Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Confirmed Alltel in negotations to purchase Sprint!!!

AlltelCSR07

Apr 12, 2008, 9:28 PM
I heard from a very reliable source close to the negotiations. Ill update when I hear more. 🤤
ac4321

Apr 13, 2008, 3:03 PM
Well, until there are reliable *public* sources then "confirmed" it is not.
😛
X_MOSES_X

Apr 16, 2008, 1:27 PM
👿 👿 👿 Your source is a pile of flaming glittery ball sacs who have no Idea what they are talking about. Spint has just hired a new CEO on top of that they don't need any help from Alltel at all. Alltel has a reputation for being small and slow and slightly to the left. There are no negiations.. Kill that noise.. That is why this is the rumor forum.....Quit making up sh...t Look in RCR Wireless Magazine for your sources..
took

May 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hasnt Sprint/next gone through a couple CEO's as of late? As i understand it thats the way they have been "fixing" their problem. 🙄 its the last guys fault.
SprintSBA

Apr 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
Is this Chad playing a joke....??? Because Chad is the only person dumb enough to think that Alltel will ever be able to buy Sprint....plus he has that ridiculous haircut. 😁
DE 2 Philly

Apr 14, 2008, 10:11 PM
Dont think it can happen + it wont happen.
matrix2004

Apr 14, 2008, 10:47 PM
Alltel couldn't afford to even buy one Sprint store LOL.
yoboy8

Apr 15, 2008, 2:21 PM
stocking up on money sense they became private, and are in the position to make that move, i also have heard this through the vine! Alltel can do this.... 😎
Thales

Apr 15, 2008, 4:17 PM
Alltel has previously made an offer to Sprint, which was rejected. Alltel is in the process of making another offer. Unsure of specifics.

"Alltel couldn't afford to even buy one Sprint store LOL." -matrix2004

Right. Considering the fact that Alltel boasts an almost non-existent debt-to-income ration it is in the perfect position to snap up a flailing Sprint.

-fin
Thales
Kagehiru

Apr 15, 2008, 4:33 PM
Sure, but that has little bearing on whether they would be able to successfuly absorb the massive restructuing that Sprint requires.
stormcell

Apr 15, 2008, 5:11 PM
Kagehiru said:
Sure, but that has little bearing on whether they would be able to successfuly absorb the massive restructuing that Sprint requires.

I totally agree. Alltel is Debt Free with several million in assets. I highly doubt that Alltel has what it takes to handle Sprint though. Flailing is exactly what Sprint is.. JMHO
mediaempyre

Apr 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
😎 I only wish I could get a VP job working for Sprint. They must all be in Bermuda right now living off of the millions they made before it all went to hell. The top 5 people at Sprint squandered the best of the wireless business when they got Nextel, and now they have no clue what to do.
Thales

Apr 15, 2008, 5:23 PM
Apparently they think they are to. Straight from the mouth of a regional VP.

-fin
Thales
X_MOSES_X

Apr 16, 2008, 1:35 PM
Alltel is still trying to figure out what text messaging, and data are. Try asking yourself... why write something this dumb. It is more believable that you would win the presidency over Alltel buying Sprint. Trust me you are dumb enough to become president.
everythingwireless1

Apr 23, 2008, 8:15 AM
Moses what is so stupid about thinking Alltel could buy sprint? Im sure everyone and there brother said Sprint buying Nextel was a stupid rummor why would a CDMA carrier buy a carrier thats on IDEN that seemed pretty stupid and rightfully so because Sprint's reports and stocks have been reflecting that. I like sprint and think that it will be easy for them to get back on track with all the new programs like WiMax comming out. But lets be honest right now with the stock the way it is the company is ride for a takeover!
gldnhrtrblfst

Apr 23, 2008, 8:51 AM
I agree with you that spint is in a good position to be taken over. I disagree with the idea that you think alltel would be able too. Your talking about a carrier whos main market is i believe MICHIGAN. Nothing against the state but Alltel would have to deal with multible times their current subscribers if they moved into the north east, a falling stock price, and you know damn well if sprint goes through another merger there going to lose probabally a quarter of their customers.
There's no way Alltel will be buying sprint in the near future
X_MOSES_X

Apr 23, 2008, 9:19 AM
The new CEO for sprint Dan Hesse will turn things around. He is strait forward and has vision. Yes there has and will be more layoffs, but Sprint has had plenty of offers and has turned all of them down. Why?? you ask... because Sprints network is not the problem it is already the best. It is Customer care which is the focus of this companies comeback. Alltel will not be purchasing Sprint.... Yes Sprint merged with Nextel, but that was a merger. In the same way Verizon is here today. Now they might negotiate a merger with Sprint, but the name will remain. Sprint is bouncing back strong check out the stock market as of late. The only reason know one is making huge profit is due to our greedy president Bush. But that is another argument....act...
(continues)
Jessie2002

May 1, 2008, 11:20 PM
I wondering if any one realy knows why Sprint had purchased Nextel? Any one know? Well if you look in the past Nextel was #1 for there Customer care which is why Sprint purchased nextel. There other reason to why they wanted Nextel was the Direct Connect. X_MOSES_X was right about what Sprint has done they will not sell out anytime soon with out telling the workers and the customers first.
60dollarcarcharger

May 5, 2008, 2:40 PM
i think sprint would tell their stock holder before their workers or customers
downphoenix

May 3, 2008, 9:01 PM
I'd like to hear more about this supposed acquisition. When will you tell us some more and give some sources 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.