Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Metro PCS in Los Angeles now - Good coverage?

llangberg

Dec 3, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm planning on switching from Verizon Wireless, and am considering Metro PCS and Boost Mobile.

I want web browsing (not just surfing - I want to be able to do things on websites just like on a computer - I don't know if that's possible) and especially to be able to send and receive e-mail messages, upload pictures, etc.

I know Metro PCS is very new in Los Angeles, and someone at my work says she has a friend who just moved here from Back East where she had Metro PCS, but that when she moved to Los Angeles, the coverage was very sketchy at best.

Has anyone tried Metro PCS in Los Angeles and used it in different parts of the Los Angeles area, and if so, with what success?
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 9:27 AM
Boost is doing unlimited stuff now that runs on the cdma network of sprint, not nextel so it might be worth checking out. I work for sprint and they are rolling out service as we speak. You can get a krzr for 130 and unlimited voice, data, and text for 55. If you want an expanded calling area its 5 bucks more but there are also regional plans too. Sprint has a 46 dollar a month 2000 anytime minute plan you can add unlimited texting and internet to making it 70 a month. Something to consider if you dont want to shell out a lot of money for an old phone.
DGD47

Dec 8, 2007, 3:04 AM
Unlimited Boost Mobile has way better call quality than metro...LA reception w/metro is choppy...Dont choose quantity over quality

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.