Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

WireFly...?

HammerDown

Nov 12, 2006, 12:40 PM
Has anyone done business with this on-line company?
Seems like some good deals on products!
Good~Bad...?
Thanks for any info.
WhoDey

Nov 12, 2006, 3:24 PM
Well theyre an indirect, online Etailer.

Hope you dont have any issues with the phones you buy there within the return period, and hope you dont plan on getting your rebates back.
Inphonic (DBA wirefly) was recently sued for fradulent rebates, and even if you DO get them, theyre very specific, you ahve to have your phones for 6 months, send in copies of your first 6 bills, cant change your number, cant have missed payments, etc. etc.

Matter of fact, here it is from their site.
Purchase the Palm Treo 700p (Multimedia Phone) with a Sprint PCS calling plan from Wirefly.com.

2. Complete the rebate form included with your phone shipment (or available on www.whereismyorder.com once your order ships) and include the following documenta...
(continues)
HammerDown

Nov 12, 2006, 10:36 PM
WhoDey said:
Well theyre an indirect, online Etailer.

Hope you dont have any issues with the phones you buy there within the return period, and hope you dont plan on getting your rebates back.
Inphonic (DBA wirefly) was recently sued for fradulent rebates, and even if you DO get them, theyre very specific, you ahve to have your phones for 6 months, send in copies of your first 6 bills, cant change your number, cant have missed payments, etc. etc.

Wow...glad I asked questions. A friend just delt with them. Went with Cingular and a free phone...so far so good. However he didn't have to deal with any rebates!
mharvey

Nov 14, 2006, 10:50 AM
I bought two Sprint Katana phones from Wirefly. The phones did come but Wirefly is very difficult to deal with. The customer service is horrible. It is very difficult to get them on the phone (very long hold times) and they do not often understand english very well.

Do not buy a phone that requires a rebate from Wirefly. My phone had a rebate from Sprint which may be ok but Wirefly / InPhonic are notorious for denying rebates.

Also watch out for them sticking you with a charge for "Device Protection". They will offer to sign you up for a $50/year plan to protect your phone. I did not sign up and I have a printed copy of my receipt to prove it. That did not stop them from adding the charge to my order after the fact. They have b...
(continues)
HammerDown

Nov 14, 2006, 5:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback...I'll stay awayyyyyy! 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.