Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

T-moble SDA Internet Connection

shellis129

Aug 5, 2007, 5:03 PM
I gots a question...

Can I use my SDA to connect my laptop to the internet? If so, how is it done? AND here's the kicker... I use T-Zones to connect to the internet on the SDA (It's rare and I have a wifi connection around me most of the time so I don't see the point in subscribing to their internet package for $30 a month when I would rarely use it). But if I'm in a pinch and I need (more like WANT since "I need" makes me sound like some nerd who has no life) to get my computer online and there's not a connection anywhere, can I use the SDA with T-Zones to connect?

Or do I need to use their internet package for that? Cause that might be a good idea just for vacations and stuff where the hotel might make you pay for the internet. $1 ...
(continues)
DJ Parkay

Aug 8, 2007, 7:00 PM
It is not possible to do without the total internet package. Any phone even a crappy razr has to have the total internet package if you want to tether. The exception is the blackberry line of prodcts which need the BB internet package to tether.

You would look under connection manager on your SDA to tether your laptop and by the way -ITS IN THE MANUAL!!! so RTFM!
shellis129

Aug 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
Hey Parkay... thanks for the reply. Just wonderin' about it. Maybe someday I'll look more into it.

You know what's funny?

IDGAFM!

That's... I Didn't Get A F!@king Manual! Haha.

No, really... I got a Welcome Guide but no manual. No book. I've always gotten a thick lil' book that when you turn it upside down, it's in spanish. Not this time. The guide I got talks about basics but hasn't been able to explain the stuff that I DON'T know about the phone. Yeah, I learned how to send a text message and how to make a call (ya know, stuff that my 7 year old daughter knows how to do), but when it came to questions that I had about more complex issues (like using it as an internet connection for my PC), it doesn't say one word about it.

(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.