Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Mac USB connection issue

yticolev

Sep 9, 2006, 5:16 PM
I've been using various Samsung handsets without difficulty for many years but now have a new problem. My original Aluminum Powerbook running 10.4.7 only intermittently is recognizing that my cellphone is connected through a USB cable. I'm reasonably sure that my laptop is recognizing that a USB device is being connected as connecting it will make wake from sleep. However, it does not show in the System Profiler.

I am not able to figure out any common denominator - it sometimes recognizes the phone, connects, and then loses the connection. When this happens, Internet Connect status will say disconnecting but never does unless I disconnect the cable and then I receive the usual device disconnection warnings. It sometimes will make the han...
(continues)
yticolev

Sep 13, 2006, 11:38 AM
Update: My Powerbook will not recognize my cellphone at all now. Other macs have no problem with the same cellphone and cable. Other USB devices work fine. I'm stumped! Any ideas anyone?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.