Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 18 replies

New StarTAC???

want2know

Nov 14, 2004, 2:42 PM
a friend said something about hearing a new StarTAC was coming out soon. Anyone know if this is true?
pizpiz80

Nov 14, 2004, 2:50 PM
the only one ive seen is on-

http://www.wirelessimports.com »
jas259871

Dec 31, 2004, 10:25 PM
hehe thats not going to happen
Rich Brome

Nov 14, 2004, 5:42 PM
Yes, but for Asia only. It's been out for a while, actually.
bmore

Nov 16, 2004, 12:43 AM
why would they release such a great phone ONLY in asia motos have sucked ever SINCE star tacs imo theyd clean up with this anniversary edition i guess well never see it in the US? whats that 2g price tag about too? cant even imagine 2gs for a phone
Rich Brome

Nov 16, 2004, 1:01 AM
Wireless Imports has it for $1599:

http://www.wirelessimports.com/ProductDetail.asp?Pro ... »

It's a Korean phone. Unless you get it from Wireless Imports, you'd literally have to go to Korea to get it. They're pretty much the only ones doing these kind of imports.

Also, if you got it from Korea yourself, the voicemail indicator, text messaging, and caller-ID wouldn't work on Verizon's network. Wireless Imports re-programs the phones so all of that works with Verizon.

So that's what you're paying $1599 for - an exclusive import and custom programming. If you really want a phone no one else has, or just really want a "new StarTac", it's certainly one way to go.
bmore

Nov 16, 2004, 1:24 AM
i hear that so motorolla probally will never release it over here stateside that sucks so bad that we get crap phones o well if you think of any other ways let me know thanks!!
WirelessImports

Nov 16, 2004, 3:23 AM
$1599 is the commmon price we charge for the StarTac Aniversary Edition. However we do have special prices on all of our handsets for all Phonescoop.com members.

On the top right of our page http://www.wirelessimports.com there is a place to type in a "Group Code". Type "Phonescoop" and you will notice the prices of most the phones drop.

The Star Tac VIP is at $799 for phonescoop readers which is about half off.

Rich, thanks again for helping out our credibility.
pizpiz80

Nov 16, 2004, 10:51 PM
I advertise your site all the time as an indirect agent. Do i get more of a discount? 😁 it's worth asking...
Big Poppa

Nov 18, 2004, 4:26 PM
How much are the phones without the PRL's loaded? I can load my own PRL, and also change the ESN on it to work on Sprint.
WirelessImports

Nov 18, 2004, 4:41 PM
We do not sell the phones without PRLs being loaded. Also, they will not work with Sprint since Sprint uses 1900Mhz and these handsets are only 800Mhz.
Xanderk

Jan 5, 2005, 5:11 PM
Actually sprint uses 800/1900. If thats the case and you can only use the 800 mhz band then you can't use it for verizon as well because they use 800/1900 band as well.
theLGman

Dec 10, 2004, 7:19 PM
Lol. Relax guys... the Motorola Rep I spoke to a recent VZW Launch told me that Verizon will be carrying a new version of the StarTAC. Whether it looks similar to this one, I cant be sure. My boss held one in his hand. Its coming... patience!
sammy2

Jan 4, 2005, 5:48 PM
I'm still using my old one and it works fine in Colorado.
trucksmoveamerica

Feb 19, 2005, 9:17 AM
If they keep it a trimode phone, cant think of a better phone to get, the startacs were one of the best phones I have ever had. The lg4400 is as close as you can get to one of those on today's phones.
bigdaddyjay

Feb 19, 2005, 10:38 AM
I used to have a startac 7868 tri mode and it was the shiznit. I had a Moto 720 but it was replaced with a 730 which I actually like. My wife has the LG 6000 and doesn't like it in rural areas due to it being dual band but my Mom and her Boyfriend us the 4400 and both like them.
bigdaddyjay

Feb 19, 2005, 11:11 AM
I just read in another thread that Moto is going to have another Startac phone for Verizon this year.
trucksmoveamerica

Feb 19, 2005, 1:08 PM
hope it is a trimode, and hope moto dont try to put a damn camera in it. Lets cross our fingers that moto will keep to the basics, for a change a phone for the average person. Motorola, can you hear us, no camera in the startac, and trimode.....make it a useable phone...

and for those that dont think we need trimode, so what if it is trimode, either way it will work for all people, digital or analog, cant see anything wrong with that.
verizonmatt

Jun 9, 2005, 5:38 PM
This is actually aready for sale in aisa I believe. Have seen it online somewhere a few months ago!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.