show all 6 replies

Tether Thru Skyfire Detectable? Tech Help

hermit

Aug 17, 2009, 7:37 PM
I'm looking to tether to my desktop, going thru
Skyfire: it renders web pages same as PC. ATT
rep says they will be able to detect this & tell
me I've violated the contract & send me a bill
based on kbs used. Does anyone have the technical smarts or possibly know someone who does to verify this?
Back story: data plan thru the big rip-off is only $15/mo on an un-smart phone. I don't want to browse using the compressed protocol. Data is data!

Thanx
Cellinovation

Aug 17, 2009, 7:46 PM
Uses the same network portions. I think your rep was trying to sell you more stuff.
Other people have successfully done this with other companies. As long as your not Downloading a bunch of stuff so its evident your kb usage is way outside what you phone should achieve durring a time period. I would think you should be fine.
hermit

Aug 17, 2009, 8:00 PM
Thanks very much. I thought I smelled some bull!
Jayshmay

Aug 18, 2009, 11:31 AM
I tether my laptop to my N95 using Joikuspot, it works great! What phone do you have? Some phones are really easy to tether.
hermit

Aug 18, 2009, 6:57 PM
I will be getting Nokia 6650
I understand PC Connect from Nokia is an easy one. Some forum contributors say you get full web pages (?).
Jayshmay

Aug 18, 2009, 9:31 PM
Yeah, it's called Nokia PC Suite.
dshearn

Nov 24, 2009, 11:47 AM
Most phone use Diffrent log-ins to the system for MIPs

ITs night and day when a phone does it on our network since It logs in to Data with a diffrent log in to tether.

What you want is

1. a PROXY that will use the Base Mobile IP config regardless of data access type

2. know how to edit your Mobile IP config

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.