Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Toyota Prius and Bluetooth

wwismb

Jul 30, 2005, 1:25 AM
Part of the reason I bought a new Toyota Prius was the promise of hands free telephone use while driving. Now on my second phone (I learned the hard way the Verizon limits bluetooth service) I'm told by the salesman at Cingular that each and every one of my 147 address book entries must be uploaded into the Prius individually through a process of about a dozen keystrokes. Can this be true? Are there any shortcuts? Need one upload an address to use the voice dial function? Where might one go for more complete support of this system? Niether Prius nor wireless providers seem to have much information. Currently using a Motorola V551 GSM powered by Cingular. Any input appreciated! Thanks!
drjeff

Sep 1, 2005, 9:47 PM
Verizon will not allow its phones to upload address books for security? reasons . The same phone in cingular will allow it but only by individual address as you have discovered. I am wondering whether the new rzr will work better? Also would it be possible to use a blue tooth enabled computer to upload addresses? I could drive my prius close to the window where my mac is located.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.