Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 11 replies

help with micro card

little bear

Nov 9, 2007, 3:09 AM
i just bought my wife a micro sd card for phone when she plugs it into the adapter and trys to save files to it, for some reason it says device not ready its pluged in all the way, but i cant figure it out what to do any help would be nice. its a scan disk 1 gb card.
Hombre07

Nov 9, 2007, 9:36 AM
What kind of phone? And how long are you letting it sit in there before you try to transfer? It's very possible that it's really not ready.
kreesedup

Nov 9, 2007, 12:30 PM
Depending on the phone alot of times the cards need to be formated. ie, folders for music, vid.,pic's, and doc's. Some phones will do it sometimes again depending on the phone. What phone is it?
little bear

Nov 9, 2007, 1:59 PM
she has the samsung u740, i have the microsd card pluged into the sd adapter, and it wont let me transfer files to it. i can put the card into her phone and transfer pics and vids to it, but it wont let me transfer anything to it.
kreesedup

Nov 9, 2007, 2:59 PM
did you first put it in the phone ?? it should read "mem inserted" hit menu and then format card. thats the only thing I can think of.......
little bear

Nov 9, 2007, 3:08 PM
did that. then put it in the computer still wont let copy stuff to it confusing me and driving me nuts.
kreesedup

Nov 9, 2007, 3:14 PM
I really dont know after formatting it should work fine are you doing"drag & drop?" I have done it countless times find the storage device on the computer open the corresponding folder ie,.music folder for music. If that dosent work I really dont know??? sorry!
little bear

Nov 9, 2007, 3:27 PM
hmmm i am doing that maybe time to contact scandisk again.
tazdevil02

Dec 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
my phone is LG ux9400 I just bought a 1g memory card and the plug in card reader and I will see the info on the card but it can't read it or play them.
kreesedup

Nov 9, 2007, 2:43 PM
The scan d. cards come with software to format the cards if needed. Was software included (cd)?
little bear

Nov 9, 2007, 2:53 PM
no cd was inclued it was a scadisk mobile media kit. came with micor sd card the sd adapter and a mini sd .
3g-g-g-unit

Nov 12, 2007, 6:07 PM
Funny. On the SD adapter there's a little slide thing that says "Lock" go ahead and unlock that and give it another shot. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.