Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

ADVICE NEEDED: LG VX-9800 or Treo 650

mtorbin

Nov 28, 2005, 8:07 PM
Hey all,

Currently I am using the Treo 650 from Verizion Wireless. I found myself recently using the custom features of the T650 less and less. As it so happens, I have a chance to pick up a LG VX-9800 for cheap (not dirt cheap, but cheapER). So I have a few questions:

1) Can the LG VX-9800 sync with my Mac's contacts in anyway?
2) Can I access multiple pop3 email accounts with this unit?
3) What is web surfing like on this unit?
4) What is signal strength like on this unit?
5) IM software? Free or download?

Overall, those of you who have this unit, do you like it? Was it worth it? If you're a Mac user, can you sync it easily?

Thanks,

- MT
VZW_SMS

Dec 9, 2005, 11:50 PM
Alright. The 9800 I believe can not sync with your Mac contacts.

1 pop3 email account and that costs and extra $20/month

Web surfing is going to be faster than your Treo due to EVDO capabilities for high-speed browsing but you're limited as to where you can go. It is not a full internet browser just like most phones.

Signal strength is like that of most phones with an intenna. While not fantastic you ARE giving up an antenna... Take it as you will on that.

IM software.. Not sure what you mean on this. You can use the Get It Now downloadable app for Yahoo, MSN Messenger and AIM. These use SMS messages so make sure you have a good txt package as these won't be in network messaging.

In short, keep your treo if you're outside the ...
(continues)
ultima

Dec 18, 2005, 11:56 AM
Treo700 /w windows mobile5 and EVDO should launch in January...
VZW_SMS

Dec 18, 2005, 9:02 PM
Believe it when you see it. Verizon is notorious for pushing back (or forward in the case of the V3 Razr) the release date. Everything is tenative so there's point in telling people when things should or shouldn't be released.

Just because something is quoted as being released in Q1 of 2006 does -not- mean that it will be January either. It could be the end of the first quarter (march) for all we know and even as a rep with Verizon we aren't told the full details on a release until very soon before it is scheduled.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.