Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Best phone for texting?

CellDawg

Nov 4, 2010, 2:29 PM
On AT&T. QWERTY keyboard preferrrably but not required. Above average reception as well because we'll (my wife and I 😁 ) be using this phone for our long distance calling. No internet, a camera would be nice but also not necessary. Thanks a lot.
sprintchickwv

Nov 4, 2010, 2:37 PM
I have a Pantech Ease. It's got a touchscreen, a full QWERTY, and a decent camera. No internet required and it's never dropped a call on me. Only $30 if you're eligible for an upgrade. 🙂
CellDawg

Nov 4, 2010, 2:44 PM
Cool, thank you very much.
sprintchickwv

Nov 4, 2010, 4:01 PM
Also, it's nearly indestructible. I dropped it facedown into a gravel ditch while going 30 mph in a golf cart and it doesn't have a scratch on it.
slolearner

Nov 5, 2010, 8:13 PM
sprintchickwv said:
Also, it's nearly indestructible. I dropped it facedown into a gravel ditch while going 30 mph in a golf cart and it doesn't have a scratch on it.

You have a fun life.
Amarantamin

Nov 5, 2010, 8:47 PM
Unless, of course, that was the highlight of said life.
This_Troper

Nov 5, 2010, 9:23 PM
Or, y'know... They were actually playing Golf.
Amarantamin

Nov 5, 2010, 9:41 PM
It's really no more exciting to watch someone play golf than it is to play it yourself.

For this reason, I believe it should be demoted from 'sport' to 'hobby'.
CellDawg

Nov 7, 2010, 7:57 PM
Anybody want to chime in on the real question? 😁
I would really appreciate it.
oprahbigNUTZ

Nov 18, 2010, 5:50 PM
And a fast golf cart
happyjoy

Nov 17, 2010, 11:40 PM
for a QWERTY keyboard phone, I suggest that you get a blackberry phone. It works simply, it's got a QWERTY keyboard, and so easy to use. Less fuss, no internet. I suggest that you get the blackberry 8520 or 8900 if you have the budget. hth!
CellDawg

Nov 18, 2010, 7:58 AM
It certainly does, and I thank you very much. You make a good point on 2 things, imo. Qwerty key board and no internet. The budget issue might hard to get around as my wife is currently out of work. How are they reception wise, do you know? Thanks again very much!
happyjoy

Nov 19, 2010, 6:22 AM
no problem CellDawg! I've got no problem with the reception of my 8900. It's also pretty sturdy and the battery lasts for a long time ;)
Fredd

Nov 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
Only problem with that rec is that a Smartphone data Plan is required on a BlackBerry.

AT&T has a wide range of Quick Messaging phones, you can look at specs online. Rebates are generally going to be available with unlimited messaging.

Several of my clients have had good experience with the Samsung Flight, heard good things about the Mythyic, too
Fredd

Nov 18, 2010, 10:49 AM
Excuse, meant Mythic

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2020 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.