Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

KX5 Antenna Adapter

Hoopty

Jul 14, 2006, 8:36 PM
Does anyone know where i can get an external antenna adapter for my kx5. My carrier is no help.

thanks

Hoopty
krickt

Jul 15, 2006, 10:35 AM
If it's like the SE44/47, it doesn't have an adapter. The port that looks like it should go to the antenna is actually a data port and should not be connected with an antenna. You can break the little antenna wire if you try. The new slider may not have an adapter, and considering how fast Kyocera phones go out, may never get one. The aftermarket companies are about 6 months behind and lately Kyocera can't keep a phone going for that long.
I've heard that the new remix is going the way of the dodo very soon, meaning they may never make an adapter for it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
k
Hoopty

Jul 15, 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the reply, I really hope your wrong. This is the 3rd phone i've gotten in 2 weeks. I work in an area that you have to use a booster and sometimes you still need analog.
Altel took the other phones back but wouldn't take back the bluetooth headset. So I would like a phone that has bluetooth, analog, and be able to hook to a smooth talker. I might be asking to much. Anyone have any idea's?

Still hoping for an adapter cable.

anyone?

Thanks
Hoopty

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.