Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Memory cards: Nokia vs. SanDisk

CrazyRapunzel

Mar 23, 2007, 3:31 PM
Hello, I'm thinking about getting a memory card for my phone (Nokia 6126).

I'm not getting them from Nokia.com because they're way over-priced.

So I noticed on Letstalk.com that they have a cheaper brand, SanDisk, of memory cards made for Nokias.

I was curious if anyone has ever owned/used either brands. (obviously the Nokia one should work without a problem, but I'm curious if it's worth it to save a few bucks with SanDisk?)

Thanks!
xmatt02x

Mar 23, 2007, 8:04 PM
the sandisk will work just fine! no need to spend more money than you have to.
coldconfession13

Mar 23, 2007, 8:23 PM
sandisk is great
krickt

Mar 24, 2007, 1:28 PM
I've used SanDisk(who probably made the Nokia disk) and Kingston both with wonderful results.

SanDisk is the main brand (kinda like Coke for colas) of memory. It's the one brand you find almost everywhere.
CrazyRapunzel

Mar 25, 2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks! 🙂
j-bin

Mar 26, 2007, 12:56 PM
I have the same exact phone and use a ScanDisk memory card it works just fine.
raycarroll70

Mar 27, 2007, 2:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if PNY, SanDisk, Transcend and the rest of the companies that manufacturer MicroSD cards aren't buying them from the same supplier in bulk and just having their name stamped on the card as well as adapter. Look at Ralph Lauren and Izod Polo shirts. Believe it or not, Lands End manufactures the shirt for both of them and embroiders their respective logo on each one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.