Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 23 replies

T-Mobile's owner might consider buying Sprint

FarBeyond

Mar 7, 2008, 5:14 PM
Much beleaguered Sprint Nextel might get bought out by Deutsche Telekom, the owner of major wireless competitor T-Mobile, according to an analyst report.

In a report issued yesterday, Merrill Lynch analysts cited industry pricing as the reason why Deutsche Telekom -- the world's sixth largest telecom carrier -- might acquire Sprint Nextel, despite Sprint's operational difficulties and sinking position in the US mobile market.

Read More

http://www.betanews.com/article/TMobiles_owner_might ... »
jrfdsf

Mar 7, 2008, 7:24 PM
If combining TWO networks has been a problem, imagine trying to combine THREE!

T-Mobile doesn't have the capital to pull this off and it wouldn't be in their best interest, either
Michael Winters

Mar 8, 2008, 2:21 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

yeah! youre absolutely correct!

would three CEO's fit 1 company? ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•
jrfdsf

Mar 8, 2008, 2:24 PM
Michael Winters said:
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

yeah! youre absolutely correct!

would three CEO's fit 1 company? ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•

Yeah, their theme song would be: "Three Blind Mice, See How They Run."
DE 2 Philly

Mar 8, 2008, 9:18 PM
Customer care issues---1. If Cutomers werent so retarded and read their bills everymonth there wouldnt be a need for so much calling to customer care.

Thats Sprints biggest reason for declining is customers leaving due to customer care etc. Sprints coverage/dropped calls is w/in 1% of anyone elses and they have better Data, better Unlimited plan now, Direct Connect options, and they are coming out w/ Sanyo & Samsung phones w/ DC built into them. PLUS WIMAX is coming out soon which will blow all other carrier data out the window (like Sprint does already)... theres a lot of potential out there for a positive year for Sprint.
honeysuckle03

Mar 8, 2008, 10:58 PM
๐Ÿ˜
correct..
Hombre07

Mar 8, 2008, 11:11 PM
All customers are retarded and can't read their bills. So why can every other carrier take care of their customers and not Sprint?
OldCellPro

Mar 9, 2008, 1:10 PM
Right there is Sprint's real problem... the corporate culture at sprint, in sprint's stores, dealers, customer care etc is that customers are retarded, have stupid questions, and are generally cross-eyed drooling idiots that shouldnรƒยขรขโ€šยฌโ„ขt be bothering sprint's employees with their silly questions and concerns much less trying to operate a piece of technology.

Well if Sprint and its employees want us retards to keep paying them money every month then they will have learn how to handle customer service in a way that makes people believe that Sprint wants to keep our business. Until then Sprint will only keep losing cash and customers.
Michael Winters

Mar 9, 2008, 3:03 PM
unfortunately...

we have to DEAL with silly and ULTIMATELY obvious questions ...

๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Michael Winters

Mar 9, 2008, 3:03 PM
๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
Michael Winters

Mar 9, 2008, 3:04 PM
๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
Hombre07

Mar 9, 2008, 11:48 PM
You say it like Sprint is the only carrier with customers that ask questions. Are you saying that all AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Altell, Cricket, Boost, Virgin Mobile, Tracphone and any other company all get customers who understand their bills, their phones, and don't have any questions. No. Other companies know how to give customer service. So what's stuck up Sprint's ass?
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 10:52 AM
Where did you guys get the confirmation that these companies owe u something? ๐Ÿ˜• You have a cell phone by choice. Most people make them their priorities, and get it twisted as if you're doing the company a favor. ๐Ÿ™„
That's like getting a loan for a home or car and when it's time to pay up people are like ' Well they're lucky they getting their money, this house/car is falling apart on me why should I have to pay?' That's when people tend to forget what a contract stands for and say they never signed a contract, their cousin Billy or someone else signed it. That goes to customers getting mad because they have PIN numbers on their account. Who gets MAD at a company for trying to protect their security? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

I've seen a lot ...
(continues)
Donna FireHammer

Mar 12, 2008, 5:51 PM
right on sister...that's what i deal with day in and day out!
mellowlen62

Mar 16, 2008, 9:40 PM
At Verizon, nothing is free, but we stay because they have great service and even greater customer service. I guess i'm "retarded" and ask stupid questions, but they are courteous, knowledgeable, helpful, and don't have a time limit on how long it takes to help their customers. For the record, I never had a problem reading a Verizon bill, my questions were always about a phone or pda. How hard is a contract or a bill anyway? If you don't "hide" things or misinform people you wouldnt have these issues...
Hombre07

Mar 16, 2008, 9:46 PM
Again, every company has customers that think that they do owe them something. And again, why don't the other companies have problems with their customers? Still waiting on an answer to that one.
MizzSprint

Mar 25, 2008, 2:46 PM
I wouldn't be able to answer that question. I'm still trying to figure that out myself. My opinion, I think it started way back when the one time somebody bent over for a customer and it was passed on, and that's when everyone started doing the same. My opinion asfar as the other companies they put their foots down. Sprint was afraid to lose customers, now I think they're starting to realize that people usually bluff when they say they're going to leave the company, and if they do to heck with them. If you're unhappy with your service Don't stay with the carrier.
Hombre07

Mar 25, 2008, 6:16 PM
I could totally see that happening. And then Sprint does something like cancels customers if they call more than x amount of times in a month.
traegon

Mar 25, 2008, 9:30 PM
Um. You should read why that was done. We're not talking 1 or 2 times a month on that. We were talking about customers calling /45-60/ times a month. That's almost twice a day, EVERY MONTH. I guanrantee you that more people called in complaining about service and trying to milk the credit system, than people who called in with legitamate problems that weren't getting handled. (I see both)...

Either way, with that kind of calling into care, it's obvious Sprint isn't able to give the type of service the customer wants. Sprint did not charge them an ETF Fee. I was somewhat pleased to finally see Sprint do something like that.
If your calling that much to any s...
(continues)
downphoenix

Mar 12, 2008, 7:44 PM
""Right there is Sprint's real problem... the corporate culture at sprint, in sprint's stores, dealers, customer care etc is that customers are retarded, have stupid questions, and are generally cross-eyed drooling idiots that shouldnรƒยขรขโ€šยฌโ„ขt be bothering sprint's employees with their silly questions and concerns much less trying to operate a piece of technology.""

That statement couldn't be closer to the truth if it tried.

Some people really don't have any idea what they are doing and need to go back to Preschool. Don't kids learn how to use phones in that age area?

I think one of the main reasons Sprint gets a bad rep for customer service is because they are less giving to the customers whim, which I think actually shows strength i...
(continues)
VOLCOM018

Mar 20, 2008, 1:58 PM
wow, that must be why your company laid off half of its employees. If you guys could appreciate JD power and associates as well as the other half of the wireless carriers you MAY feel differently towards your customers.

remember no matter how crappy a customer can be, always remember you signed up to serve them, and without them there is no company.

๐Ÿ˜
traegon

Mar 20, 2008, 8:17 PM
Yes and if you give a customer every single thing they want, dispute, and whine about, the company makes no money and no one is employed ๐Ÿ™‚ Sprint may be to harsh with it's customers, but there is such a thing as to soft also.

Now granted, some people just dont know how to tell a customer no in a way that is non-combative or they lack confidence or try to make it grey, but still, even then there's a time to just say a simple 'no'.
Wyldchylde

Mar 8, 2008, 9:18 PM
Analysts say T-Mobile may acquire Sprint
11:49 p.m. 03/06/2008 Provided by

Mar 06, 2008 (The Kansas City Star - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Sprint Nextel may be a takeover target, according to one of the nation's largest investment banking firms.

Deutsche Telekom, owner of T-Mobile and the world's sixth largest phone company, may consider acquiring Overland Park-based Sprint to block a price war in the mobile phone industry, analysts for Merrill Lynch said today.

The Wall Street firm said Sprint's operational problems and shaky position in the U.S. wireless industry may force the company to cut prices even further to attract customers.

"In such a price war scenario, we think T-Mobile wou...
(continues)
Jayshmay

Mar 10, 2008, 10:03 AM
The 1st thing I noticed when clicking on the link was that this is something analyst are saying. not T-Mobile themselves.

But check this link out @ Boy Genius Report:

Sprint LOST $29.5 Billion in 2007

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/02/28/sprint-los ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.