Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 31 replies

RAZR MAXX--PLEASE!

JaneDough

Feb 6, 2007, 7:39 AM
I know for a while people were posting about the RAZR MAXX but lately nothing.

Anyone have any confirmation of when Verizon is getting this AND what the price might be? I need to get a new phone quick and am really thinking this may be the one.

My other thoughts are the LG 8600, the cherry chocolate and the razr v3m. Any thoughts on any of those?

HELP!
raycarroll70

Feb 6, 2007, 1:37 PM
The nerve of some forum members to ask about the release dates of future wireless devices for the various carriers really amazes me. You know what JaneDough? I know the release date of a few of our Sprint Nextel phones soon to launched, but I don't have any intentions of releasing that information. Do you know why JaneDough? It's because that sort of information is classied as CONFIDENTIAL and PROPRIETARY. I'd recommend looking those two terms up in the Webster dictonary. You should really be shamed to having asked a question like this expecting loyal and company oriented wireless sales professionals like myself or the other forum members at Phone Scoop to pull a Judeas number.
When will these devices you mentioned be coming out to the publ...
(continues)
goodbyejack

Feb 6, 2007, 1:46 PM
HA HA HA HA HA 🤣

Your funny. You made me smile, its going to be a good day now. A little harsh, but funny.
Technologic

Feb 6, 2007, 1:48 PM
1) It's not nerve, it is curiousity.
cyberpsionic

Feb 6, 2007, 1:55 PM
Either way, nerve or curiousity, do people really think honest wireless employees are going to violated the M&Ps/T&Cs of their employment just to satisfy a forum member who very well may be a competitor? If anyone does divulge release dates and it has being issued as a PR by the wirless carrier, I hope and pray that the offending employee is immediately disciplined up to and including termination for a grave error in judgement.
raycarroll70

Feb 6, 2007, 1:57 PM
I agree with Gary. 🙂 Discipline and/or terminate all wireless employees that violate their company's T&Cs and/or M&Ps.
Technologic

Feb 6, 2007, 2:02 PM
I agree as well, but I've got the other section of my post just for you under neath the seperate post of ray due to my crapass enter key.
Technologic

Feb 6, 2007, 2:01 PM
They most certaintly didn't need to be as rude as they were. Any wireless employee would know better not to spill beans. If they do, then chances are they will get caught.

Some people though, do find out the release dates of phones, or approximations of. Asking on the forums are the best way to communicate between those who know and those who want to know.
JaneDough

Feb 7, 2007, 4:26 PM
Thank you technologic. I was merely askingi for opinions of "ballpark dates". After all, this is called the rumor mill. Never did I ask for anyone to jeopardize their job NOR did I ask to be beat up verbally for posting exactly the type of thing that the "rumor mill" is for!!!!!!!!! I don't think that I needed to be answered like that at all. Just asking a simple question......
Technologic

Feb 6, 2007, 1:56 PM
Just because some one is interested in the release dates of phones, doesn't mean they're out to completely sabotage some one that is in a cell phone company. There intent is innocent, not malicious. So get off of your high horse and be curtious to people. It's ***'s like you that really get under my skin when they get on high horses and really have no right to be yelling anything, or claiming that other's are stupid for simple mistakes. She might not have known about the release dates of phones being confidential because she doesn't work on the inside. You should have politely informed her, not thrashed her. Deuche bag. Look that up in the dictionary, as well as kindness, maybe even take in some grammatical lessons and a change in your '...
(continues)
raycarroll70

Feb 6, 2007, 5:08 PM
I'm an urban cowboy so I have a right to ride the high horse so to speak. What dictionary did you use to spell "Deuche" as I don't believe that's an English word. If you meant Deutsch, I'm sorry but I'm Polish/Irish.
As far as trashing JaneDough is concerned, I do apologize if I can across way, but why would someone ask a question that is blatantly requesting information of an undisclosed yet confidential and proprietary nature. As far as the I Heard It Through the Grapevine" idea, the only grapevine it could be is the actual source which brings me back to the point of disciplining/terminating disloyal and unethical employees who would violate and compromise the T&Cs/M&Ps of their employment.
Technologic

Feb 7, 2007, 9:31 AM
Thank you for the apology, and no I wasn't trying to spell 'German' in German... If you don't know what it is, then well.... you don't know what it is.

Sometimes juice spills through the grapes and down the vine and there isn't much we can do about it... but that puts the information out there in the public's eye... *Shrug* She was testing to see if the wine was rich with knowledge or soured with vinegar.
Technologic

Feb 7, 2007, 9:55 AM
Douche~~ Sorry 'bout that.
ranger_highspeed

Feb 7, 2007, 4:07 PM
Deuche bag
I believe that might mean "shower bag".

Deuche is shower in german. (I believe)
De Deuche ist nicht arbeitend! 🤣

HIGHSPEED.
Analyzer

Feb 6, 2007, 2:12 PM
WHEW! I thought that these message boards were for the help of anyone that might have heard "through the grapevine" of any knowledge of phones whether it be release dates , specs, whatever.

No need to pound on people for asking questions.

NOW, may we PLEASE leave the message boards to answering questions rather than degrading people for asking?

I myself would love to have early knowledge of future release dates for phones . There are plenty of people on these boards asking, not just Janedough!
Technologic

Feb 6, 2007, 4:12 PM
Just as a headsup to Jane...

The first part of my rant was the one that said, Hi raycarroll, the second was under Hi Janedough.

The rant was in no way intended for you, and I'm sorry if it was taken that way.
JaneDough

Feb 7, 2007, 4:32 PM
Also, I didn't even realize it was confidential information since I was in the Verizon store last week and a few of the salesmen were talking to me about this new RAZR that was coming out in the next few weeks. SO, apparently it isn't that big of a secret. Also, since Motorola leaked information, I really didn't think my question was so horrible.

I really don't think I deserved that type of response .
raycarroll70

Feb 7, 2007, 8:08 PM
😎
Crapbag

Feb 7, 2007, 10:59 PM
😎 = Cool

Being an a** does not = 😎
raycarroll70

Feb 7, 2007, 11:32 PM
I tell it like I see it and let the cards fall where they do.
Crapbag

Feb 8, 2007, 1:04 PM
Where in lies you problem. Sometimes the way you see things isn't accurate. If you persist to a single closed perspective you only get a portion of the big picture. You were acruate in what you said. You problem is that visitors to this site don't know what restrictions we have. If you look at it from their point of view you would see the error in your reaction. As a salesman you should be experienced in looking at things from a consumers point of view.
txsolitaire

Feb 9, 2007, 12:54 AM
yay for the cellphone zealot!

seriously, lol, that post made me laugh out loud at the absurdity of it.

OMG WE CANT LET THEM KNOW WHEN OUR PHONEZ COME OUT THEY MIGHT GET THE UPPER HAND!!!! ITS A WARRRRRRRRRRRR!

please, you're a tool.
kreeves

Mar 3, 2007, 5:49 PM
RayCarrol70-

Your response to JaneDough is rude and unnecessary, and makes you look more like a huge jerk whom I would never take my business to then the highly ethical person you were so clearly painting yourself to be.
If you think that this display of your 'loyalty' and 'devotion' to your company paints you as an asset, I would have to argue that if you were my employee I would fire you on the basis of your response alone. Your response was degrading and horrible.
I would understand your explaining in a PROFESSIONAL manner your reasons for withholding information, and even respect that, but you also need to know that most customers do not understand that such information is to be kept confidential. Most customers would assume th...
(continues)
VZ Ridiculous

Feb 8, 2007, 5:38 AM
The Moto v3m and the LG chocolate are two of the worst phones put out by those manufacturers. I say this because of the influx of troubleshooting calls we deal with in regard to those particular phones. Stay away from them. The 8600 by LG can do everything that the other two phones can do with more reliability and durability.
JaneDough

Feb 9, 2007, 8:16 AM
Thanks to all the people that sent posts that were worth reading. I appreciate any input. Thanks also to those who actually had to defend me in my post. It is unfortunate that defending was necessary but I certainly appreciate it.

NOW, when is that Motorazr MAXX coming out ! ! ! LOL 😁
IUFan

Feb 13, 2007, 11:32 PM
My V710 wasn't working right today. I called *611 and asked about the RAZR MAXX. The representative told me that they have limited product literature on the MAXX, and that normally means the phone will be coming out in about two weeks. She put me on hold, and when she came back, she said that she had spoken with one of the techs. He told her that the phone was supposed to be announced by the end of February! I don't know if this will actually happen, but it sounds a somewhat promising.
JaneDough

Feb 16, 2007, 7:53 AM
At the sheer risk of stirring up trouble which certainly is not my intention, I wondered if anyone has had any new news about the MAXX. I recently read that within a few days after Valentine's Day it will be coming out . I don't know if that is accurate but just thought that I'd mention what I read.
cyberpsionic

Feb 16, 2007, 9:21 AM
I think this forum member summed it up best JaneDough.
http://www1.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

He hits the nail squarely on the head JaneDough. Loyal wireless employees aren't going to spill the beans on any of their products and services until an offical public release is issued by the company's corporate communications department. Why risk your job just to satisfy a customer's curiousity. In this case, curiosity will kill the cat and unlike cats, wireless employees don't have nine lives.
JaneDough

Feb 16, 2007, 9:24 AM
Let's not start this up again. I was not asking anyone to jeopardize their job. I was merely asking if wireless CUSTOMERS might have heard anything as I had read on other boards. If you work for a wireless company, then please exclude yourself from the curiosity. BELIEVE ME, I don't want nor need anyone employee to jeopardize their job. I know plenty of people that work for Verizon (both salespeople and execs) and if I was asking anyone to let me in on a secret of their job, I'd ask them.

Please do not start this thread accusing me of asking you important wireless employees to jeopardize your jobs. Seriously, I don't want to know your job secrets just like you don't want to know mine.
EUROCARLOV

Mar 8, 2007, 3:43 PM
JaneDough-

Please do not apologize. You did nothing wrong. Its not up to any user of this board to tell someone what they should post regarding potentially confidential information. If a wireless employee wants to jeopardize their position by posting sensitive information or "trade secrets", then so be it. Not your problem or anyone else's to worry about. I, for one, enjoy the scoop and frankly that's why we're all here.

Keep on posting JaneDough. 😁
ABLINDKID

Apr 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
i have the lg8600 and i love it, it doesnt have the defects that the razer has, great battery life, great software, awesome camera, (but no flash) and a great mp3 player go for it

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.