Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 9 replies

AMP'd is all but gone, is Helio next???

CellCraxy01

Jun 6, 2007, 12:33 PM
Is the end in sight for monthly MVNOs such as AMP'd and Helio??

AMP'd is very close to shutting the doors and I wonder if rival competitor Helio is close behind?!?
BigShowJB

Jun 6, 2007, 1:45 PM
next but not for a while
sangyup81

Jun 6, 2007, 2:32 PM
Well Amp'd had 40% of their customers not paying. I'm sure Helio is nowhere near that bad.
chocolateman85006

Jun 6, 2007, 5:19 PM
I've used both. Amp'd is better.
sangyup81

Jun 6, 2007, 5:42 PM
maybe the network but not the customers that are on it
chocolateman85006

Jun 8, 2007, 5:20 PM
That, and the MMS feature is better.
krickt

Jun 6, 2007, 4:42 PM
I can't figure out how ANY MVNO prepaid or otherwise can make money or stay afloat.
paddyoc

Jun 6, 2007, 8:03 PM
Helio has brought more to the table than Amp'd did. They bring over phones that no other carrier offers and market towards a slightly different demographic. Amp'd.....moto razr and moto q....woohoo.... I think they have a better chance at surviving for a while. Who knows, maybe one day they will be able to start rolling out their own network....
64kwireless

Jun 7, 2007, 7:49 PM
Helio NEEDS TO VAMP UP THEIR COMMERCIALS..
THERE OWNED BY sk telecom and earthlink.. "lots of money" but as you all know ESPN mobile was a FLUKE>
we bought brand new Samsung a900 "blade"
for $45 each !!!! no joke....
and they gave you a $150 signing bonus.... Helio is great though, but we'll see
Rich Brome

Jun 8, 2007, 3:37 PM
Helio isn't in the same boat or anywhere close. They seem to understand that it takes a huge amount of money and a lot of patience to launch a major new national carrier. They're losing money, but they have huge corporate backers who planned on still being way in the red at this stage in the game. They're committed to a longer-term vision.

Amp'd is different. They don't have the same kind of backing from deep-pocketed corporate parents, and they didn't seem to appreciate just how much money and time it takes to launch a major new national carrier.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.