Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

qwest no longer in the running for MCI...it is over!

pizpiz80

May 2, 2005, 3:14 PM
Will you please copy, paste, and post the article? Most of us on here are at work and cant view links. Thanks 😁
sammy2

May 2, 2005, 3:56 PM
Qwest ends bid for MCI after Verizon raises offer

Monday May 2, 3:10 PM EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Qwest Communications International Inc. said on Monday it was ending its months-long pursuit of MCI Inc., saying the bidding war with Verizon Communications Inc. had been skewed against Qwest.

MCI on Monday accepted a revised $8.5 billion offer from Verizon and rejected a higher $9.9 billion bid from Qwest, saying its large business customers might defect if it accepted Qwest's offer.

"It is no longer in the best interests of shareowners, customers and employees to continue in a process that seems to be permanently skewed against Qwest," the company said in a statement.

"Unfortunately, the latest in a string of decisions reconfir...
(continues)
nextel18

May 3, 2005, 4:32 PM
time for chapter 11. lol hey this way the tele companies can get qwest's assets for 10 cents on the dollar.
sammy2

May 3, 2005, 4:36 PM
Qwest has sold so many of its income generating assets already including its phone directory business. I wonder who will pick up the local business and I wonder what the future holds for the employees.
nextel18

May 3, 2005, 5:23 PM
yea, they needed to sell some assets to get income. lol see what happens when you do receive a great roic and roi on assets and you have to sell it? thats called desperatation time. they have 17 billion in debt!!! come on. time for chapter 11. if it goes chapter 11 then anyone can becuase you still have the infrascture and the clients at 10 cents on the dollar. looks good to me.

yea, employees probably needs to be searching for other jobs now.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.