Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Z500a

Spartan

Sep 27, 2004, 8:09 PM
Right now I have cingular and my contract isn't up for some time, and I want a cmaera phone that also has a Push to talk feature. Here it is listed that the Z500a does have both, while the site it self does not list it having the PTT feature. So is this phone going to have PTT or not? If not do you know any other camera/PTT phones? Oh and when is the Z500a going to be released?
Rich Brome

Sep 28, 2004, 7:43 PM
The Z500a will be out VERY soon.

Technically, the phone could do PTT, but Cingular won't have the PTT service in place until next year, so the phone will initially ship without that feature. There's no point in a phone with PTT if your carrier doesn't offer the service.
Zaira317

Sep 29, 2004, 9:42 AM
yead it will be out near the end of OCTOBER
Spartan

Sep 29, 2004, 12:30 PM
wait, so if I was to buy it when it came out, and then Congular came out with the PTT next year, would it work with the phone? Or would I have to buy the phone after cingular supports PTT and they make a new version of the model?
Rich Brome

Sep 29, 2004, 12:44 PM
I don't know.

In theory, Cingular could make a firmware update available to add PTT to it. But that would be up to Cingular, and I don't if they've decided that yet. Even if they have, they could change their minds - they would have that option, I think.

Generally, don't expect it unless they promise it. So unless Cingular markets the Z500 at "PTT upgradeable" or something like that, I wouldn't expect it.

Basically, if PTT is what you're after, wait for Cingular to launch it. If you make assumptions before then, you do so at your own risk.
Spartan

Oct 6, 2004, 4:15 PM
I just checked the site and its now listed as Push To Talk underneath the specifications. Now I guess its just a matter of waiting for the phone to be released.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.