Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Is the Palm Treo 650 Compatible with the Motorola HT820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset?

BIGGIB

May 4, 2006, 12:59 PM
I've seen this on the Motorola website and was wondering if any one knew if it was compatible with the TREO 650?

http://direct.motorola.com/ens/BTStereoHS_Web_Produc ... »
celesticatfl

May 4, 2006, 4:30 PM
The compnay I work for has had the Treo650 for about 6 months. We have about 8 different BT sets, so the recommended ones we tell customers are Motrola 500, Motorola H300, Motorola HS850 and the Motorola HS820. With the understanding htat the Treo650 has Bluetooth 1.1 profiles, and requires a manual wake-up before MFB will function correctly(ie. double-tap).
The HS820 and HS850 also have the BT 1.1 profile. The others BT 1.2 profile. This really only means that with recommended pairing, audio and all advanced functions should work as designed by the manufacturer.

***As with any BT capable device, any headset will connect, however due to certain compatabilities as well as environmental and implementation issues, those suggested appear to ...
(continues)
leamin

May 5, 2006, 11:41 AM
Yes it is compatable for the voice portion of the bluetooth but you can't use it for the music side. sucks I know but the treo or any phone for that matter doesn't support the A2DP profile that you would need to send the music to the headset. Hope this helps
BIGGIB

May 8, 2006, 9:47 AM
Good News folks!! For all you Palm Treo 650 owners I have the latest on the Motorola HT820 Headset. If you go to this link palmgear.com and look for Softick Audio Gateway (http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sof tware.showsoftware&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&prodI D=11965😎 you will find the answer to all your prayers!!

With this software from Palm for about $20.00 you will be able to fully use the Motorola HT820. I just purchased it and it works PERFECTLY!! You can listen to all your MP3's on your phone or expansion card AND receive and talk on your phone!! It has a built in microphone in the headset!! This is the coolest bluetooth devise ever made!! I love it!! Trust me I took a chance and it PAID OFF!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.