Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

TMobile G2

JPORT247

Jan 8, 2009, 10:52 AM
Is this thing coming out soon or what?
I'm to the point of just saying, "Screw it"! and going out and getting the Storm or Iphone.
Why can't we just get a straight answer from these people!?! 👿
Fear The Cubans

Jan 8, 2009, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath on anything anytime soon. T-Mobile isn't going to release a sequel anytime soon because G1 sales are doing just fine.

As far as a G2 being released on a different carrier...it would be big news because it would be the first android phone on that carrier, and it would be officially announced at least a month in advance.

So go with what you want now because I'd be willing to bet at least 4 months before we see another Android phone on the market with any carrier.
Adam7986

Jan 13, 2009, 12:24 PM
The G2 may not be a replacement, but maybe a touch screen only version, or a low end non touch version. March or april, but summer for sure.
Darth_Ix

Jan 15, 2009, 7:49 PM
As far as a G2 I couldn't say anything but I would assume it would be a direct replacement of the G1 as this is just the device that supports the Android Platform. That having been said Motorola has announced that the only smartphone platform they will build to for at least 2009 will be the android platform so you can expect to see some Motorola competition to the G1. Motorola also announced that they are anly preparing 12 models for release this year, but any smart phone will be developed around android. So the answer you are seeking is yes, another android device is coming, but it wou't be the G2.
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 6:33 PM
Is there ever going to be a cdma version?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.