Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

Keep Alltel plan or wait for Verizon.

Tom1944

Oct 8, 2008, 6:13 PM
My wife and I both have E815's with Alltel. The antenna on mine just broke off so I went back to my 810. Should we sign a new contract now with Alltel, or wait until after the merger and sign with Verizon?
ac4321

Oct 8, 2008, 6:43 PM
The merger isn't likely to be formalized until the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2009. That's just for the legal stuff. Even then, it might be months before there is any difference to the everyday customer facing parts of the business.

I guess it mostly depends on how long you think the phone will hold out. If you want to split the difference, you could find a used Alltel phone and switch service to that until there is more info about how the integration will go.
sckoisks17

Oct 9, 2008, 6:20 PM
Upgrade your phones and get a new Alltel contract, definitely. Not only will you have brand new devices, but you'll be grandfathered in to Verizon's service with your current Alltel plan when the merger sets in, whereas if you had no contract with Alltel you would be forced to switch to a VZW plan or terminate service.
fracturedpsyche

Oct 17, 2008, 9:10 AM
customers that live in areas that are to be divested will not be grandfathered into VZW service, they will have their contracts sold to other carriers based on location and competition.

depending on where you live, you may not be switched over to VZW. if you resign an alltel contract, you may run the risk of getting grandfathered into AT&T, etc.

if you want VZW over the other carrier options after alltel is gone, then it would be best to sign with them as soon as you are out of contract, or ASAP if you don't care about ETF's.
Tom1944

Oct 17, 2008, 7:30 PM
Thanks for the help. What I did was get a VE20 phone and put my wifes number on it, and put my number on her E815. We got that Circle Plan with 900 minutes and 10 people in the circle for $10 a month more than we were paying for 500 minutes. In July, I can get a phone from Verizon they said, and keep this contract.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.