Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Moto A630 Question...

VZWdawg

Mar 19, 2005, 1:27 PM
When will this phone be available for Cingular? Given I'm a VZW rep, but I still have service with Cingular as well and would be interested in this phone. It is still only available for T-Mobile in this area and I'm curious to know if it is already out for Cingular in other regions. If not, what is the ETA for Cingular? Also, does anyone have any better suggestions for a ohone with a built in/hidden keyboard for text messaging (available or soon-to-be-released)?

Thanks guys!
doubletap

Mar 20, 2005, 5:39 PM
Unfortunately, this phone will never be released to Cingular. Sorry for the bad news, but there is a lot of issues concerning the phone. Maybe the LG9100 might be suitable for now. There are no other releases within the next few months that offer that hidden keyboard. If you liketexting, you might want to look at the Samsung P207. It offers a unique speech-to-text dictation which sounds cool. would really like to know how this is going to work.
VZWdawg

Mar 20, 2005, 6:01 PM
☚ī¸ Well, that's unfortunate. I was afraid that would be the case since it's been "tentative" for so long now. All the reviews I've read for the LG phone were worse than the Moto though. That Samsung seems like a nice gizmo though. I suppose we shall see. Thanks for the info!

I have noticed some "unlocked" Moto A630s for sale, but is there a good place (besides the store) to purchase such phones for retail with no contract extensions?
doubletap

Mar 21, 2005, 10:37 AM
You might try Ebay, a lot of people are having luck with this sight. Also, I know Motorola sells their equipment unlocked. Be careful; the only ones available are the phones that do not capture a 800MHZ freq. So you are going to be stuck with a 1900 only.
VZWdawg

Mar 21, 2005, 5:22 PM
🙂 Thanks a bunch! I figured Ebay was probably the best place to shop. I probably wouldn't do the A630 anyway just because of some of the compatibility issues people having been having with them using Cingular as opposed to the intended T-Mobile.

I appreciate your advice!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.