Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

VZW Treo 650 Can I get an answer

scott67

Feb 3, 2005, 1:40 PM
Some on this forum say never. Some say May 1.

Yesterday I hear from my boss that Sprint has an exclusive on CDMA Treo 650s forever.

I like VZW and have a contract, but I am getting frustrated with the GSM guys getting all the cool goodies.
pizpiz80

Feb 3, 2005, 2:27 PM
I feel your pain. But unfortunately i think GSM will always have nicer phones. GSM got the N-GAGE (not that its too much to brag about), Sidekick, along with many others. At least your not in my situation where i can only choose VZW or CellularOne. There are No GSM carriers in my state. 😳
donvito

Feb 4, 2005, 11:18 PM
i worked for a sprint store and thought we had good phones well we have sanyo
now that i'm in cingular i can really say that gsm is light years ahead
but we only got treo 650 on gsm only this week and my store is still waiting or ours
TommyBoy

Feb 13, 2005, 10:57 AM
I was under the impression that gsm was a technology not a phone manufacturer... Through common sense and no research I will go out on a limb and say that cdma phones are more difficult to manufacter. Vzw being the only cdma carrier with a strong and "reliable" background test their phone extensivley. The other carrier (sprint) that is cdma has a fair number of "cutting edge" phones but take those same phones and compare it to a vzw entry line phone and you would notice a tremendous difference in call reliability (nationwide.. not in select cities) At the end of the day it isn't about what features are on the phone (you will more than likely not use after one month of playing with it) it's about when you pay for a cell phone service the basi...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.