Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Verizon or Nextel Push to talk,, Whose better?

cookie137

Oct 30, 2003, 9:42 AM
I think nextels push to talk feature is excellent but there phone service sucks,,, Verizon push to talk service could be better but there phone service works and the reputation of verizon is everything gets better with time so watch out Nextel you have competition, and the rest of the carriers are not far behind and once anyone of them perfect there walkie talkie service nextel will be out of business, so they better start fixing there calling service and getting with the times..

Verizon by far! 😉
CheapArse

Nov 2, 2003, 7:10 PM
Where do you live Cookie?

As with all carriers each service provider has good coverage or bad dependant on what city you have service in.

I have heard both sides of the coin and also used all service providers and currently in the Detroit area I found that Nextel offers the best service for my needs.
Now in your state or city you might have different results.

Also as you stated with time everything gets better, wouldnt that also hold true for other service providers?

Too many people defend their service provider tooth and nail for what?

I have found out from using cell phones since 1986 (Large Bag phone was my first mobile phone) that choose what your needs are, choose the phone you desire within your budget and enjoy your s...
(continues)
cookie137

Nov 4, 2003, 11:51 AM
I live in NYC and I also Have had alot of carriers and you are 110% correct, depending upon your neds thats how you choose cellular provider. In NYC if you dont travel alot then basically any provider would do for regular service and they all have there ups and downs and ins and outs. But i prefer quality and thats what Verizon gives me. Some people prefer stylish phones. I dont knock anyone for there preference but this my opinion and thats why i asked who do YOU think is better? 😁
wireless1

Nov 6, 2003, 3:21 PM
verizon , hands down. ive tried all the carriers and also worked for them. when verizon bought out GTE , it was a great move on there part. like i tell customers, "WHATS MORE IMPORTANT, LOOKS OR SERVICE???" stylish phones are what they are, just stylish. if u wanna play games, go buy a playstation. if u wanna take pixs, go buy a digital camera. a phone is a phone. just talk. not everyone gonna agree w/ me. but like they say everyones got their own opinion. 😈 😈 😈 😈
jrobinson

Nov 6, 2003, 4:32 PM
When it comes to PTT it would be Nextel hands down. Even if you work for Verizon you would realize that the VZ PTT is not so fast and lags often.
StarrWulfe

Nov 10, 2003, 1:51 PM
dont forget to throw Sprint into the mix! Readylink debuts nest week ~11/17. I've tried it and found it to be consistently 2 seconds in lagtime compared to NexTel, but never the 6~8 seconds of VZW. It was supposed to come out in September, but due to VZW's PTT coming out and geting bad reviews, SPCS chose to re-test and re-work some things. 😎 It works everywhere Sprint works.
BigKippa

Jan 2, 2009, 9:59 PM
Not to argue with you, but it's not called ready link, it's qchat and it has been out for months now, you can go in any sprint store and pick up a q-chat phone. It's the same technology that Verizon uses based on the Rev-A network. Now considering that Gizmodo just released an independent report that recognizes Sprint's Rev-A network as superior to all others I guess that would prove that Sprint's push to talk is better than Verizon's, but neither is comparable to Nextel's, whose is international, can work of network with absolutely no towers, is fast as hell, and has better group connect options and features and is cross compatible with q-Chat. They are building out the Nextel network finally and have a lot of new handsets planned for 20...
(continues)
filerx

Jan 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
Nextel Direct Connect on Sprint rocks!
bigdfan70

Jan 3, 2009, 11:20 AM
sprint has the best priced plans hands down kills verizon by average of 20.00 on every plan and network is as good also to many people buy into that verizon crap on there comercials about there network,its crap sprints network is as big and plans are wayyy cheaper!
filerx

Jan 3, 2009, 11:26 AM
Plus Sprint's HPPT/PTT is sub second. No one comes even close to that time.
filerx

Jan 2, 2009, 8:40 PM
Hands down people...Nextel's PTT is the fastest PTT out there in the market.
SKullKapa

Jan 2, 2009, 9:01 PM
Neather
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 6:50 PM
Nextel has no delay. Verizon is terrible... just my opinion. There is no comparison. I have used both.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.