Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

LG VX9800 - Used as modem for laptop

mmontanaa

Nov 8, 2005, 9:17 PM
I used to surf the web with my old v60 motorola and my laptop with Verizon. Can you do the same thing with the VX9800 with a laptop and Verizon as well? There must be a way! HELP.
PJ-LG

Dec 10, 2005, 7:07 AM
I just got a Verizon LG 6100. Since I travel a lot, I wanted to be able to check my e-mail w/my laptop. So, my Verizon guy tells me of a USB cable (aka data cable) that connects to my phone and will allow my cell to act as a modem. Great. So I get a cable off of eBay for my phone -including a driver CD- and load the drivers. I change my ISP settings to use the new modum and I am now able to hook up to the internet. The only problem is that my connection says it is 115.5 kbps but my actual speed is very very slow.
Anyone know why?? Also, be sure you get a charging cable, some don't charge when in use.
MIKE3222

Dec 10, 2005, 8:20 AM
i'm pretty sure the 9800 can't do tethered internet. i may be wrong. if it can be verizon doesn't make a cord for it (though any recent lg cord would work) because they would rather you buy the air card. if it's for e-mail you need this, you can get the verizon e-mail client to get your e-mails with that phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.