Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Which service should i go to?

wratha411

Apr 14, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hey im a verizon wireless user right now, but im dissapointed in the lousy selection of phones it has. Also, it takes too long for phones to go through their testing process. My dad wants to get a good camera phone, so he can snap and send them to my family fast and my dad also likes the walkie talkies that nextel has. My familys contract has ran up and my dad has given me the choice to where we should switch our service too. Right now im stuck between nextel and sprint. I like nextel becuase it has the walkie talkie phones and all my friends have them, therefore it could make it easier to talk to them. I know sprint has it too, but no one else has it around me. I also like Sprints camera phones too and i think it would be good to go to spri...
(continues)
southwestcomm

Apr 14, 2004, 7:16 PM
Nextel will have a camera phone out later this fall. Stick with it and upgrade when the phone comes out.
1pcverizon1

Apr 29, 2004, 6:45 PM
verizon is supposed to get a walky talky camera ph this year. and beware of preety phones with companys with poor coverage its like buying acar with great stero and other features but lousy transmition.
mmdstech

Apr 29, 2004, 6:48 PM
1pcverizon1 said:
verizon is supposed to get a walky talky camera ph this year. and beware of preety phones with companys with poor coverage its like buying acar with great stero and other features but lousy transmition.

3rd grade education at work.
dsmith5237

May 8, 2004, 10:22 PM
Go with Sprint. We have the Sanyo 8200, camera phone with Ready Link(walkie-talkie) capability, Vision, and SMS text messages, etc. It's a Sanyo, so it's got great signal strength and battery life. Go with a Free & Clear America package which allows you to roam without charge for up to half your minutes on another carrier's towers in the event that you are not near a metro area.
kx500

May 9, 2004, 10:44 AM
Go with Nextel. Great CS,low drop and block calls, great call clarity. Direct Connect is the best. Once you start using it, it's addicting.
phonepimp3376

May 11, 2004, 5:24 PM
exactly. If you want a walkie talkie that will not allow you to get ANY KIND OF SIGNAL off their network, want to tick off Law Enforcement officials and other emergency service providers, want to pay WAY too much per minute, and want the best handsets from three major vendors - Motorola, Motorola and Motorola... then go for Nextel.

Otherwise, ask yourself... do I really need a walkie talkie if my friends have PHONES? If that's not the case, then your options broaden. Verizon has PushNWait, Sprint has their PTT product, and Cingular is in final testing with a PTT solution with test times dangerously close to Nextel. So if walkie talkie isn't your deciding factor, get the best coverage you can and a reliable phone with the rest of the featu...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2020 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.