues)
THE BOX

May 13, 2005, 12:54 PM
because they are so small that ayou would not be able to see it on a map ! and what company do you represent i could tell you what your discount would be ?
PsYkE

May 14, 2005, 4:55 PM
Because deadspots change, get better, are very exact sometimes... I mean... some people can face one direction & get signal - face the other & it's gone. How do you expect us to publish this for every state, city, town, street, house, & square foot?
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:13 PM
Fair enough. No one expects perfection. Just release what you know...your internal tech map to the public. And plot the areas on each major roadway and highway where virtually EVERYONE drops a call.
insidescooppp

May 17, 2005, 10:34 AM
Man... if you want GREAT customer service... GOTO Cingular/ATT... oh wait... I'm lying... they suck?
phipsi95

May 13, 2005, 7:34 AM
Whoever said that Verizon has to tell why it is pushing back the release date for a particular phone that your boss wants (no I don't work for Verizon). It seems very typical of these all too important business people that believe that their needs and wants should come before everything else because they are a higher up. By the way, what company do you work for - or is that one of your little secrets???
PsYkE

May 14, 2005, 4:52 PM
Sweetheart, it is almost impossible to see all those holes you speak of. Give me an address & I can tell you down to the house where our maps show there should be coverage, but that means jack. Even our internal coverage maps that our technicians use for themselves w/ issues is not exact. It's cellular signal... it's never exact, it's never guaranteed, & in the day of roaming agreements, you have no clue what you'll get, unfortunately. It's the nature of the beast.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:11 PM
Sure, no one expects and perfectly accurate map. The more pertinent issue is why there is why do technicians get a different map than the consumers? Let me guess...the tech map has more holes and the customer map is altered to imply better coverage than actually exists??

How about this. Simply disclose the spots on all major highways and roadways where EVERYONE drops their calls by the thousands each day. Simply mark them with a red dot. You may exclude the roaming areas, so that you can’t use that as an excuse anymore.

I might also suggest small transmitters in areas where tens of thousands of callers congregate each day to use their phones. This would increase your company profits and make for happier customers.

For exampl...
(continues)
jkrivjansky

May 16, 2005, 8:08 PM
I really don't want to do this... but...

Disgruntled CEO said:
Sure, no one expects and perfectly accurate map. The more pertinent issue is why there is why do technicians get a different map than the consumers? Let me guess...the tech map has more holes and the customer map is altered to imply better coverage than actually exists??

I'm going to go out on a big limb here. Perhaps the tech map is... are you ready? A technical map. Your questions is idiotic. Do you ask, for example, the water company to give you all it's company maps? No. You couldn't read these maps unless you work for the company. There is (likely) company specific information on those technical maps. So of course they aren't ...
(continues)
PsYkE

May 16, 2005, 10:55 PM
Strange... I was just @ the Dulles Airport & had perfect signal.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 11:14 PM
Sure you were. Why would I lie? I was there Fri and Sun. Lady standing next to me asked "Can you get a signal?" It's not the whole airport. Just baggage claim.

Fine, forget Dullas. There are plenty of other similar places denslely popluated (malls, etc) that could stand to use a little boost in reception, no?
PsYkE

May 17, 2005, 12:09 AM
You do realize that companies can't just put towers where ever they choose? There are laws & limitations...
Disgruntled CEO

May 17, 2005, 1:11 AM
I do realize that. There are FCC limitations, as well as local ordinances and zoning resrtictions. Which is why small, low power local transmitters or repeaters inside a government or privately owned facility would make sense, as it would avoid most of those restrictions.
jbetch

May 17, 2005, 5:02 PM
ok, so i may be a bit ignorant about this topic, but you do agree that there are fcc limitations, ordinances, etc., that prevent towers from going up everywhere, so dont you think that could be one reason why there has been nothing done to increase signal strength in those trouble areas such as malls?
jbetch

May 17, 2005, 5:10 PM
correction, i meant these boosters or low freq. towers you were speaking of. maybe there is something that states those are either not legal, or simply not allowed. again, i truely have no idea, but it is just a possible explaination
Disgruntled CEO

May 17, 2005, 5:34 PM
I know that if the signal is under a certian strengh then you can avoid many of the regs. I had to research this years ago in relation to installing reperaters on ships, and when they are in port they are under the same regs as everyone else.
TommyBoy

May 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
Its not up to Verizon to put the repeaters in a public place. The store/business would be resposible for purchasing those. There are several places I know of that do that for their employees. At the end of the day most of the cell carriers have the same comman dead zones and these places are places people don't really care about.
Disgruntled CEO

May 19, 2005, 11:43 PM
If I were a cell company I would negotiate with malls and airports (and anywhere else packed with tens of thousands of people armed with cell phones per day) to install a $1000 repeater inside so I could increase my call volume 5 million percent in those dead zones. The reperater would pay for itself in 1 day, and the rest would be gravy.
PsYkE

May 21, 2005, 9:30 AM
Perhaps you should be a cell phone company. 🙂
XPDX

May 15, 2005, 1:29 AM
"my main primary concern remains that our boss wants to buy a phone that exists, but Verizon has been delayed getting it to market for undisclosed reasons, and will not release it until an undisclosed time"

I sold my first one tuesday. before the post
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:58 PM
Are you a Verizon salesperson? You sold a Treo650? They just announced today in a press relase May 23 release date. Please clarify. Thanks.
PJF70

May 13, 2005, 8:26 AM
Less hostility, more like skepticism. You're complaint lacks credibility because you're not disclosing who you are. You could be anyone, including a competitor. If you really want to call out VZW, then step up and do it right.

Also, if you do represent a major corporation, I would think a call to VZW's B2B sales exec with a threat to pull the account would be more effective than this grassroots campaign.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:41 PM
I agree the post lacks creditiblity, but it's not worth a potential lawsuit to reveal our company name. Let's assume the sotry is totally bogus. The compliant is still valid.

I'm told we also did what you suggested. They were very sypathetic, but couldn't disclose the release date, which is what we needed, so the boss decided to try other measures. Something may have worked, as today Verizon annouced the Treo 650 release, so our complaint is hereby withdrawn.
Tom1944

May 13, 2005, 9:50 PM
I may direct the my Board to purchase and run a full page ad in USA Today calling for a consumer boycott of Verizon due to it’s inability to communicate openly with it’s consumers.

I am the executive who posted the CEOs remarks and am in charge of monitoring responses. I would reply by stating that my boss is both the CEO and Chairman, as are many CEOs in the corporate world. There is no reference in the post to the Board having any involvement in HR or purchasing. However, it WOULD be appropriate to have the Board discuss and approve such an ad since it's calling for a boycott, which is far beyond the scope of media relations.

Read your own BS. "Direct the board to purchase". That is not purchasing? I think you better seek help...
(continues)
southwestcomm

May 13, 2005, 11:33 PM
Not to fall in the trap but I call BS as well.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:47 PM
That's how it's done in the corporate world. Major purchase decisions impacting the media are made by the Board, such as if we wanted to purchase your company (and then fire you for failure to comprehend simple things).
lil_lara

May 17, 2005, 5:42 PM
As an authorized Agent of Verizon Wireless I nor any of my associates are allowed to disclose any information of release dates prior to their release. Advertising departments throughout the company will determine when the correct time to release any information is, and no info will be handed out before. This is all wireless carriers belief. Its basic commerce.
Disgruntled CEO

May 18, 2005, 4:49 PM
No, it is NOT basic commerce. Then why back in 2004 does Mercedes tell us on their website that the R class will be realeased in Fall 2005? Why does Microsoft and other software developers tell us when new products are scheduled to be released? Why does Sony and Mircrosoft announce yesterday on CNN when the new HD game boxes will be released? Why do publishers tell us when a best selling book still being written will be pulished 6 mo form now? and so on....

No ma'am, it's not basic commernce, it's just a flaw unique to the wireless industry. And by telling me "everyone else does it" is no excuse. I would encourage the carriers to think out of thier box and analyze the superior business policies of these other industries and get on b...
(continues)
ihateevry1

May 13, 2005, 11:06 AM
look any REAL ceo or whatevr he claims to be wouldn't be here in the rumor mill of phone scoop.....this guy is pro 13yrs old and his dad is th ass mgf of a indirect dealer....stop feeding into this crap
justpeachy

May 13, 2005, 12:57 PM
And I'm sure a real CEO would expect Verizon executives to hang out and post on phonescoop all day long 🤣

At least I got my laugh in today!
PsYkE

May 14, 2005, 4:57 PM
Very true...

If this IS a CEO's assistant or whatever, then I'd expect him to do more important things than post on phonescoop *hoping* he will get another CEO's attention.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:55 PM
Which is why it took me 5 days to repsond to all these questions and comments. This will probbaly be the last day I post any responses now that Verizon finally coughed up the release date.
WirelessExpress

May 22, 2005, 1:18 PM
As a Verizon Empolee I am glad you helped push the start date of the 650 up. We are very happy to get the phone in.
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:29 PM
Actually no. We were hoping some low level employee who hangs out here would bring it to the attention of a higher level executive.

It appears we had an impact as Verizon finally agreed to announce the release date as posted on the home page of this board today.

I suppose some will say it was going to happen anyway, just as some liberals like to say the Soviet Empire would have crumbled without Regan standing up to them and taking decisive action. I suppose the timing was just a coincidence then...
phipsi95

May 17, 2005, 6:46 AM
Yeah, you really stuck it to them didn't you??? I'm sure your posts here made all the difference in the world to Verizon with regards to releasing the date. You are so special. GROW UP!
jkrivjansky

May 17, 2005, 5:28 PM
Disgruntled CEO said:
It appears we had an impact...

Yeah you had an impact. You made a lot of people laugh.
Disgruntled CEO

May 17, 2005, 5:35 PM
Then my work was not in vain....
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:54 PM
Most 13 year olds can't find the US on map, let alone write words like "procurement", "functionality", or "ambiguity". So let's just pertend you meant to say this guy is a highly educated BS artist...that would convey as more plausible.
jerrydock

May 17, 2005, 11:11 AM
Just wondering; why were so many people so defensive about this request for information and help? Seems to be a legitimate question, whether it came from a CEO or a janitor. Don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the message.
Rich Brome

May 14, 2005, 1:28 PM
What you're asking for is completely unrealistic. Yes, it's frustrating, but it's simply not going to change.

Delays are the norm in this industry. Every new phone starts with an initial scheduled release date, but it is extremely rare for a phone to actually be launched "on time".

That's because this is complex technology, and there is simply too much testing and tweaking that must be done on any given device before a carrier can release a device and expect it to perform reliably.

That's doubly true for Verizon, which has a notoriously long and delay-prone testing process, and even more so for a complex device like the Treo 650, which has much more that needs to be tested than an average phone.

The point is that release dates ar...
(continues)
i700brm

May 14, 2005, 2:39 PM
i know what you all are carrying on about the treo 650 is out for B2B customers as of 5/11/05 and retail release on 5/23/05!!
PsYkE

May 14, 2005, 4:59 PM
PREACH ON!
Disgruntled CEO

May 16, 2005, 5:23 PM
I realize all business deal with moving target dates. That's what "date windows" are for. They could have simply said Feb - Aug 2005, not guaranteed. Much better than keeping it a complete secret. I mean, come on, there were rumors posted here that stated that Vz wasn't even going to release it EVER. A simple statement like I proposed posted on their site would have put an end to that nasty rumor (and other dates, like Aug), and is reasonable and appropriate.

No one expects them to explain every technical isse they are working on. How about a simple statement such as "Undergoing compatility network testing" or something general like that? Again, much better than total secrecy and resulting cutomer chaos and incorrect rumors.
Tom1944

May 16, 2005, 6:26 PM
I got it! Your the guy that works in a cell for the (warden)CEO of a prison. They are always using the term, "The boss". Damn, and we paid for your using the computer. Only one thing to say to you. KMHA
insidescooppp

May 18, 2005, 5:41 PM
AMEN TOM!!... 🤣
texaswireless

May 18, 2005, 6:07 PM
It is not Verizon's job to put an end to every single rumor regarding their service.

Verizon never put on their website "coming soon" and then left you hanging. You, or your alleged CEO heard a rumor about this handset and are now upset that they aren't catering to your need to verify such rumors.

The funny thing is that PalmOne is selling the unit on their website now. None if this even matters, yet you still feel the need to argue with the site owner about a moot point.
Disgruntled CEO

May 18, 2005, 7:17 PM
As I stated on my other posts, Verizon gave in to our demands and just announced the release (finally). No one expects them to end every single rumor. Who said that? Only you did, not I.

Exactly right...Verizon never even had the courtesy to post "comming soon" on their site. Instead they opted for TOTAL secrecy and amiguity. Just what the customer ordered, right? At least you seem to like it that way.

Yes, we are upset they didn't publish an expected release timeframe, such as a 3 mo window or a season of the year. Mercedes announced the whole new R class an entire YEAR in advance for fall 2005 (the complexities of a new car, especially an entire new CLASS of car which only happens once every 10 years is far more than a handheld...
(continues)
texaswireless

May 19, 2005, 11:27 AM
Thought so?

What are you, a 12 year old?

Obviously stating logic to you is a waste of time so for anyone else here is a quick rebuttal.

Number one, all those industries you mentioned operate in a very different fashion. Did Mercedes announce their car when it was in development or when it was ready to be manufactured? The TREO 650 for Verizon was in development. Car manufacturers also show off "concept" cars. You don't get upset when they don't come to fruition, do you?

Ok, Microsoft. I cannot believe you actually went down this road. How many times have you heard about Microsoft pushing back release dates? How many times has Microsoft released software that needs many patches to fix the problems?

Manufacturers who are ...
(continues)
Disgruntled CEO

May 19, 2005, 2:29 PM
Calling someone a 12 year old is childish in itself. But yes, you got me. I am only 12!

Mercedes: YES! They announced it while still in development! Even while it was still being shown as a concept car at car shows! Amazing, eh? Go to www.mbusa.com if you don't believe me. The ENTIRE timeline of development is waiting there to prove me right.

Treo 650: Um, no, the TREO 650 has existed long before Verizon released it. Please explain why 2 other carriers released it before Verizon did.

Microsoft: I don't care what you believe. Sure, MS may have pushed back a few release dates. No one is expecting perfection, just openness vs. secrecy.

Can't formulate a rebuttal, huh? You're certainly no debate champ yourself, Sherlock. ...
(continues)
texaswireless

May 19, 2005, 3:05 PM
Like I said, not trying to convince you. Considering you argue with the board owner, someone who has infinitely more experience in this field than you, how could I expect you to listen to someone else. I was offering an opinion to counter yours for the readership.

I come on this board to contribute to the content, offer information for those who ask and even get a laugh or two. I work in the industry.

Not sure why you are still here since you say Verizon followed your wishes. You have every right to do as you please but as such an important figure I thought you might have better things to do around your office/plant/sandbox.
texaswireless

May 19, 2005, 3:08 PM
BTW,

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out.

Why aren't you upset with PalmOne?
wndw1

May 16, 2005, 6:08 PM
CEO of bullsh1t!
heather42

May 16, 2005, 6:22 PM
The last I knew the Treo 650 was already released to B2B customers. If you were really paying as much attention as you say you are, then you would of nowen that. Know one with Verizon knows the exact date that anything is being released. All we know is what quarter they hope to release anything. Verizon does extensive tests on everything. I am sorry for your troubles, but at least you know that all the bugs in the treo 650 are worked out.
insidescooppp

May 17, 2005, 10:31 AM
Port your numbers over to Sprint... get the Treos for 329.99... same coverage... cheaper data rates... cheapers plans... better warranty coverage...
Disgruntled CEO

May 17, 2005, 11:08 AM
I used to have a Sprint phone. Terrible coverage. Dropped calls all day long. Had to go upstairs in my own home to get reception...even then it was marginal. When phone would switch to analog, bill would run $500. There's a reason Sprint is so cheap. You get what you pay for. No thanks.
insidescooppp

May 18, 2005, 4:12 PM
Yea and when was this? 3 years ago... EXACTLY...
Disgruntled CEO

May 18, 2005, 4:39 PM
Are you saying that Sprint users no longer incur charges when their phone switches from digital to analog? EXACTLY
insidescooppp

May 18, 2005, 5:38 PM
NEWS FLASH...
Every carrier bills for roaming... Pay $5 for Free and Clear America and you wouldn't have to cry about it on the forum... Set your phone to Sprint only also... geek... CEO puppet boy 😉 😛
Disgruntled CEO

May 18, 2005, 6:28 PM
SUPER NEWS FLASH..

If my Verizon phone automatically switches from digital to analog when the local signal is weak, it doesn't ROAM or COST me anything.

Are you telling me that Sprint now owns their own analog towers? Or that they cover the charges when a dual/tri band phone swtiches to analog in a weak digital signal area?

inside pooperscooper dude 🙄
insidescooppp

May 19, 2005, 12:25 PM
With F&C America... all roaming is included... get over it.. 🤭
jerrydock

May 18, 2005, 4:43 PM
WRONG.... my son is on Sprint. He pays 69 cents per minute on analog.
insidescooppp

May 18, 2005, 5:39 PM
He must be on a ghetto plan Jerry...
Disgruntled CEO

May 18, 2005, 6:52 PM
Ok, so Sprint offers Ghetto plans? Excatly my point.
jerrydock

May 20, 2005, 5:12 AM
Actually, he is on one of the old corporate plans. It is through Hendrick Motor Sports. You must be new to wireless. "once upon a time" Sprint plans were all like this; then they went to a 100 minute "roam" package which costs $15/mo.; once you went over that you were then back to paying $.69/min.
I confess I have not looked at theri current offerings; but a friend told me his new Sprint phone has no analog side.

Guess that solved the "roaming issue".
speedywalk

May 17, 2005, 11:13 AM
Hmmm.....I'm not going to bother reading the overwhelming number of posts here. All I have to say is this:

If you are REALLY looking for a phone/PDA combo that most closely mirrors the functionality and interface of your computers, then why are you not looking more closely at the PPC-6600?

Let's see here:

1. Native support for Word.
  2. Native support for Excel.
  3. Contact/e-mail/calendar functions mimic Outlook.
  4. The operating system uses the Windows interface.
  5. The native transcriber system built into Pocket PC is immensly superior to the alphabet you must learn for Palm OS.

The general feeling I got from your post was the whining 5 year old "I want my toy and want it now!" It did not come across as credibl ...
(continues)
Disgruntled CEO

May 17, 2005, 11:25 AM
More like "Dad, Johny got his toy from mom a year ago, why can't you give me the same toy now a year later? Are you ever going to give it to me? Can you at least suggest a 3 mo window?" That would be a more accurate analogy.

Does your mentioned phone have camera and keyboard? Those were requirememnts.
speedywalk

May 20, 2005, 6:32 PM
Yes it absolutely does have a camera and a SLIDE OUT keyboard to tuck it away when you don't need/want it!

Speedywalk
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
Disgruntled CEO

May 20, 2005, 6:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Aside from the fact that it's bigger and has 1/2 the battery life of the 650, what is your opinion of the CNET.com rave review of the 650 vs. the medeocre review of the xv6600?
Big Poppa

May 17, 2005, 11:39 AM
According to this site, Verizon Ammounced the release of the 650. You may have to order it through their telesales. I don't see it on the website yet.

http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php?name=News&file= ... »
themike314

May 17, 2005, 3:19 PM
Verizon Announces New Unlimited Data Pricing, Treo 650

Yesterday, 10:37 AM source: Verizon Wireless

Verizon today will drop the price of unlimited data for 1xRTT (National Access) laptop cards to $59.99 per month. Subscribers with high speed 1x EV-DO (Broadband Access) data cards will continue to pay $79.99 per month for unlimited data. Beginning next week, Verizon will also launch new plans for Blackberry, PDA phone and smartphone users. They can choose from 10 MB per month for $29.99 or unlimited data for $49.99. Verizon will not offer separate pricing for 1xRTT or 1X EV-DO data on these devices. Subscribers with a voice plan of $39.99 or higher will receive a $5 discount per month off their smartphone data plan. Verizon also ...
(continues)
phipsi95

May 19, 2005, 12:27 PM
For such an important business person you sure do seem to spend a lot of time on this forum. Don't you have some work to do?
Disgruntled CEO

May 19, 2005, 2:31 PM
Not really. I make enough that I can work when I feel like. Besides, most of my posts are after hours or while sittiing in an airport waiting for flights. And I never said I was important...just perisitant and dedicated.
TommyBoy

May 19, 2005, 10:23 PM
You wouldnt happen to work with or be related to a guy named king frog?
Disgruntled CEO

May 19, 2005, 11:45 PM
Sorry no. I googled king frog and nothing pertinent came up. If it's some kind of techie joke you will have to explain.
texaswireless

May 20, 2005, 10:42 AM
Come on, calling this guy kingfrog is giving him too much credit.
jkrivjansky

May 20, 2005, 8:13 PM
Baahhhahahahahahaha...

OK we've had our differances texas... but that was funny.
texaswireless

May 21, 2005, 10:24 AM
😁

I try.
verizonmatt

May 20, 2005, 4:17 PM
(CHILL OUT DUDE) 👿 Verizon unlike its competiors test the equipment very thouroughly, and thats why sprint released the treo 650 the day it was avaliable. Verizon on the other hand like to make sure it is a reliable product before its released to operate on their network. That why we have many more satisfied customers than sprint pcs does!! Just to let you all know it will be avaliable on the 24th of this month for order!
Disgruntled CEO

May 20, 2005, 5:54 PM
Where have you been? You missed the whole debate already.

We all appreciate the thorough testing. But why keep the date a secret until the last few weeks? Why not announce a 3 mo window like auto manufacturers, software developers, book publishers, etc do? If nothing else, just a simple announcement that the phone will be release SOMEDAY would even be nice. Due to the secrecy, there were even rumors posted here that is was NEVER to be released...exactly what you get when you keep things a secret like you have.

No one expects an exact date to be announced 6 mo or a year out, and we understand there may be unexpected delays, but simply refusing to give publish ANY idea of when the phone will be available is simply unacceptable. Mig...
(continues)
Tom1944

May 20, 2005, 7:05 PM
Hey CEO, are you related to these fellows?

COSTELLO CALLS TO BUYACOMPUTER FROM ABBOTT
ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store.Can I help you?

> COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking
> about buying a computer.
>
> ABBOTT: Mac?
>
> COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.
>
> ABBOTT: Your computer?
>
> COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
>
> ABBOTT: Mac?
>
> COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.
>
> ABBOTT: What about Windows?
>
> COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
>
> ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?
>...
(continues)
MurdocThC

May 23, 2005, 8:39 PM
omfg hahahahahahahahahaha thats fsckin incredible!!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
verizonmatt

May 24, 2005, 12:26 PM
You nedd some antidepressants to help you deal with your stressfull daily life instead of pitching a fit about a release date on a pda!!!
Verizon Wireless
We never stop working for you!!! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.