Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 19 replies

HTC Incrdible or Samsung Facinate?

Jimbo7373

Apr 18, 2011, 4:18 PM
I'm getting ready to upgrade to my first Android phone and cannot decide which one to get. I have read reviews on both of these phones and they both seem great. Any sugestions?
Black_Beard

Apr 18, 2011, 7:30 PM
I think droid X or if you have money the thunderbolt.
If its between the those two tho id go with the incredible. 😁
jazzy504

Apr 21, 2011, 1:24 PM
hi everyone i ma bored at work
AccessoryGeeks

Apr 19, 2011, 1:01 PM
I would go with the Fascinate. Bigger screen with super AMOLED. All the other specs are pretty much identical.
peacebe2me

Apr 20, 2011, 9:50 AM
I had the fascinate. It ran on the 2.1 OS. Was slow, couldn't watch embedded videos. I charged it 6 times a day. Literally! 7-8 times didn't surprise me especially if I used the camera a lot. It was also slow in sending/ receiving anything. I think a lot of this would change if the upgraded the OS. But seems as if once they had my money, I didn't matter any more.

Dh has the Droid x & I have the HTC thunderbolt. I would highly recommend one of them over the fascinate.
CellStudent

Apr 20, 2011, 5:31 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

I love Android, but I hate my Fascinate.
cstone

Apr 20, 2011, 5:56 PM
I have heard quite a few people with complaints about the Galaxy S line. I haven't used them much myself other than just fooling with friends phones a little bit and they have all seemed fine to me, but many of the issues I have heard about are not something you would really notice unless you used the phone every day.

I love my Eris which is basically what the Incredible was based off of and is also made by HTC so I would feel very comfortable recommending the Incredible.
BMDroid

Apr 20, 2011, 6:02 PM
Oooook guy on internet with 'cellstudent' for a name. I am the teacher.
cstone

Apr 20, 2011, 7:33 PM
Haha... I wouldn't disrespect CellStudent. He is one of the more knowledgeable people on this site.
BMDroid

Apr 21, 2011, 9:59 AM
Yeah I'm willing to take my chances disregarding his unsourced completely made up and valueless opinion.
cstone

Apr 21, 2011, 2:41 PM
I wasn't trying to say you need to listen to his opinion, but of all the people on this forum he does not deserve disrespect for sharing it.
peacebe2me

Apr 21, 2011, 6:05 PM
Just curious, and I hope I don't regret asking. But is it all Samsung phones? And why?
OrionsVantage

Apr 21, 2011, 6:31 PM
No, it just looks like he has a beef with the AMOLED screen. Personally i don't mind mine one bit.
llama

Apr 21, 2011, 2:59 PM
I disagree.
cstone

Apr 21, 2011, 7:53 PM
You are free to disagree but that doesn't make you right 😉
llama

Apr 22, 2011, 12:46 PM
nor you.
OrionsVantage

Apr 21, 2011, 11:36 AM
Fascinate gets 2.2 starting today, so take that argument out. Also, DInc has battery life thats equivalent to the fascinate as well.

The only two major differences between these phones are form factor and UI. Pick the one you like the best.
peacebe2me

Apr 21, 2011, 12:14 PM
MIL & SIL both have the fascinate. They got thier OS upgrades today. They are faster, but not sure if it improved battery life.
hobble

Apr 22, 2011, 3:11 PM
I would much rather have my HTC. Can't put cyanogen on a motorola easily. My 15 dollar extended battery improved my battery life greatly.
lovo

Apr 26, 2011, 12:09 PM
okay okay okay if you are a fan of android and want to have the latest and greatest software from android as soon as it comes out then dont get samsung and if your a google fan dont get the samsung as its loaded with bing instead of google maps and other google services other than that its fine

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.