Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 26 replies

VZW appears greedy and not in touch with customer needs.

phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 5:34 AM
I have a Treo650 with VZW. I can take photos and videos. I can email the photos from the phone but I have to use MMS which VZW charges me to use. Oh, I forgot to mention that I pay VZW $45.00 a month for unlimited data plan so I can use the phone to access the web and process email. Now you would think the $45.00 was enough for VZW but as I mentioned in order to send photos I have to use MMS and pay additional fees. MMS and SMS do not support video so I have no option for sending my videos from my Treo650. According to Palm’s customer service, VZW has locked out my option to attach files to my emails. I could send photos and videos to whomever I wish if I could attach the files to emails but VZW has locked that feature. Palm says the...
(continues)
freedomrep

Oct 5, 2005, 9:19 AM
MMS does support video! please correctly research your statements prior to bashing Vzw.
phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 9:30 AM
Then why does it not work on my Treo650? I cannot send a video using MMS on the Treo650, you tell me the answer and I bet the answer is one you cannot come up with or you do not want to reveal. I am not bashing but you just did so practice what you preach. I am upset the $45.00 for data usage does not allow me to attach files to my emails. How would you like it if AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etcetera started disabling attachments via email?
freedomrep

Oct 5, 2005, 9:55 AM
If Email was your primary concern then your sales rep. should've put you into a blackberry. I know for a fact that the reo can send mms videos etc... That is the primary function of MMS is to send larger files. My suggestion is to read your manual and find out what you are doing wrong when trying to send these files
phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 10:04 AM
I read the manual and spoke to VZW tech support and Palm tech support and Palm determined that VZW locks the option to attach emails and both reps found that video on the Treo650 could not be sent using MMS. If you are a VZW rep then research this and then make suggestions. All you are doing is implying stuff. I thought the idea behind these forums was to help one another and learn. Seems to be a lot of bashing going on and negativity towards individuals and that is not a good thing. I pay VZW $45.00 for unlimited data package. My phone has browser and email capabilities just like my PC. AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etcetera allow attachments in emails and if any of them stopped their customers would not like it. VZW thinks it is okay to lock th...
(continues)
freedomrep

Oct 5, 2005, 10:09 AM
Listen buddy I was trying to help you you have psoted this in every forum. I know for a FACT that you can send videos with the treo. I'm done figure it out on your own
phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 10:27 AM
Now you are saying you are smarter than VZW and Palm tech support and you have all the answers but will not share them. Here's the plan do not read or reply to my posting because you are wasting my time and are a poor excuse for whatever kind of rep you claim to be. Show us how smart you are and post the solution or stop shooting bull and find more productive ways to use your time!
freedomrep

Oct 5, 2005, 10:28 AM
Basically I am not willing to help somebody that is going to disrespect me and demand my help get a life jerk!!
phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 10:43 AM
🤣
danielson

Nov 2, 2005, 3:34 PM
i can't send videos using mms either. I haven't read the manual so i'm not as "informed" BUT when u try to attach a video it gives u this error message. "Send failed. Please check you have a default email application which support attachments. anyone that knows how to fix this help me cuz i don't know how to send videos either! thank u.
nygiants

Nov 10, 2005, 11:59 PM
here you go, easy fix, go to cingular port your # and send what ever you want to send via bluetooth,e-mail,sms,mms. That guy is a jerk just like the comp. he works for!!!
halo

Dec 8, 2005, 8:47 PM
Or if you like EV-DO/CDMA, Sprint is an option. They don't lock out the treo 650 much either, to my understanding.
Vox Dei

Oct 5, 2005, 4:24 PM
I have the Samsung i700 which has the opposite problem. I can send attachments through email but i cannot sent MMS messages 😁. It's not too bad exept i cannot send pictures to people's phones only their emails. I really hope they have fixed this with the i730 but i don't have the money to get one of those yet. gota wait untill i'm eligible for renewal.
phonefool

Oct 5, 2005, 5:27 PM
...is your service with Verizon Wireless? Some folks in these forums think the reason VZW may have shutdown the email attachments on my phone is to protect them from viruses but if you are a VZW customer and can attach files to your emails then that blows that theory out of the water I guess. Thank you for your input.
Vox Dei

Oct 5, 2005, 6:02 PM
I'm accually With Telus in Canada but i am using the Verizon version of the OS.
Jayshmay

Oct 17, 2005, 7:21 AM
I'm a EVDO wireless internet ONLY customer with Verizon, I just want to THANK YOU for the WARNING about how RESTRICTIVE they are about they're handsets.

This coming January, I will have been a Cingular customer for 4yrs. Voice service.
phonefool

Oct 17, 2005, 8:08 AM
You can use VersaMail which allows for attachments. The program comes on the disk that was in the box with the phone. I do agree with you though. Most of the phones that you buy and belong to you will not allow you to install your own personal content like photos without paying additional fees and going through some rediculous process. My aunt just got a phone and wanted me to put a photo she liked on her phone as wallpaper so I would have had to download something from GET IT NOW after agreeing to pay for it, upload photo to a web site then download photo to the phone. THIS IS VERY WRONG and they should correct it as soon as possible! My phone, my photo, screw Get It Now.
Vox Dei

Nov 1, 2005, 9:56 PM
Really? they let you put things on the phone? That's odd. Most CDMA carriers that i've seen don't let you put anything on the phone unless it's downloaded from one of their authorized sites.
janze4

Dec 16, 2005, 10:17 AM
The reason verizon locks out attaching E-mails is the same reason they lock out sending files over BT, they dont want you to share your 2.99 ringtone, they want everyone to have to buy there own. As far as I know sprint does the same thing, but ive never used a sprint PDA. Cingular is the opposite, they let you share whatever you want, its more open and free. But in my opinion verizon has better service, and I think they think that too, and dont feel obligated to open things up.

As far as your MMS video issue, what error does it give? have you tried sending a very short video? I do believe MMS messages have a size limit. If it dosent work even with a very small video then it may just not work. Keep the phone updated in case a fix comes ou...
(continues)
phonefool

Jan 2, 2006, 6:16 AM
I have a treo650 phone and the MMS application on this phone only allows pictures and no video. I have to use Versa Mail and attach video file to share them. Thanks for you input.
phonefool

Jan 19, 2006, 3:15 PM
test
phonefool

Jan 19, 2006, 3:19 PM
test2
freedomrep

Jan 19, 2006, 3:26 PM
Are you really that bored and such a loser that you need to bump an old an thread
phonefool

Jan 19, 2006, 3:29 PM
I am helping the web site owner work through some technical issues your dickless slut. I told you not to write me anymore, get a life.
freedomrep

Jan 19, 2006, 3:31 PM
So you are helping the owner but still using such profanity! I doubt that Rich or Eric either one would approve of the language!!! Especially when you are refering to the woman who gave birth to you loser
phonefool

Jan 19, 2006, 3:34 PM
I see that ignoring you will be the only way to make you go away so I promise you that you will not here from me again. Sorry for the language, I shouldn't used such language when conversing with 12 year olds. BYE!!
freedomrep

Jan 19, 2006, 3:40 PM
Aww but I'm gonna miss your stupid misguided arguements PLEASE DON'T GO

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.