Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 91 replies

customer service

poohgirl

Jan 27, 2004, 12:51 AM
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn.—Consumer experience research firm Vocal Laboratories reported Verizon Wireless received the highest customer service quality rating in a recent survey comparing the quality of customer service of AT&T Wireless Services Inc., Cingular Wireless L.L.C., Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless.
The report noted Verizon Wireless received a top score of 43 and was awarded an “A” in caller satisfaction compared with Cingular’s score of 25, Sprint PCS at 14 and AT&T Wireless as minus 5.

“The four companies differed on their ability to handle customers’ questions,” Peter Leppik, chief executive officer of Vocal Laboratories explained. “Verizon Wireless successfully answered customers’ questions 87 percent of the time on the first ca...
(continues)
brodfukker

Feb 5, 2004, 1:07 PM
Nobody can deny VZW is the customer service KING!

btw I noticed your handle - nice to see another "pooh" ... my girlfriend has called me poohbear forever!
TMGuru

Feb 5, 2004, 7:55 PM
your nickname and handle discust me. 😈
casey13

Feb 6, 2004, 3:53 PM
Are you smokin creak or what T-Mobie has the best customer service of any wireless compompany around hands down!!!!! 😛
goldo

Mar 4, 2004, 12:40 PM
I don't know who is smokin what or where but Verizon has the best customer service in EVERY major market area in the USA. You might pick up the latest issue of Consumers Reports and check out page 14. In some major markets T-Mobile doesn't even make the list. 🙂
johnstonhurd

Mar 5, 2004, 2:04 PM
i have to go with personal experience 🙂 🙂

I'll rate with the carriers i have dealt with.

1. T-Mobile
2. Verizon
3. AT&T
4. Sprint
just my own opinion
chriskeleher

Mar 17, 2004, 1:09 AM
people.......verizon wireless is God when it comes to customer service....i know...i work there.... trust me...no bad talk like at&t rep.
seniorstew

Mar 17, 2004, 8:23 PM
Yeah right... T-Mobiles customer service is second to none.. Its all part of the Get More commentment.
Linguist

Mar 21, 2004, 6:21 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it doesn't matter much when you say your own company, that you work for, in customer care, has the best customer care.

Consumer Reports goes with VZW.
Convergeeman

Mar 23, 2004, 6:25 PM
well lets just say this. up here in canada the only people who read the canadian consumers reports are the import americans the way it works here is that telus has the west and bell has the east and we raom off eachother and rogers is in its own little world 🤣 😈 😈
Manwithastick

Jul 4, 2004, 2:40 PM
I work for T-mo and love the company with that said, 1.Verizon 2.T-mo
Thats how they rate in overall cusomer satisfaction. Thats a Big jump for T-mo because 3 years ago they were last
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 4, 2004, 6:08 PM
I agree thats a big jump,but i'll tell you whay ATT is not number one anyore i've been with the company for a number of years in care,and by the way i still LOVE working for the company,see the company policy used to be whatever the customer wanted-they would get,go over on minutes,sure we'll re-rate you to a higher plan, have a local plan-and go out of the home calling area and get massive roam fees-sure we'll re-rate no problem,customer on a 19.99 plan =$240.00 in service,wants a v-600,369.99 for free,sure why not - the problem was that custoers got used to it,and eventually it got to the point where customers wanted a credit for anything and everything-it came to a point where we were giving out ore credit then receiving for service- exam...
(continues)
phonepimp3376

Jul 4, 2004, 7:48 PM
So very true, DEBIT...

We at Cingular saw the same problem starting to develop and implemented measures to stop it. Do we catch flak for it? No doubt. But what the customer fails to recognize is that SOMEBODY has to pay for the freebies... and it usually winds up being them in the long run. Higher equipment costs, lower subsidies, fewer rebates, less network development...whatever the cut, everybody pays for those few.

I agree that if an agent of the company makes a mistake, that should be resolved. I agree that there should be some recourse for lack of understanding. I don't agree with all this "I'm a good customer, reward me" mentality that is prevalent in the wireless industry. Does your car dealer give you a new car if you crash i...
(continues)
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 4, 2004, 10:52 PM
😁

I totally agree with you, i've had customers who have had that as well,i've offered the insurance to anyone who had the phone lost-stolen daged all,the majority tell me no,they don't want to pay for insurance since we're multi billion dollar copanies who can afford free phones,which makes me put my phone on "mute" to laugh at the arrogance of that answer.
Acedith

Oct 20, 2004, 4:35 PM
You know, the same thing happened over here at Cingular. I'm in customer care, and when i was hired, it was "take care of the customer to the best of your knowledge"... well, I still wouldn't give credit to people who didn't deserve it.
Thats how people get addicted to free service, you give 'em everything including the kitchen sink and it just doesn't work like that.
But what you said is exactly true.. the customers get used to calling in and getting what they want, and then if they don't get what they want, the escalate up to a manager and then what do they get? Absolutely nothing more than the rep would give, and sometimes if the rep does make an offer to the customer, and the customer refuses it, that offer is null and void.
Honestl...
(continues)
navysealsrule

Oct 24, 2004, 8:02 AM
well no wonder verzion won they had no competition
we all know att and sprint and cingular cc stink
there only competion is t-mobile we all know that t-mobile was rated # 1 my jd powers booooo yaaaaaa 😁 😁 😁 😁
TommyBoy

Oct 25, 2004, 10:25 AM
The same Jd power that ranks a kia over a lexus?
jobrien02

Oct 25, 2004, 5:51 PM
They do? That sux, what are they all on crack or something? Sorry, I am just bored sh*tless at work again- prolly cuz no days off in over a week and 1/2, working close by myself again and nobody to talk to. . . customers come in bunches and then go away. Plus I have tues and wed off. . . sorta, have meetings I have to go to, so I am getting to be a bit of a smart ass atm. . . anyone else wanna work for me?
ShunAsa

Nov 1, 2004, 9:44 AM
lmao 😁
CainMarko

Nov 1, 2004, 11:21 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself.
robbie0517

Jul 5, 2004, 11:04 PM
Get More what??? Dropped calls no doubt!! 🤣
Leader69

Jul 6, 2004, 12:45 PM
🤣
Not having read the thread... Is it T-Mobile?
robbie0517

Jul 6, 2004, 4:03 PM
You are the winner!! Right on!!
Leader69

Jul 7, 2004, 5:52 PM
🤣
Big Poppa

Sep 23, 2004, 12:04 PM
Another Brain-Washed Verizon Wireless employee.. Thats why I had to leave Verizon Wireless.. They try to brain-wash their employee's and everyone else into thinking they are the best..

I bet you think Verzion Wireless Invented Unlimited Mobile 2 Mobile Calling too huh?
Convergeeman

Mar 4, 2004, 5:26 PM
ya and the worst cvg as well if you cross compare maps with the other 5
johnstonhurd

Mar 5, 2004, 2:07 PM
let my do my own personal opinions

Coverage
1. Verizon
2. AT&T
3. Sprint
4. Nextel
5. T-Mobile

Rates
1. T-Mobile
2. AT&T
3. Sprint
4. Verizon
5. Nextel

Once again my own personal opinions
Cookie1105

Mar 16, 2004, 11:14 AM
As far as customer service T-mobile and sprint suck.. I have had sevice with tmobile sprint at&t and Verizon.. Verizon customer service is allright and i work there and on a scale of 1-5 there a 3 but the rest of the competitors customer service sucks. Have you tried calling sprint lately? At& t is a 2..the rest of the carriers need to stop talking on this forum and answer some calls!
motopaulie

Mar 16, 2004, 2:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA, THAT'S RIGHT. IF NOT, SEE WHAT I THINK ABOUT AWS...
somers_guy

Mar 22, 2004, 10:49 AM
😈 wondering if MOTO had his crappy v60 fone planted firmly where the sun don't shine and set to vibrate, because that would explain quite a lot
MW2

Mar 22, 2004, 3:04 PM
actually i think he broke the vibration feature, hence his bitchy attitude.
Sleeping

Mar 5, 2004, 9:17 PM
I'm going to say for AT&T Wireless(because that's the only one I can really comment on, being as I work for them), the main reasons they're doing so poor would be the following:

1. Out-sourcing half the care reps, and not paying them the industry standards so they get substandard applicants who can't jobs elsewhere, either for lack of competence or lack of qualifications(I fall under the latter with only a high school degree... so far.)

2. Giving the reps a lot of terrible offers, and changing them all the time, so half the staff doesn't know what the current offers are.
tryptophanatic

Jun 26, 2004, 3:22 PM
verizon may have better numbers on paper compared to the other companies but cingular will give and give to shut the customer up to make them happy. as a csr for cingular every other call i had was me giving a customer credit on their account simply because they asked for it, and i was alotted up to $150 without manager's permission. would you be able to get that from verizon?
megs72979

Jun 27, 2004, 1:29 PM
cust care has gotten less leniant since the merger, i work in a company store and have seen that in the last few months.
sherryberry

Jul 1, 2004, 11:42 PM
That's just one person giving and giving.. but not every customer rep is alike and if you catch them on a bad day, then you're screwed.
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 2, 2004, 12:00 AM
No trust e its not just one person, i see in an average shift i talk to about 60 to 70 calls, 90% have overage,and clai either misinformation,or unaware of they have on their plan- despite havving been advised when they got their plan,or if they are not sure to call in or on the OCS website,so they ask for a re-rate to cover their bills, and when you deny the the adjusteent,they get upset, i've offered different plans and new promos,but they decline if they can't get a credit to go with it,then they call back to try again,customers complain about wait time to get a rep,the problem is more and more they get no,they callback and escalate to the resolutions department,which always resluts in the the custoer being told the same thing ,so they ca...
(continues)
sherryberry

Jul 2, 2004, 12:06 AM
Yes but why do they call back? Because they might get a better customer service rep. sometimes, one will do it and another won't. Because they're not all the same people. I'm just saying it can really depend on their mood.
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 2, 2004, 12:13 AM
no sherry,the problem is, is that each time they callback,they change their story slightly hoping to get a credit,and the good news now is we have a credit and adjustent deapartment-thery literally go into account and review all adjustments and all notations,so if a rep gives a credit in error,or in spite of the notes,the credit gets debited back.
CainMarko

Jul 2, 2004, 8:12 AM
Actually, at Cingular, it doesn't matter what "mood" you are in. We have polocies and they can't be changed. Everyone at Cingular from phone reps to executives follow the same rules and policies.
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 2, 2004, 10:43 PM
CainMarko, I agree with you,it's same with ATT we happened to spoil the before with credits,but now we are strictly enforcing the p&p,and the custoers don't like but p&p,ore than ever is being strictly being enforced.
attws_187

Jul 3, 2004, 2:31 AM
it's all about trust & adjust. Attwireless is so desperate for customers & wishing to reduce churn, that customers have the advantage.

If you are a good smart customer, pay attention. All you need to do is have a consistent story. Find a rep you are confident you can get your way with. At first, play by the rules. If you don't get what you want. Try to escalate & make sure that the rep feels that you mean business. Attwireless is empowering reps to trust the customer & adjust for credits.

If you can grasp the concept that reps need to trust, & then adjust, you can possibly get a break & a big deal on a phone, credits on minute charges etc.

Be smart & make your way with attwireless since they are already getting bought out f...
(continues)
attws_187

Jul 3, 2004, 2:35 AM
customers need to be smart shoppers. The job of carriers & business owners is to make a sell & get most profit as they can.

Job for the customer is to pay the least possible they can get away with for the product.

Attwireless is very vulnerable right now. Smart customers can get their way if they play it right & can be smary & patient.

To the customer: Be persistent & try to intimidate the rep just a bit to give yourself an edge.

Try to get a rep that you feel or think that they might be new or might not know much. If you get an experienced rep, you will more than likely not get what you want.
AGENT DEBIT

Jul 4, 2004, 1:25 AM
Don't you have any respect for your job,it's clearly obvious fro your last post you work for the copany sae as myelf,and you are here giving the customer all info on how to achieve getting credit,and as a result ore people are gonna call in just to get -just cuz,then the policy will get changed and it will hurt all customers,not just the ones you are teaching how to abuse the system,but others as well,It's clear that you don't like your job,so why don't you quit,instead of just causing problems for others.
phonepimp3376

Jul 4, 2004, 9:49 AM
Because then he wouldn't get his little subversive video game mentality REVENGE because he thinks the company MADE him a sub-par rep...lol
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 12:56 PM
THAT WOULD BE ME, I DONT INTIMIDATE EASILY, GOOD LUCK CUSTOMERS. HEE HEE
coldsteel

Nov 10, 2004, 12:23 PM
Which will change next week when the AWS reps HAVE TO follow Cingular policies. Enjoy Protocol training.
nextech317

Jun 28, 2004, 3:55 PM
By far I think that Verizon has one, the best in cellular service and coverage, and two they have very good customer service. That is why Verizon is the leader in the cellular industry.
omar3208

Jun 28, 2004, 4:01 PM
when the merger of cingula/att takes place finally....verizon will only be number 2 as far as customer for a few short months...so dont get too excited and think that we're leaving....verizon gets more customers in a month than cingular and att do in 3....just the facts...
AGENT DEBIT

Jun 29, 2004, 1:47 AM
don't blame the customer service on ATT Wireless,the reason that people don't like the customer service is because customer got used to asking for a credit for any reason and usually getting it,but now the copany realized they can't keep doing it,and the customer got spoiled by it,I konw i've worked for them,customers asdk for unreasonable things,and when you say no,but we can do this,they get upset,since they feel they can do it for anything,so they are now facing customer service where the credit is the answer to all issues
attws_187

Jul 3, 2004, 2:40 AM
the main reason why cingular gets more customers is for roll-over minutes.

What customers are not told is that it's only good for the first year on a two year contract. If they want roll-over for the second year, guess what, they need to either have to pay for the feature or sign up for a new two year contract & get it again.

Cingular is more expensive in terms for rate plans, but customers are caught in to the rollover minutes theme. All customers are doing is keeping minutes that they are not going to use. The average customer of cingular that goes over the minutes & pays a high bill is the same to the customer from a carrier that doesn't offer rollover.

Many customers end up leaving cingular also because if they have a bad pa...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Jul 3, 2004, 11:43 AM
That aint true... Rollover minutes stay on. Notice the dot. It's a Period. Period. If you're on a rollover plan you have rollover. If you have leftover minutes from a month that passed a year ago, those minutes will expire, but you'll still have the minutes from the past eleven months.
phonepimp3376

Jul 3, 2004, 3:36 PM
attws_187...

OMG are you misinformed.

First, rollover minutes roll off too. The rollover minutes you got in January 2004 roll off in January 2005. The ones in February 2004 in 2005 etc.

What you are missing is that if a customer HAS rollover minutes, they are only charged for overage if ALL of their rollover minutes are depleted. If that is the case, then overage is charged. If there ARE existing minutes, those are depleted first.
jw9601

Jul 3, 2004, 4:16 PM
LET ME TELL YOU MAN YOU ARE MISINFORMED BIG TIME THE ROLLOVER FEATURE IS GOOD FOR ANY PLAN 39.99AND ABOVE THE ONLY PLANS THAT DONT HAVE IT IS OLD TDMA NATION PLANS ANY OTHER DOES.SOUNDS LIKE YOU LEFT CINGULAR NOT KNOWING WHAT THE DEAL IS....
attws_187

Jul 3, 2004, 8:09 PM
rollover might be cool, but are the rate plans competitive to issue as many minutes as vzn, nxtl, or att? u will find that it's just a trade off. u take rollover but initially u do get less minutes. In the industry, bottom line, everything evens out. You don't get nothing for free. All they are doing is letting u keep minutes that were unused after they sold u a plan that gives u less minutes than what any competitor would offer.
CainMarko

Jul 4, 2004, 4:50 AM
attws_187 said:
rollover might be cool, but are the rate plans competitive to issue as many minutes as vzn, nxtl, or att? u will find that it's just a trade off. u take rollover but initially u do get less minutes. In the industry, bottom line, everything evens out. You don't get nothing for free. All they are doing is letting u keep minutes that were unused after they sold u a plan that gives u less minutes than what any competitor would offer.

WRONG!

VZW:
America's Choice $59.99
800 minutes, IN-Network calling, unlimited night & weekends

ATTWS:
GSM America National 59.99 900 minutes, unlim night & weekends, Unlimited M2M.

Sprint Pcs:
Fair & Flexible... Unlimited N&W, 850 minutes will c...
(continues)
Frosty007

Jul 8, 2004, 1:42 PM
uh huh....
and look what you get for 39.99...or 49.99....or 45.00
instead of looking for the plan that makes you look the best, try being fair...cause as much as i want every customer to get a 59.99 plan....they dont. Every customer has different needs and its not always the same carrier thats the right carrier.

Also not every customer wants/needs nationwide coverage. So even on your 59.99 plan attws would own cingular.... thats hoping that their service would work for that customer. 1250 anytime....nights/weekends....7oclock nights....M2M

Hopefully my point got across and you dont try to turn this into a rate plan debate
CainMarko

Jul 8, 2004, 5:05 PM
ummmm the ONLY plan ATTWS offers with 1250 minutes is 74.99 and it is national.

ATTWS offers 700 local minutes with unlim nw for 39.99 and 800 with the 49.99 plan.

Cingular offers 600 regional minutes for 39.99 and 800 for 49.99 with unlim nw.

Pretty comparable. BUT WAIT A MINUTE!!!! ATTWS CHARGES ROAMING IN MOST OF ITS "LOCAL" calling area!!!!!!

Cingular GIVES YOU THE ENTIRE Northeast REGION!!! NO ROAMING CHARGES.
Once again 10001 zipcode.

While we're here... Let's check Good ol' VZW's local plans.

VZW Gives you 400 😢 anytime minutes for 39.99 and only 700 for 59.99 😳 and the local area is even smaller that ATTWS' local plan! Send in the ROAMING CHARGES!!!!!

One thing Cingular also offers is METRO plans which w...
(continues)
Frosty007

Jul 9, 2004, 10:21 AM
and yet you did turn it into a debate....

and yes local attws 59.99 plan is 1250 minutes + N&W + 7 oclock nights + M2M, and the local calling area is pretty big....look at your maps bud. And please dont come back on me on this, just check out the rates and maps.
coldsteel

Jul 9, 2004, 11:26 AM
Frosty007 said:
and yet you did turn it into a debate....

and yes local attws 59.99 plan is 1250 minutes + N&W + 7 oclock nights + M2M, and the local calling area is pretty big....look at your maps bud. And please dont come back on me on this, just check out the rates and maps.

But what's the roam charge...?
Frosty007

Jul 9, 2004, 11:54 AM
its a local plan... if you travel out of your home area its 69 cents a minute. It doesnt work for everybody, but for people who dont travel its good.
vzwdaddy

Jul 9, 2004, 1:35 PM
check the vzw website before you post out of date rte plans pls
CainMarko

Jul 9, 2004, 2:02 PM
In response to The ATT guy who claims I am wrong... Please go to:

http://www.attws.com »

click on "start with plans"
Type in the ZIPCode 10001.

VIOLA! NO LOCAL PLANS with 1250 minutes... you get 1300 for 74.99. 😕 As i already stated, I was comparing the 10001 zip code (NYC).

Same thing for the VZW guy.

http://www.verizonwireless.com »

click on "local rate plans"
type in the zipcode 10001

VIOLA!!!! 2 "Local Digital Plans" 400 daytime minutes for 39.99 and 700 local minutes for 59.99.

It's your website, not mine. If it's outdated, don't blame me.... I used YOUR website with the same zipcodes.

And Frosty, you can't expect to challenge something by putting incorrect info and then say "don't correct me, just look i...
(continues)
TheVZWMan

Jul 10, 2004, 1:12 AM
CainMarko said:
In response to The ATT guy who claims I am wrong... Please go to:

http://www.attws.com »

click on "start with plans"
Type in the ZIPCode 10001.

VIOLA! NO LOCAL PLANS with 1250 minutes... you get 1300 for 74.99. 😕 As i already stated, I was comparing the 10001 zip code (NYC).

Same thing for the VZW guy.

http://www.verizonwireless.com »

click on "local rate plans"
type in the zipcode 10001

VIOLA!!!! 2 "Local Digital Plans" 400 daytime minutes for 39.99 and 700 local minutes for 59.99.

It's your website, not mine. If it's outdated, don't blame me.... I used YOUR website with the same zipcodes.

And Frosty, you can't expect to challenge something by putting incorrect info and the
(continues)
CainMarko

Jul 10, 2004, 2:58 AM
yeah. when you compare rate plans you HAVE to compare it BY INDIVIDUAL MARKET. So, the regional/local Indianapolis plan is going to be totally different from the NYC regional/local plan, for example. type in the same zipcodes in the sites and compare plans. the vzw site IS NOT outdated. call vzw and tell them what zipcode you live in and ask them for the plans... same plans. The Zipcode I use is 10001- NYC.
Frosty007

Jul 10, 2004, 8:56 AM
Dude calm down for one, and for two, your zip code is not the only one out there..... oh yea and for three im not the ATT guy, im just making sure you're being fair and telling you that not any single carrier is better than everyone in every situation. I sell every carrier except nextel....you sell only cingular. So you're biased. Its understandable, but man calm down.

and yes that rate plan exists. If I knew how to host things and post links, i would show you. On the rate guide it shows the extra 200 minutes that you get. If you have an email addy ill be more than happy to email it to you.
CainMarko

Jul 10, 2004, 10:48 PM
Man, if i calm down anymore, I will fall asleep. I never said the rate plan doesn't exist. I said you pulled up the wrong zipcode. Also, I never said that 10001 was the ONLY ZIPCODE. USE ANY ZIPCODE. Compare the plans in ANY zipcode and the answer is the same. I don't even live in the 10001 zipcode. I use that ZIP because it's NYC. NYC is the most important market in the country. It's also the most competitive market in the nation. I think LA is actually bigger, but you're more than welcome to use an LA zipcode. Plans are usually different in every market(except the national plans).
TheVZWMan

Jul 10, 2004, 10:10 AM
Why should I call....I work there
sammyp

Jul 10, 2004, 12:43 PM
You people are crazy! Those rates are crazy! Try T-Mobile! I won't defend a lot on them but their rate plans are extremely better.
phonepimp3376

Jul 10, 2004, 7:31 PM
sure, that may be true... but you can't use them in HUGE areas of the country, they are single band, and for the most part their phone selection ROTS! Add to that they are the last to get the phones they DO get, and ask yourself: IS IT WORTH IT?
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 12:54 PM
NO THAT INFO ON ATT WIRELESS IS FALSE.. IF YOU ARE ON A LOCAL PLAN YOU HAVE NO RAOMING IN ANY OF THE SIX NEW ENGLAND STATES AND DOWN TO NJ. IF YOU ARE ON GSM AMERICA, THERE IS NO ROAMING ANYWHERE IN THE US PUERTO RICO AND THE VIRGIN ISLANDS.. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH I WORK FOR ATT WIRELESS AND OUR COVERAGE IS GREAT AND GROWING ALONG WITH CINGULAR, AND YOU GET MORE MINS WITH US AND NIGHTS FREE AT 7PM 59.99 AND HIGHER WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE.. TK
CainMarko

Jul 12, 2004, 1:57 PM
Um no it's NOT FALSE.

The Local plan in the 10001 zip code is EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED. LOOK AT YOUR OWN MAP,TOO.

Your map:
http://www.attwireless.com/global/maps/coveragemap.j ... »

The orange is the local area with no roaming... the yellow is "extended local" where you get roaming charges. Good local coverage, but not as Big as Cingular's REGIONAL plan. Our regional plan has the coverage of your orange and yellow areas PLUS some. Cingular even offers a "METRO" plan that covers about the same area as your LOCAL coverage, but you get almost twice as many minutes for the money.
tomweston713

Jul 12, 2004, 3:04 PM
again i will say that if you live in new england your hca is all of new england and down to nj our local plans offer blanket coverage depending on where you live... as long as your call is placed from your local home calling area than there is no roaming or long distance charges to call anywhere in the country, hope this clarifies the confusion..
greyrat

Sep 18, 2004, 3:29 AM
CainMarko said:
Um no it's NOT FALSE.

The Local plan in the 10001 zip code is EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED. LOOK AT YOUR OWN MAP,TOO.

Your map:
http://www.attwireless.com/global/maps/coveragemap.j ... »

The orange is the local area with no roaming... the yellow is "extended local" where you get roaming charges. Good local coverage, but not as Big as Cingular's REGIONAL plan. Our regional plan has the coverage of your orange and yellow areas PLUS some. Cingular even offers a "METRO" plan that covers about the same area as your LOCAL coverage, but you get almost twice as many minutes for the money.

You are spinning bs here. the ORANGE area on the map in ques...
(continues)
coldsteel

Nov 10, 2004, 12:35 PM
Um, he JUST said that...
pizpiz80

Nov 10, 2004, 12:40 PM
Trust me there's no point in arguing with Cain. He's supposedly knows all. 🙄
coldsteel

Nov 10, 2004, 1:05 PM
Actually, I'm AGREEING with Cain. He said exactly the same thing the other dude said, but said it first.
CainMarko

Nov 13, 2004, 3:39 PM
people who pay attention RULE!!!
coldsteel

Nov 10, 2004, 1:09 PM
CainMarko said:
The orange is the local area with no roaming... the yellow is "extended local" where you get roaming charges.

greyrat said:
You are spinning bs here. the ORANGE area on the map in question is your coverage area. the YELLOW is a roaming area. If your phone remains in the coverage area there would be no roaming charges on the bill. I don't know why this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Looks like you two said the EXACT same thing...
pizpiz80

Nov 10, 2004, 1:14 PM
I know i was just telling the other guy that there's no use in arguing with Cain.
greyrat

Sep 18, 2004, 3:20 AM
yet again wrong... attws local plans offer coverage in a predetermined area (the coverage maps are availible on the aws website) and roaming is NOT charged within those areas.
greyrat

Sep 18, 2004, 3:17 AM
Get More Plus 59.99 1000 Whenever minutes, Unlim N&W. No M2M ☹️

Nextel:

Nextel National Value 1000 $59.99 unlimited n&w, 100 direct connect minutes.

Cingular:

59.99 850 ROLLOVER MINUTES, Unlim M2M( nationwide, not just in your home area), Unlim N&W as well.

These are comparing National Plans in the 10001 zip code. Tmobile, and Nextel offer more ANYTIME minutes, but no m2m and both have much smaller networks. Sprint's plans they came up with to compete with Rollover plans are a joke. Keep trying Sprint. ATTWS and VZW both offer very similar plans to Cingular's Nation plan. You get 50 more minutes with ATTWS and 50 less with VZW. You get Unlim n&w and unlim m2m with all three... here's the difference. Cingular's M2M...
(continues)
mysticfeline03

Oct 20, 2004, 4:55 PM
hehehe gotta love comparisions....but will it shut up the roll over baby ??? 😈
Acedith

Oct 20, 2004, 4:56 PM
i think the rollover baby might have already changed his tune.
😛
mysticfeline03

Oct 20, 2004, 4:45 PM
you are so full of it ...wherever you got your info..shot them...roll over is a godsend...and the roll over rolls over for 12 months from the month you earned it...and i have seen accounts that have thousands of roll over because they have been rolling over there minutes for years....so dont assume you know it all about ro.... 😈
mysticfeline03

Oct 20, 2004, 4:47 PM
^5 ace 😁
Acedith

Oct 20, 2004, 4:46 PM
THAT IS THE BIGGEST LINE OF BS I'VE HEARD IN AGES.

Okay, here's the breakdown of rollover.....
You sign on with cingular, you get a new phone, two year contract, rate plan, etc... well when you get that place, it takes an entire bill cycle for it to go into effect, and then if you don't use all your minutes, they rollover... rollover is on a 12 month cycle, you rollover 200 minutes in October, if you don't use them by the following October, they will roll off. But, as with most customers, you're earning as you're losing, so its pretty much not a bad idea, especially with christmas months and bad months and family emergencies... crap, i could go on.

There is no "feature" you pay for. Rollover comes stock on the plan. If you get a plan ...
(continues)
CainMarko

Oct 21, 2004, 10:03 AM
yeah he probably gets his info from Agent Debit. 😳
Acedith

Oct 21, 2004, 1:23 PM
lol.
and as far as i can see.... he gets his info from his ass.
😛
Maarek

Oct 27, 2004, 3:12 PM
Rollover isn't perfect and it still isn't. Sometimes the minutes are not carried over or you end up paying an overage charge when you have rollover minutes stored.

To a new person to wireless, it does allow a sence of security. I've seen it alot, but most people are still cautious when using their phone and never go over even when they have a years worth of minutes built up. Even Cingular's new * Services will not calculate them.

There are 2 things I focus on when selling phones. 1) Who does your friends and family use? 2) Is there service @ your house, so you can use your night and weekend minutes @ home?
CainMarko

Nov 1, 2004, 12:50 PM
Maarek said:
Rollover isn't perfect and it still isn't. Sometimes the minutes are not carried over or you end up paying an overage charge when you have rollover minutes stored.

To a new person to wireless, it does allow a sence of security. I've seen it alot, but most people are still cautious when using their phone and never go over even when they have a years worth of minutes built up. Even Cingular's new * Services will not calculate them.

There are 2 things I focus on when selling phones. 1) Who does your friends and family use? 2) Is there service @ your house, so you can use your night and weekend minutes @ home?

The *service has been updated to show rollover balances. I have seen instan...
(continues)
mysticfeline03

Nov 3, 2004, 9:04 PM
gotta love a person that will complain about a free feature like the star services..its there to make it a little easier for customers to manage their minutes not another open door to unearned credits....but that just my opinion 😈
Big Poppa

Sep 23, 2004, 12:09 PM
I can't stand all these consumer reports say this, and JD Power says that.. They are all GARBAGE in my opinion..

Their is a article somewhere that said Virgin Mobile had the top ranking network, while Sprint PCS rated as having one of the worst networks.. Answer me this, HOW can Sprint PCS rate as having one of the WORST, when Virgin Mobile USES the Sprint PCS network for it's service!!! It does not make any sense to me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.