Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 40 replies

looking for new cell phone company

spackle

Jan 26, 2011, 6:31 AM
which cell company offers the best plan for unlimited voice, texting and no roaming fees?
what about for net surfing--and unlimited data packages? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•
bluedrummer27

Feb 2, 2011, 6:49 PM
Sprint's plan is the best. It's 79.99 and includes unlimited calling to ANY cellphone no matter what company they are through, unlimited texting (pic/vid mail), unlimited internet, unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7pm, roaming is included so there's no charges for it. And it has 450 anytime minutes, but with the any mobile anytime (unlimited calling to ANY cellphone) those 450 minutes are only used for calling landlines, and any roaming calls you make are pulled from there as well.

They also offer discount if you work for a company that has partnered with sprint. Their are tens of thousands of camponies that have deals with sprint. At the least, if you're a credit union member (ANY credit union) you get a 10% discount on your mo...
(continues)
Black_Beard

Feb 2, 2011, 7:39 PM
or go with t mobile as long as coverage is good in your area. sprints plan mentioned above isn't completely unlimited talk and you have to pay extra for 4g.
T-mobile
unlimited everything talk text web and 4g data for only 99.99 no roaming no long distance charges unless its international.
t-mobile also has a discount program for ten of thousands of companies. so call into buisness sales to look for one. ๐Ÿ™‚
Azeron

Feb 3, 2011, 1:36 AM
Does Sprint still offer Simply Everything? If so THAT is the plan the other guy should have offered the OP. I don't know why they keep pushing those Everything Data plans when they are not truly unlimited. If I ask you for UNLIMITED then I mean UNLIMITED NOT unlimited to cell phones.

In any event, if they still offer Simply Everything it is $99.99 for Unlimited Everything.
XMegadeathX

Feb 3, 2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah i would also have to say Sprints Simply Everythign plan is the way to go.Dont listen to these fools who say the everything data 450 is unlimited because its not.It does have unlimited calling to cellphones but you only have 450 minutes to landlines.And if your roaming then your cellphone calls are not unlimited.They pull from your minutes so in essence this is not unlimited everything.
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 5, 2011, 7:19 PM
The real question is what is best for you? By best, do you mean cheapest? coverage?

If price is what you are looking for, Sprint is best. If coverage is more important, Verizon is best.

"Best" is a debateable term.
bluedrummer27

Feb 3, 2011, 12:07 PM
Black_beard, the 79.99 includes 4G. you kinda just shot yourself in the foot there... I mean, who calls landlines all that much anymore anyway. And if I wanted to top you, I could just talk about the Simply Everything plan, which IS unlimted everything for 109.99 minus any discounts he might get.

Now you're gonna say "oh, well that's $10/mo more than t-mobile". Well, friend, Sprint is a lot bigger company with ALOT more coverage...
tzmith17

Mar 1, 2011, 4:13 PM
If hes calling in to any business like a doctors office or anything like that it is a land line. And those are the calls where you are on the phone for up to an hour at a time. Sprints 79.99 plan will hit you with tons of overage fees.
diane62374

Mar 2, 2011, 5:36 PM
I am not a cell phone seller/rep or any other affiliation, I just use one. I happen to have the plan with Sprint that is $79.99 and I have never once in more than a year and a half gone over the minutes or received any over charges. I have texted more than 7,000 texts in a month, go on facebook multiple times every day. I work a lot so I am not on other websites often, but do go on for researching when away from home!

I love my plan!
diane62374

Mar 2, 2011, 5:40 PM
And yes it is actually $69.99 plus the new $10 fee.
DiamondPro

Mar 2, 2011, 7:55 PM
Thats great... I love mine too... Sprint's the bomb. I know tmobile customers with 2 lines that pay more then I do for 3 and they have iphones so they cant even use 3g. Sprint plans are great for most consumers. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 5, 2011, 7:24 PM
so the must be using them illeagaly on Tmo's service which is why they can't use 3G...
pfbrennan

Mar 4, 2011, 2:19 PM
Diane,

Impressive -- how is the service Receive/send) ? I'm in SW Florida and in real estate -- so service is key.

Thanx
diane62374

Apr 11, 2011, 10:16 PM
Sorry it took so long to answer I don't come on here much.

For the most part the send/receive text is great! I would imagine that every provider has a text here and there that ends up in text limbo.

For call clarity and connection, I have no problem at all. I do live in the Los Angeles area, and the only problem I have is when I go through the mountain areas.

I hope that helps
cstone

Mar 1, 2011, 7:32 PM
I don't get your point about the 79.99 plan including 4g. You don't pay extra for 4g with T-Mobile so that is a moot point.

Please don't try the "Sprint has a lot more coverage" card. If you want to try that... T-Mobile has A LOT more 4G coverage. More coverage only matters if you go to those areas. In my area, no one has 4g coverage so that doesn't matter to me. I go with the one carrier that has consistent coverage around me.

To the O/P: The most important thing to look at is probably the coverage. Every carrier has strong and weak areas. Take a look at the areas that you go to. After all, who cares if your carrier has coverage in some small town in the middle of Nebraska if you live in California and have never been, and never pl...
(continues)
DiamondPro

Mar 2, 2011, 8:07 PM
Ok if you compare Sprints 79.99 plan to tmobiles you get more talk but less data and no mobile to any mobile. So it really depends on what you use more data or voice. Then do you call landlines or mobiles phones more.

Sprint has more 3g coverage. tmobile does not have 4g imo but if you feel they do. Tmobile covers 200million compared to Sprint 180million not a big difference. But if you have no 4g you will need 3g to fall back on tmobile will leave you on edge.

I agree with your 3rd response coverage in a city or state you will never travel to is irrelevant based on your personally needs and does not benefit you.

If you caught between tmobile and Sprint it would be wise to go with Sprint first they have the best return policy and ...
(continues)
cstone

Mar 2, 2011, 9:16 PM
I completely agree with you. Sprint's 79.99 plan is definitely a better deal for some people, for other's T-Mobile's plan is better. If you call 1-800 numbers or land lines much then you are probably better off with the 1500 minutes and no any mobile on T-Mobile but if you always call cell phones then Sprint is a better choice.

What is Sprint's return policy? 30 days is what T-mobile has. If you are referring to the 20 days, that is just for exchanging devices and that is extended to 30 days if you have any type of discount. Is that the difference that you are referring to?

Honestly I don't feel even LTE or WiMax at this stage should should be considered 4G, but if we are going off speed (which it seems is the general consensus right n...
(continues)
DiamondPro

Mar 8, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sprints return policy is a 30day guarantee that if you dont like the service you get all your money back. Tmobile will charge you fees.

The 14.4 tmobile is refering to is the max speed the phone can handle on hspa+ not how fast the network is. Tmobile is claiming 21mbs even 42mbs but no one is hitting these numbers on a daily basis.

Speed is not the only advantage of 4g. Lower cost, better efficiency, and more capability are also benefits 4g is ushering in. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
IrishCarBomb

Mar 8, 2011, 4:01 PM
Actually, Sprint doesn't have 3G or 4G if you want to be nit-picky. They have TWO separate 2G technologies, EVDO and WiMax. EVDO doesn't come close to actually meeting 3G specs, and WiMax has the potential to meet 4G specs, but WiMax is actually 2G WiFi technology.
DiamondPro

Mar 8, 2011, 11:16 PM
Where are u getting this info from? ๐Ÿคจ

Wimax was called 4g long before Sprint ever rolled it out. ๐Ÿ™‚
IrishCarBomb

Mar 9, 2011, 3:11 PM
No it wasn't, never has been and never will be. Where are you getting your information from? Since clearly it isn't any reputable sources.
Black_Beard

Mar 1, 2011, 8:22 PM
My bad...i don't work for sprint. But 4g with any plan is 9.99 extra. the plan you quoted is 69.99 + 9.99 for 4g.
T-mobile right now for 79.99 has 1,500 min unlimited text and unlimited 4g web for the same price.
Unlimited is only good if you use it(personally i only use 150 min a month)
Since, he is specifically asking for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING our unlimited everything plan is cheaper than sprints.
Coverage? That's why i told him to check it out. As long as its good in his area and where he's traveling what does it matter? Plus we have better/faster data coverage then sprint. So, i think you just shot yourself in the foot.
Point is do the research before buying.
dj89

Mar 1, 2011, 9:36 PM
DOesn't TMo charge an extra $10 for unlimited 4g? At least for the Defy...
cstone

Mar 2, 2011, 3:14 PM
Where did you hear that? The Defy isn't even a 4G phone... Its 3g. T-Mobile doesn't charge any more for 4g coverage regardless of which phone you pick. The only thing I can think of that may make someone believe that that 4g costs extra is that 200mb of web is $10 (on our current plans) where unlimited is $20 on our promo plans (the 1500 minute individual plan and the 3000 minute family plan) Those prices are the same whether you have a 3g or 4g phone though. Under no circumstance do we charge you extra for having a 4G phone.
vercetti

Mar 2, 2011, 8:52 PM
too bad tmo doesnt have 4G, just backhauled 3G HSPA+. Let's stick a small block chevy engine on our ford pinto, then we are fast!
Black_Beard

Mar 2, 2011, 9:56 PM
You want to start a debate about hspa+ not being 4g. What defines 4g? how are you defining it? Right now its just about speed.
Who has the fastest network right now?
t-mobile.
DiamondPro

Mar 8, 2011, 6:23 PM
Tmobile does not have the fastest network. Where are u getting that info from because its false. Sprint on avg is much faster then tmobile and you can tell your on 4g. Tmobile should do what Att has done and add the H+ to the status bar. Sprint 4g is only second to Verizon and we will see if big red can hold those numbers once they get some 4g phones to compete with Sprint's 4g phones. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
IrishCarBomb

Mar 8, 2011, 4:06 PM
And Sprint has TWO 2G networks, EVDO and WiMax, if you want to nit-pick.
DiamondPro

Mar 8, 2011, 6:25 PM
Sprint was the first and only carrier to launch a 4g network and its been that way until verizon released lte. I'm getting 10mbs on Sprints 4g network I would hardly call that 2g. Now tmobile on the other hand has their entire network made up of mostly 2g and they need to roll out more 3g.
IrishCarBomb

Mar 8, 2011, 6:38 PM
Nope, like I said, if you want to nit pick, Sprint only has 2G networks. If you don't want to count T-Mo's 10+Mbps data as 4G, because it is HSPA+, you can't count Sprint or even Verizon's stuff as 4G, as none of them are true 4G technologies.

WiMax is 2G WiFi technology. EVDO is actually a 2G technology. Real 3G technology can get up to 100Mbps, which EVDO can not do under any Rev.

So, like I said, if you want to nit pick (and at the same time hold a double standard)... you get the point I hope.

Now, if we want to just base it off speeds, then T-Mobiles 4G (HSPA+) is, as is Sprints WiMax, Verizon's LTE, and AT&T's HSPA+.
DiamondPro

Mar 8, 2011, 11:01 PM
Please show me some proof of tmobile hitting 10mbs and not at 2am or 3am. Im talkin during the day when anyone could be using the network. Sprint has more places and more customer getting top speeds of 10mbs then tmobile.

My biggest problem is hspa+ is 3g by nature, not speed or spectrum by classification. Tmobile is rebranding 3g tech as 4g. Wimax is 4g from a evolution standpoint it started from scratch and does not build off older technology. Hspa+ is patchwork to stay competitive, its more like a band-aide then a real long term solution.

Which is why DT is considering selling tmo to Sprint they know hspa+ is gonna start costing them some real $$$ when more consumer get into mobile data. The more commercials they have hyping up th...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Mar 8, 2011, 11:24 PM
But WiMax and LTE are still not 4G by your nuanced nit-picky stance.

HSPA+ actually has huge advantages over both WiMax and LTE in that it is a matter of updating backhaul and tower software. Verizon and Sprint HAVE to build a new network to get the same speeds because EVDO is already maxed out. In other words, T-Mobile has a cheaper and easy path to 4G speeds and capacity.

As well, all 3 technologies are in the same boat right now, they are not 4G and they really aren't 3G either... HSPA+ has the ability to meet all the 4G requirements with further updates, just as WiMax needs to be updated to WiMax 2, and LTE to LTE Advanced.

If want to keep calling one 4G 'fake' then you need to start calling all of them 'fake' because none of ...
(continues)
DiamondPro

Mar 9, 2011, 12:04 AM
They are not the same Speeds Sprint is overall faster and no tmobile phone is hitting those advertised tmobile speeds.

Updating backhaul and software to 3g cell sites is patchwork.

By my standards any tech that is clearly the 4th generations of new technology that has all the proven benefits and has been labeled as such from the start is 4g. Like I said Sprint had to start from scratch with Wimax so did verizon with lte which shows its the next generation of technology aka 4g. All tmobile did was patch there 3g network with more 3g equipment. Ill make a post showing you the difference in speed of Wimax vs hspa+. Hopefully then you will see just how slow tmobile is in comparison to Sprint. ๐Ÿ˜
pickles

Mar 9, 2011, 12:29 AM
DiamondPro said:
They are not the same Speeds Sprint is overall faster and no tmobile phone is hitting those advertised tmobile speeds.

Updating backhaul and software to 3g cell sites is patchwork.

By my standards any tech that is clearly the 4th generations of new technology that has all the proven benefits and has been labeled as such from the start is 4g. Like I said Sprint had to start from scratch with Wimax so did verizon with lte which shows its the next generation of technology aka 4g. All tmobile did was patch there 3g network with more 3g equipment. Ill make a post showing you the difference in speed of Wimax vs hspa+. Hopefully then you will see just how slow tmobile is in comparison to Sprint. ๐Ÿ˜
(continues)
desireuser442

Mar 3, 2011, 10:39 AM
i just think its funny no one else has said why are we fighting over these two carriers? no but i think black beard is correct check your area first but theyres always competetive plans between carriers just depends if you want cheap or quality
Devin Olphie

Mar 9, 2011, 8:04 PM
๐Ÿคค โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Black_Beard

Mar 9, 2011, 9:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ‘€
AccessoryGeeks

Apr 6, 2011, 12:53 PM
I am pretty sure that T-Mobile has the best plan for Unlimited talk, text, & data for around $70, if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure about the roaming fees though.
Black_Beard

Apr 6, 2011, 2:24 PM
You are mistaken. contract unlimited talk, text, and web 99.99. non-contract unlimited talk, text, web 79.99.

There are no roaming fees for the USA. There's only fees for international roaming.
cstone

Apr 7, 2011, 1:05 PM
No he is talking about a real plan, just one that hasn't launched quite yet. I believe it is replacing the current Promo plans, remember when they were launched they were called "holiday promotional plans" and it is now well passed the holiday season so it only makes sense that they will get discontinued.
cstone

Apr 6, 2011, 3:46 PM
That plan hasn't been launched yet, its "coming soon" according to my documents, although if you look around in these forums you can find the launch date. The downside with this plan is that you are throttled after 2GB, and the throttled speeds are pretty painful (I think they throttle you down to edge speeds.) Even with the throttling it is a very good deal for the average user however. Since the average user doesn't go over 2GB very often for most people they wouldn't even notice, but for heavy data users I personally don't recommend this plan. The promotional 1500 minute plan with unlimited text and unlimited data for 79.99 would be much better suited for data intensive users as the data would not be throttled until the standard 5GB.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.