Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

How to see my home PC

JEBster

Jul 21, 2006, 4:31 PM
Greetings! My Verizon account is expiring in a couple months, so evaluating services. I'm going to get a XV6700 (or carrier equiv) or the Treo 700P, and really want to be able to access my home PC, mostly for pulling MP3s onto my phone, although other file transfers would be nice. Is this possible? Any particular carrier recommendations (from my experience, Verizon has best coverage, but Sprint better pricing on data)? Any advantage of running a Win mobile based PDA vs Palm for this application? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!
Data_King

Jul 25, 2006, 12:21 AM
Win Mobile 5 will allow you to sync media, files, PIM info with your PC using active sync. Sprint is allowing usages that in the long term could impact network performance. VZW is the best long term play.

I had good luck with the 6700 for email and media, but really like my Q. A little less functionality for attachments and editing but I don't use my PDA to compose business docs, that is what my $4000 lap top is for🙂

Sprint allows you to pretty much do whatever you want on their data network which sounds great until the guy next to you in the mall is hogging all of the bandwidth by streaming a TV show to his device.

Verizon has policies that limit usage but ensure consistent and good customer experience.

My 2 cents.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.